“Not your average place.”

Aloft Denver International Airport
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at two Aloft hotels on a recent business trip - first time at this brand. The hotel is different in a good way -minimal, yet very comfortable rooms. The decor is modern verging on industrial. The service to a person was outstanding both at this location and in San Francisco. My only complaint is the lack of a restaurant. If you just need a snack, no problem. But if you are on an extended road trip ( as I was ), the ability to get a quick, good meal in your room or at the location can be crucial - especially if you are in a daily grind. True, there are options nearby -but that can be a hassle if time is critical. In short a great place to stay for a night, but you may need more in house conveniences if on a long road trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Matt K, Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back with in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We rented 5 rooms as we had early departures from the airport. The price was great compared to other airport hotels and we were pleasantly surprised by all the amenties...pool for the kids, bar for the adults, nice breakfast area, snacks always available, very short walking distance to Applebees and other restaurants. Great location for getting onto Pena Blvd and getting to airport quickly!! Only one very small negative - I am a light sleeper - when the fans kicked off, I could hear the traffic on Pena, but this was so minor. I will definitely use this hotel again when we need to stay at the airport!

Room Tip: Agree with others - rooms on south side would be quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Matt K, Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We truly appreciate your feedback and can't wait to have you visit us again!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I spent one night here before catching a flight out of denver and i was pleasantly surprised. It has a really nice ambiance in the lobby area and the manager (John) is awesome! There is also a bar, in door pool, 24 hour gym, snacks, and pool table available on the first floor. The room layout is different than any other hotel I've been in. It also has a couple of restaurants within walking distance. Great choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm glad we were able to assist you with your non-changable reservation and I'm happy that we were able to accommodate your needs.

Thanks again for staying with us and come back soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed here due to a cancelled flight so we were in less than cheery moods when we arrived. We were pleasantly surprised by the friendly and helpful staff, free airport shuttle, modern architecture, and wide selection of snacks and drinks at the bar. If you get a chance, try the chocolate blonde dessert- YUM! All in all, a great experience ad a refreshing change of pace from your typical hotel. We can't comment in the value since the Airline comped our room, but the experience was great and we will gladly pay on our own to stay at aloft in the future

• Stayed: December 2012

Thanks again for staying with us and come back soon!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is the a beautiful hotel. You will enjoy your stay, whether 1 night or multiple. This place rocks!! This is a jewel property in the area. The staff are very helpful and the rooms are of the utmost quality. I wish I could have stayed here more than 1 night.

Room Tip: Enroll in the SPG rewards program. NOTE: check in with Will (night shift)! He is the best!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nubear
Matt K, Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Maybe next time you can stay longers.

Hope to see you next time

Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Spent a night here before our flight home out of Denver International. The hotel was design contemporary and very chic. The room was small but nice with comfortable bed. The lobby was very nice and we had a good selection of healthy choices. If you are looking for a nice hotel near the airport I would recommend this property.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gauxtiger
Matt K, Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you back soon.

Happy Holidays

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is one of the worst hotels for service anywhere. I stayed here when my connecting flight was canceled and I was rebooked for a morning flight the next day. I arrived at the hotel after midnight and was met by a surly desk clerk who could not be bothered looking up from his computer screen while he was checking me in. There was no recognition of SPG status and no recognition of me even as a fellow human being. I asked for an 8 a.m. wake-up call and inquired if the airport shuttles left every half hour and was answered with a grunt. It was obvious that I needed help with luggage but two young employees who were hanging out at a distance doing nothing but talking to each other and looking down at their hands were doing their utmost not to look like hotel employees so I just hauled my luggage up to the room myself. It's too bad that one of the slackers missed out on a quick $15 tip.

When I arrived at the room I set the alarm, took a shower and went to bed. Did the 8 a.m. wake-uo call ever come? No. Did the room alarm go off on time? Probably, but it was a flashing light alarm only with no sound. I woke up by myself at 8:30 a.m. and in a panic dressed, threw my toiletries back into my carry-on and hauled my luggage down to the lobby just in time to see the 9 a.m. shuttle leave for the airport. The morning desk clerk got a cab for me and I got to my flight a few minutes before the crew closed the doors for departure.

This is a hotel designed for younger people who place minimalist, modern decor above any type of normal customer service. Alofts are minimalist to be sure. One of the window shades had ripped and had been mended with Scotch tape. On the plus side the bed was not uncomfortable and I did not find the room noisy but it was very cold when I arrived and very slow to warm up.

Would I stay in a hotel with this caliber of service again? Never. In today's economy there is no reason to retain employees who do not offer paying guests even the most minimal of customer service.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JadedTourista
Matt K, Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am sorry about the issues during your stay. This is certainly not normal.
If you would like to discuss further you can call me directly so we may resolve these issues.

Happy Holiday’s!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Homewood Suites Denver International Airport
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park

Been to Aloft Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!