“Perfect break during a long road trip”

Aloft Denver International Airport
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed in a smaller Aloft in San Antonio last year and loved everything about the different approach. Recently while traveling a group of 8 in a van across the country. We stopped at the Aloft in Denver for one night for a chance to unwind and re-energize. No one in my group had stayed at an Aloft and by the next morning everyone had huge relaxed smiles. It's exceptionally family friendly because the pool, internet computers, lounge and game activities are all in the same vicinity, but still spread out. We spent our evening playing cards and playing ball in the lobby. Our bartender Melanie was welcoming and attended to our somewhat rowdy group very well. I can't imagine anyone business, couple or family not enjoying their stay here. Also, the get the award for the nicest showers, huge. Very nice after a few nights of Best Westerns!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Hi there orangebluetime!

I'm glad you and your family got to enjoy their stay with us after severl days of roadtrip! I've done long roadtrips myself and the hotel stay is the most important part so you can rest and rejuvinate!

Glad you enjoyed our w xyz bar and our bartender, she's awesome!

Thanks for staying with us and thanks for sharing your experience!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

smart and stylish and great location for flying in and out of Denver, clean and tidy with great decor and all amenities you really need for an over night stay. I wouldn't stay longer in this type of hotel as i like to have a bathtub (and yes, the shower leaks as the door doesn't close properly) but no big deal, everything else was great. Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Aloha sljones5!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! We are working on our shower door issue - its part of a broader issue which we are working through and I'm sorry it leaked.

I hope you get to stay with us again soon!!

Enjoy your summer!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

In town for a conference and Marriott across the street was booked. I decided to earn some Starwood points and try Aloft. It def has the W hotel vibe , but scaled back! Love the Nirvana playing as I checked in :)The clientele is younger, the desk clerk included. Everyone was super courteous and service minded, I just found myself wanting to check ID 's.
My room reminded me of a retro trailer (think built ins) but the bed and linens were comfy and room clean. The hotel is sound proof because if the kids were partying.. I didn't hear one peep! Ps very nice gym, I will be back but will bring my 18 and 21 year olds!

• Stayed: June 2012

Hey there Sunflowergirl62,

I'm so glad you decided to try us out and enjoyed your stay! It's definately a hip vibe and fun atmosphere.

I think our gym is one of the best in the Gateway Park area - I've used it myself and I love it!

Hope you get to stay with us again - and bring the family!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We have stayed at the Aloft Broomfield, but this was our first time at the DIA location. Our experience was consistent with our others at an Aloft hotel - good value, good service and comfortable room. The gentlemen working at the front desk the evening of 6/1 were particularly welcoming and friendly. If we ever needed to stay near the airport again to catch an early flight, we would be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Aloha Devo4924!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! Our goal is to provide a friendly, clean and fun environment for our guests and I'm glad we were able to do this for you.

Thanks for being our guest and thank you for sharing your experience!

Best regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2012

The shuttle to DIA is shared with several neighboring hotels and seems to be undersized for the demand - so no room onboard. Ended up taking a $30 cab ride to get to the hotel from airport. So factor cab fare into the overnight cost. Asked Sheraton to compensate but according to local manager John Segulla the shuttle is "complimentary" and therefore can not be guaranteed or compensated for. Plenty of pther DIA hotel choices so wont stay here again even though I'm SPG Gold - its not worth the frustration.

• Stayed: June 2012

Good Day WalterRoss,

I am so sorry you had a bad experience regarding our shuttle service. I will share your experience with our Transportation Manager to ensure proper room on our shuttles.

Thank you for sharing your experience and thank you for being out guest!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was staying by myself for a Monday night, flying in and out to see a concert at Red Rocks. Location is about a 10min drive from the airport, about 45min to the concert venue. There are several other major chain hotels in this same area.

Similar to W's, it felt "cool" to stay here. Modern decoration and vibe throughout the buildings and rooms. Seemed new, room and bathroom was spacious and nicely decorated. Two free bottles of water was a very good touch. Free wireless, and when I connected my laptop via cable I was able to upload video to youtube faster than I have ever experienced anywhere- very nice! Parking was no hassle.

No restaurant, they sell some snacks I didn't try- you can walk down road to a Ted's Montana Grill (I liked this place) or an Applebees.

Some cons: pool wasn't available (due to a broken door card reader? How about you step up and get someone out same day to fix that?). There was a trainee at check in check out with another employee- on check out I was in a hurry and asked that she take care of me instead of waiting for the trainee to finish with another customer, then do me- she was a little taken aback, as opposed to proactively offering this or simply saying "Certainly, let me help you." These were the only employees I spotted the whole time- but that is fine, I generally don't need much. However as a related but different topic, I travel ALOT and used to adore W hotels- I stopped going to them because their employees were always somewhere between aloof to unhelpful and almost rude. Very much a "my [--] doesn't stink" attitude.

So I like this new Aloft concept, for about $115 an outstanding stay- some of the benefits of a W but at a much lower price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Hi there WhereisDave!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us!

I'm glad you enjoyed staying at the hotel and Ted's Montana Grill! It's a great place to eat when staying here.

I'm sorry you had a few hiccups during your stay. The Pool Door Lock has been repaired, I'm sorry we didn't have it repaied in time for your stay. I'm also sharing your experience with our team about the perception of our team's attitude. Your stay should be a warm friendly and fun experience and so we will be sure to share this and address it.

Thanks again for staying with us and thanks for sharing your experience so we can continue to improve.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel was so nice! I got a really good deal on the room. It was very clean, not too far from downtown Denver. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were gorgeous.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Hey there Amanda P!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us!! Hope to see you again soon!

Mike

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Homewood Suites Denver International Airport
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park

Been to Aloft Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!