“Can't go wrong.”

Cuisines: American
Billings, Montana
“Can't go wrong.”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I tend not to be a fan of chain restaurants, or any other chain for that matter. Mimi's is what a chain SHOULD be. Reasonably priced, excellent food, consistant experience and service.

We visited twice this trip, once for breakfast and another time to meet some friends for a snack. In each instance, service was good, food was good, life was good. A quick story: the young girl who's family we met with was a "pistol." She snacked on her brownie, requested--and snacked on my fries--then noticed the sign that said "Free large soup if we don't offer." They didn't offer. She took home a nice container of soup and the waitress was happy to oblige. That's service as it should be.

You won't leave hungry and you won't leave broke. Satisfied, happy. As it should be.

• Visited March 2013

Denver, CO
“Solid comfort food!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We come this place all the time with parents and grandparents. It just tastes the closest to what my Grandma makes for a restaurant. I especially like the Pot Pie, Pot Roast, and the Carrot Raisin Muffins!

Visited November 2012
Atlanta, GA
“Stick to the French Food on the Menu”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I visited Mimi's Cafe at lunchtime this week and ordered from the 3-course menu for $9.99 and received what looked like a very thin breakfast steak cooked past the point of being edible. When I notified the waiter, the manager came immediately and offered me anything else I wanted. I was not made to feel bad about speaking up which I immensely appreciated. The quiche I got (as a replacement for the inedible steak) was excellent. The tomato basil soup and muffin were also excellent! I recommend this restaurant, but stick to the French food since that is their specialty.

• Visited March 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
“The Right Stuff”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Got off the plane from an early morning flight from Tampa to Denver and all I wanted was a good burger but I didn't want a national chain restaurant. My sister took me to Mimi's. This is obviously the place to be after-church, Sunday brunch hot spot! Warm greeting, passable service and outstanding food .... Oh the fries were really good! And we took home a $5 container of tomato-basil soup for dinner. Just what the doctor ordered. Next time out west, we'll be there!

Dallas, TX
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

On our way to the airport on Sunday we stopped by for breakfast. Service was fast and breakfast was much better than at the chain breakfast type of places. The music was at the right level, and the restaurant temperature was comfortable, i.e. not too cold like many places.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Mimi's Cafe? Share your experiences!