“Denver Diversion”

Aloft Denver International Airport
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed June 8, 2012

In town for a conference and Marriott across the street was booked. I decided to earn some Starwood points and try Aloft. It def has the W hotel vibe , but scaled back! Love the Nirvana playing as I checked in :)The clientele is younger, the desk clerk included. Everyone was super courteous and service minded, I just found myself wanting to check ID 's.
My room reminded me of a retro trailer (think built ins) but the bed and linens were comfy and room clean. The hotel is sound proof because if the kids were partying.. I didn't hear one peep! Ps very nice gym, I will be back but will bring my 18 and 21 year olds!

• Stayed: June 2012

Hey there Sunflowergirl62,

I'm so glad you decided to try us out and enjoyed your stay! It's definately a hip vibe and fun atmosphere.

I think our gym is one of the best in the Gateway Park area - I've used it myself and I love it!

Hope you get to stay with us again - and bring the family!

There are newer reviews for Aloft Denver International Airport

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We have stayed at the Aloft Broomfield, but this was our first time at the DIA location. Our experience was consistent with our others at an Aloft hotel - good value, good service and comfortable room. The gentlemen working at the front desk the evening of 6/1 were particularly welcoming and friendly. If we ever needed to stay near the airport again to catch an early flight, we would be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Aloha Devo4924!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! Our goal is to provide a friendly, clean and fun environment for our guests and I'm glad we were able to do this for you.

Thanks for being our guest and thank you for sharing your experience!

Best regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2012

The shuttle to DIA is shared with several neighboring hotels and seems to be undersized for the demand - so no room onboard. Ended up taking a $30 cab ride to get to the hotel from airport. So factor cab fare into the overnight cost. Asked Sheraton to compensate but according to local manager John Segulla the shuttle is "complimentary" and therefore can not be guaranteed or compensated for. Plenty of pther DIA hotel choices so wont stay here again even though I'm SPG Gold - its not worth the frustration.

• Stayed: June 2012

Good Day WalterRoss,

I am so sorry you had a bad experience regarding our shuttle service. I will share your experience with our Transportation Manager to ensure proper room on our shuttles.

Thank you for sharing your experience and thank you for being out guest!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was staying by myself for a Monday night, flying in and out to see a concert at Red Rocks. Location is about a 10min drive from the airport, about 45min to the concert venue. There are several other major chain hotels in this same area.

Similar to W's, it felt "cool" to stay here. Modern decoration and vibe throughout the buildings and rooms. Seemed new, room and bathroom was spacious and nicely decorated. Two free bottles of water was a very good touch. Free wireless, and when I connected my laptop via cable I was able to upload video to youtube faster than I have ever experienced anywhere- very nice! Parking was no hassle.

No restaurant, they sell some snacks I didn't try- you can walk down road to a Ted's Montana Grill (I liked this place) or an Applebees.

Some cons: pool wasn't available (due to a broken door card reader? How about you step up and get someone out same day to fix that?). There was a trainee at check in check out with another employee- on check out I was in a hurry and asked that she take care of me instead of waiting for the trainee to finish with another customer, then do me- she was a little taken aback, as opposed to proactively offering this or simply saying "Certainly, let me help you." These were the only employees I spotted the whole time- but that is fine, I generally don't need much. However as a related but different topic, I travel ALOT and used to adore W hotels- I stopped going to them because their employees were always somewhere between aloof to unhelpful and almost rude. Very much a "my [--] doesn't stink" attitude.

So I like this new Aloft concept, for about $115 an outstanding stay- some of the benefits of a W but at a much lower price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Hi there WhereisDave!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us!

I'm glad you enjoyed staying at the hotel and Ted's Montana Grill! It's a great place to eat when staying here.

I'm sorry you had a few hiccups during your stay. The Pool Door Lock has been repaired, I'm sorry we didn't have it repaied in time for your stay. I'm also sharing your experience with our team about the perception of our team's attitude. Your stay should be a warm friendly and fun experience and so we will be sure to share this and address it.

Thanks again for staying with us and thanks for sharing your experience so we can continue to improve.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel was so nice! I got a really good deal on the room. It was very clean, not too far from downtown Denver. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were gorgeous.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Hey there Amanda P!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us!! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed a night in preparation for an early flight home, and we were struck with how contemporary and well designed the hotel is. Looks very much like something you might find in Berlin--clean lines, interesting design features, etc.
The staff was profession and extremely competent--from the desk to the bar.
Our only complaint (and this wasn't really the hotel's fault) was that a guest had disabled the lock to the pool, so we couldn't swim (although the desk clerk did tell us we could use the pool next door for free).
Overall, very satisfied--clean, quiet, fashionable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
AloftDenverAirport, General Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Hey there, Caren T!

Thanks for the awesome compliments! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! If you're ever in the area again and stay with us, stop by and say hello! We love meeting our guests!

Life Life Aloft!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

The Aloft tagline is "a vision of W Hotels," and they're right. Like a W Hotel, the Aloft is stylish and contemporary. Like a W Hotel, the staff were very helpful without being obsequious, stiff, or intrusive. The price was far less than a W Hotel, but I was left with exactly the same feeling I get from a W Hotel: I want to stay there again.

How do they accomplish "style at a steal"? The lobby had luggage carts for hauling my bags (but no bellmen). Adjacent to the lobby is a large, attractive area with tables and seating (but it's outdoors--so watch out for bad weather). The fitness center was equipped with cardio machines, a weight machine, dumbbells, and tv (but no complimentary apples or attendant). In my room was a shower (but not a tub) with Bliss soap (from a dispenser, not a little bottle that I could take home). Another dispenser had shampoo-conditioner (rather than offering separate bottles of shampoo and conditioner as at a W). Facing the bathroom sink was a place to hang my clothes (a rack with 5 hangers, but not a full size closet) and some shelves for my belongings (but not a full size chest of drawers). The bathroom setup was superbly designed for logical functioning: shower, shave, and dress without walking more than a few steps.

Next to the bed was a retro analog alarm clock (but not a clock radio). On the other side of the bed was an ironing board (but not an iron). Across from the bed was a padded bench that was handy for packing and unpacking suitcases (but not an easy chair). The desk had power outlets readily available. The (free) wired Internet was fast; in my room, I didn't consistently get particularly fast Internet with wireless. The windows had stylish shades (but not drapes).

The shower had its high points (almost immediate hot water) and its low points (a door that wouldn't close completely--so the bathroom floor got wet--and somehow my repair request didn't seem to get follow-up).

This Aloft is in Gateway Park. Much of Gateway Park is a cluster of hotels, restaurants, and convenience stores. It's where the (long) airport road branches off I-70. The free shuttle ride from hotel to terminal on the (long) airport road took about 20 minutes. Sign up for your seat on the shuttle (which leaves on the hour and half-hour)--the 6 a.m. run was almost full.

I'd been warned about problems with car rental at the Denver airport. I was able to fill my tank at the Circle K/Shell nearby (just north of E. 40th Ave. on Chambers Rd.), drive the ten miles or so to the Avis location, and still have the gas gauge pointing to "full" (with the car I had rented). There's also a gas plaza near the car rental returns. The car rental return stations stretch on for what seemed like over a mile--I got worried as I looked and looked for Avis as I drove and drove and drove. I thought I'd save time by returning the car the night before I left. However, it took 50 minutes for me to drive from the Circle K/Shell on the (long) airport road, locate the Avis return, wait in line for a "Not Rapid" return at the Avis counter, wait for the Avis shuttle and ride the Avis shuttle to the terminal (from where I took the Aloft shuttle back to the hotel). Maybe my experience was atypical. Maybe I made some wrong decisions. But that's the way things were with me.

When I drove in Denver traffic at rush hour, the pace was slow. It might have been worth it for me to take the toll road (E-470) even though it was a bit out of the way.

Although the Aloft is an airport hotel, the gargantuan size of the Denver airport means that you must allow plenty of time for car rental return and shuttle rides to the terminal. Once I was at the Aloft, I truly felt that I was getting just what they claim: style at a steal.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
AloftDenverAirport, General Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Hey there MidwestBoomer,

Thanks for the awesome response! Your response was fair and objective and I'd like to thank you for that. I read your response to my team and shared your expierence as I do with all the responses we receive - however, yours offered a lot of insight from the guest perspective which is what we really like to read.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your stay and thank you for being our guest!

life life aloft!
Mike

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park

Been to Aloft Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!