“wonderful place”

WoodSpring Suites Denver Aurora
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed in the Value Place in Aurora Co. We stayed for one week. The place was very clean and well managed. Every one of the staff were real helpful. they were as nice as you could find any where in a friendly State. We were close to Denver with so many things to do that I could not get to do everything I wanted to. Aurora has all the places to eat that You want. No big city problems there. Not at all like Denver. I will have to make a return trip soon. The parking was good and no trouble finding a good spot. Both front and back, with easy access.

Room Tip: Ms Kate was very helpful, gave us a first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 22, 2014

This place has a good location not far from downtown Denver. I did encounter a clean lobby and fantastically newly remodeled rooms. The staff was not used to having business customers shown by the way the handled business. They called me three times to confirm that I was still coming. As a non-smoker having people smoking right outside the entrance was difficult. Every Friday night the club across the street in the shopping center becomes a loud distraction. You may want to plan on spending Friday nights out of your room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Value Place was abominable, but the people there made it tolerable. Thanks to DaRon, Kate, and the housekeeping. Thank You all for being awesome. The rooms were modern, they had nice flat screens, and the beds were comfortable. The staff goes out of the way to make their guests feel welcomed. That is only the staff at THAT property.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have stayed at the Value Place in aurora CO for almost two years and I must say that on the whole the staff is excellent!! Every small issue that I had was taken care of in a timely matter. Some staff that really deserve honorable mention are Ian, Kate, Mary, Cory, and Pat. They have made my stay feel more homey and comfortable, they have acted in the most professional matter on all terms with me and my family. I would honestly recommend this establishment for a small family for an extended stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quieter!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rolly O
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The room I was in, had burn holes in the vanity and holes in the shower/tub people
hang out in the hallways even though it is against there policy.
The microwave did not work properly.

When I tried to check in my room I was told it had been sold to someone else.
Upon leaving the one of staff accused me of stealing the luggage cart?
Told Bruce the MGR and seem to careless about the problem.

Nathan [--] is nearly impossible to get hold of, even though he promises to put a credit to my credit card he has never do so?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank GIJohn
Reviewed October 14, 2013

DO NOT BOOK THIS PLACE!! Confirmation means nothing, you can arrive there and not have a room! Reservation was confirmed online and held with my credit card. Called to pay in full on the day of arrival, and they claimed no room available. They stated a customer did not check out and had extended their stay KNOWING they had a reservation booked already. INSANE!! The front desk agent had no comment, nothing to say. No solution for their poor customer service and useless online booking site. NOT MY PROBLEM. I've stayed in many hotels, wanting to extend stay and denied because the hotel was full, and had reservations for future dates. Again, NOT MY PROBLEM. I fail to understand how you can CONFIRM a reservation, and upon checkin, you have NO ROOMS?!! This was unacceptable customer service. I just retired from 29 yrs in the airline business and have NEVER experienced this situation. Its quite frustrating!! I could have gone to this hotel in the morning, anytime, all day to checkin. There should have been some disclaimer about overbookings or the possibility of NOT having a room available even WITH a confirmation...according to Hotel's policy..... I hope they improve reservation policies and STOP inconveniencing potential repeat customers!

Room Tip: Don't waste your time, they won't hold a room for you and they won't care.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sillytia2
Nathan B, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear we were unable to meet your expectations. One of the benefits of staying with Value Place is that once you check in you can stay as long as you like. While that is an option we offer for all of our guests, it does at times create an oversold situation. We make every attempt to find similar temporary accommodations during these situations and check those guests in at the first availability. We appreciate your feedback on the reservation system and will make every effort possible to avoid these situations in the future.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Took me 10 minutes to be able to write this review on their internet. 6-10kbps at best. Shower is crap, doesn't get above room temperature. TV is tiny and no extra channels. Elevator is slow. One of the worst places i have stayed, especially for the price. Will never be coming back to one of these again.

Room Tip: Pick another place to stay.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joshua B
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for your feedback about your stay. We strive to provide every guest with the best experience possible. We are in the process of upgrading our internet at several of our locations. We take all feedback very seriously and hope that you will reconsider staying with us in the future.