“A great crash pad near the airport”

Aloft Denver International Airport
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed March 13, 2012

My wife and stayed here because we had a 6 am flight out DIA and didn’t want to wake up at 3 am to get to the airport. So we did some digging and found this place. Upon entering the modern lobby with bar, mini store (for the lack of a better description), we pleasantly surprised and pleased.

Our room was on the second floor and can be described as a business person’s efficiency room with king sized bed, work table, nice sized flat screen TV. Nice bathroom with a good sized shower. The only complaint about the room is that it was located near some building machinery that would come on every 2 minutes or so and last for about 30 seconds. It was a bit annoying when trying to sleep. So I would shy away from room #221….but other than that we loved our one night stay.
If you are traveling to Denver, this hotel is about a 20 minute (without traffic) drive to downtown Denver….so you will need a car. But it was perfect for our needs.

Amenities – the bar is bright and fun with nightly drink specials. Small indoor pool, and a well equipped workout room.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
AloftDenverAirport, General Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Greetings SpazCat!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel!

I'm sorry to hear that there was a noise near your room. I'll get Engineering to check that out to see if it's something that can be remedied, but thank you for making us aware!

I'm glad you found our easy-breezy design appealing and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!

Thanks for staying with us and I hope you'll come and visit us again!!

Very Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Aloft Denver International Airport

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I like the Alofts and this one had nice employees and a good price for my one night stay. I like to report things in hotels (to help the next person) and I noticed the safe needed new batteries. Mentioned it and a friendly guy named Issac showed up and took care of it right away. They also gave me a very early check-in. The only thing which would improve this hotel would be a hot tub!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
AloftDenverAirport, General Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Hey there CitizenMP!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! I'm glad that we were able to get you checked in early. I'm sorry that you had to experience low batteries with the safe in your room - but I'm glad that Isaac came right up and replaced the batteries for you. I will be sure to print and share your story with all of my associates and recognize Isaac.

We pride ourselves on making things easy-breezy for our guests and I hope we did that for you!

We hope that you'll stay with us again and thank you for choosing aloft!

Very Best Regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2012

As a start up, we used the Aloft Denver Airport for a meeting with co workers from around the country. With Southwest providing good airfare into Denver, we contracted Aloft for our rooms and used their "Tactic" room for an all day meeting. The sleeping rooms were cool, not traditional, but very clean and well appointed. The service from that staff was excellent. The meeting room was well equipped with the proper technical equipment and they catered in the breakfast and lunch. All food was good and well priced.
They have a nice bar and lounge in the lobby and the airport shuttle ( which runs every 1/2 hour) was prompt. We nothing but good things to say about this experience. Will use them again.

Room Tip: They use liquid soap in shower. If that does not do it for you, use the bar at the sink. The food...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
AloftDenverAirport, General Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Good Day James P,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us!

We take great pride in ensuring that every guest leaves with a positive experience and wants to return. I'm so glad that our Tactic room was equipped well enough for your meeting and I'm so glad that you were provided with excellent service.

We're not your traditional hotel, we are hip, funky and out-of-the-box - but, we are technically savvy, we provide excellent service, we are a break from the norm and I'm glad you enjoyed!

Hope we get to see you again soon!

Very best regards,

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Stayed overnight between flights at DIA. First the good (and there's lots of it):
1. Hotel shuttle was right on time picking up from the airport and only 5 minutes late going back to the airport(Pretty punctual). This is a great thing to know about an airport hotel.
2. The hotel is nice, modern and happening - reminds me of upscale european property.
3. Has a nice bar scene and had I had any stamina after my flight I would have been happy to spend time there.
4. The bed is pretty comfortable and has a nice duvet blanket.
Then the not so good:
1. Out of the 2 windows, one had a good screen to block the light - the other had 2 inches missing to close completely. I had to use some pillows to cover the gap so I owuldn't have a really early wake up.
2. Alarm on alarm clock is light only. If you plan on a buzzer - it won't wake you up.

All in all - I enjoyed my stay and would certainly not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
AloftDenverAirport, General Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Good Day HighTechTraveller,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! I truly appreciate the feedback as I read and respond to every comment posted.

Thank you for the awesome comments! I'd like to apologize about the window blind issue and I'll have engineering take a look into that as they should close properly so our guests can rest.

I'll also have housekeeping look into the alarm clock. It should buzz - not just light up.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review and thank you for being our guest!!!

Michael MacCallum

Reviewed February 17, 2012

One night at the Aloft before my flight out. As others have noted, the hotel has a hip W-esque feel to it. The rooms have a euro vibe, a glass enclosed shower, no closet, flat screen tv, and post-modern furniture. Fortunately they didnt go with the bewildering euro half shower door, not that it mattered because the door didnt close all the way and my floor was pond by the time i finished my shower. Most importantly, the sink, bathroom counter, shower, toilet, desk, bed and sheets were all spotless. This is mercifully a non bedspread hotel. The carpet and wallpaper had numerous stains (I wish more hotels had hardwood). There wasn't much in the way of sound insulation--the elevator could be heard though the walls as well as the usual door slamming. probably a better call than some of the more tired properties in the vicinity, but the decor is already showing its age.

Room Tip: Away from elevator core

Good Day Luxeslap,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I truly appreciate the honest feedback and we take every comment very seriously. We are anticipating replacing our hallway wall vinyl this year and carpet cleaning begins this week.

I will have engineering look into the shower door issue, too. That should have kept closed for you.

I am brand new at the property and I appreciate the feedback so that I know what my guest are experiencing and my goal is to make it the best possible experience for my guests.

Thank you again for your feedback and thank you for being our guest!

Best Regards,

Michael MacCallum

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Very nice hotel! The pool is very cold though and my friends and I couldn't stay in it for long.... We had some issues with the shower, you can see into it through the glass and it is a little.... weird. HOWEVER, the lobby is very nice! Very stylish and modern, nice bar area and overall a very good hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank BigTraveller8293
AloftDenverAirport, Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

Dear BigTraveller8293 -

Let me thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us at our Aloft Hotel at the Denver International Airport. We appreciate the feedback.

We too enjoy our upbeat, modern, and fresh atmosphere in our lobby and throughout the hotel which is beyond the typical hotel. The frosted glass in our showers adds that modern touch in your guestroom.

We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Denver.

Greg Dietl - Manager

Reviewed January 21, 2012

I had never stayed at an Aloft before, but being a longtime Starwood member, I had seen a lot of pictures. I found this one to be clean and nice, with good, friendly service. These hotels aren't Ws or Westins or Sheratons...they are more like upscale Novotels; dorm rooms on steroids. The Aloft DIA met my needs for a day; I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
AloftDenverAirport, Manager at Aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Dear JoseVargas100 -

On behalf of my team at our Aloft Denver Airport, thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us.

We take pride in providing each of our guests with great service and accommodations and are glad you had a pleasant experience. If you are ever in the Denver area again, please let us know.

Greg Dietl - Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
HYATT House Denver Airport

Been to Aloft Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!