“Don't waste your time booking this place, they never have a room.”

WoodSpring Suites Denver Aurora
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed October 14, 2013

DO NOT BOOK THIS PLACE!! Confirmation means nothing, you can arrive there and not have a room! Reservation was confirmed online and held with my credit card. Called to pay in full on the day of arrival, and they claimed no room available. They stated a customer did not check out and had extended their stay KNOWING they had a reservation booked already. INSANE!! The front desk agent had no comment, nothing to say. No solution for their poor customer service and useless online booking site. NOT MY PROBLEM. I've stayed in many hotels, wanting to extend stay and denied because the hotel was full, and had reservations for future dates. Again, NOT MY PROBLEM. I fail to understand how you can CONFIRM a reservation, and upon checkin, you have NO ROOMS?!! This was unacceptable customer service. I just retired from 29 yrs in the airline business and have NEVER experienced this situation. Its quite frustrating!! I could have gone to this hotel in the morning, anytime, all day to checkin. There should have been some disclaimer about overbookings or the possibility of NOT having a room available even WITH a confirmation...according to Hotel's policy..... I hope they improve reservation policies and STOP inconveniencing potential repeat customers!

Room Tip: Don't waste your time, they won't hold a room for you and they won't care.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sillytia2
Nathan B, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear we were unable to meet your expectations. One of the benefits of staying with Value Place is that once you check in you can stay as long as you like. While that is an option we offer for all of our guests, it does at times create an oversold situation. We make every attempt to find similar temporary accommodations during these situations and check those guests in at the first availability. We appreciate your feedback on the reservation system and will make every effort possible to avoid these situations in the future.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Took me 10 minutes to be able to write this review on their internet. 6-10kbps at best. Shower is crap, doesn't get above room temperature. TV is tiny and no extra channels. Elevator is slow. One of the worst places i have stayed, especially for the price. Will never be coming back to one of these again.

Room Tip: Pick another place to stay.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joshua B
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for your feedback about your stay. We strive to provide every guest with the best experience possible. We are in the process of upgrading our internet at several of our locations. We take all feedback very seriously and hope that you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I've stayed at all 3 Value Places in Colorado and they all toot "High Speed Internet", seriously that's a lie!!!! They don't have WIFI. I have a very fast and new laptop and even using there Ethernet cable, I could take a nap between the time it takes me to wait for web pages to open, even at 3:00 AM when people are sleeping so it's not a time everyone is on. In fact it took me 3 days at all hours for someone in the office to even tell me how to log on the internet, ironically no one was familiar with how to use a computer and apparently each location is different, but the one thing that's the same at all value places is that it's very.....slow speed..... internet. So for all business travelers go somewhere else.!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank 426diane426
Reviewed July 18, 2012

my family was staying here until they found a new place to live. so my brother in law called my sister and told her that he found a bed bug on my nephew. he was about to put the bedding out of their room and one of the worker yelled about him and said that why are you trying to infect the whole building. so my sister and i got back to to the room and we found a the bed bug in the sheets that my brother in law said. the staff dont care about the bed bugs and other people that are living here to us that they found bed bugs in their room. bruce is rude and dont care if someone has a medical problem my sister has to have a assistance dog because of her health and bruce said that my sister dog cant be their assistance dog. NEVER GO HERE BED BUGS PLEASE WATCH OUT. HERE IS A PICTURE OF WHAT WE FOUND

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Charisse K
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I've stayed at two Value Place locations, including this Aurora location. Both experiences were awful.

Highlights of this stay:
Cons:
"Rapping" staff.

Shirtless beggar knocking at the door.

Pet excrement on the front porch area for days.

Desk staff refusing to give a receipt for the condition of room at desired check-out time.

Apparently inebriated manager.

Error-riddled billing. (This issue was resolved after multiple exchanges with the manager.)

Snow shoveled from walk to between cars.

Coin-op washers seem to have non-standard fill switches; they fill about 3/4. (One washer?
1.25. Transferring half your wet load to another washer? Priceless.)

The kid at the desk claimed that I had reserved a higher price room. Like billing issues, having the print-out handy resolved the issue.

The card keys regularly and inconveniently stopped working.

And more!

Pros:
The police are always patrolling.

Paint is nice after staff cleans body fluids from the walls.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Unanonymousreview
Heather L, Property Management Company at WoodSpring Suites Denver Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Value Place prides itself on being clean and safe. We take these comments seriously and are constantly working to improve our guests' experience.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Do not stay here.My father visited and I get calls all night about how there's noise and security and staff did not do there job.So noise went extra innings till 3 so cops were called three times and still the same noise.The lady also called my father by the room phone yelling at him.Stay away!!!!

Room Tip: Bottom floor is loud noise
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Will G
Reviewed January 4, 2012

They charge $100 security fee and require 1 day advance written notice plus, plus, plus to get it back. As difficult as they make it, it seems like they have no intention of refunding it. Seedy characters on site. About as far from family friendly as you can get. I could not wait to leave. Also the model room they show you is nothing like the actual room!. AWFUL experience. Rude staff. No pots or pans in the kitchens either.

Room Tip: Ask to see the actual room you will be staying in...the model is nothing like the room I got.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family