“Classic must see if in Aspen”

Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Never are we disappointed visiting the Jerome. It is where elegance meets the West. If you have the cash maybe stay there. Otherwise the J Bar is the hot hangout with great food and drinks. They have another area where you can sit on comfortable chairs and couches and just relax or eat from menus of any of their three dining experiences. We go there for early dinner every year we come to Aspen.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tony D, General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear dps_Sedona,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review on Tripadvisor. Thank you!

From the sounds, it seems you have never stayed with us only visited to hang out in the J-Bar. Thank you for your loyalty and continued patronage! We would love to have you stay with us in the near future.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to my office so we can add you to our email blast. We would love to keep you informed on all the promotions and specials throughout the year.

Thank you again and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back next year.

With my warmest regards,

Anthony DiLucia, General Manager, Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed here on business last month as part of a large group and had a superior experience! As a first-timer to Aspen I wasn't sure what to expect and now can't wait to return. THE GOOD: Public spaces are a feast for the eyes and decorated to the nines - you feel like you walked into an interiors magazine. The rooms are luxurious and so comfortable you will have a hard time leaving - the old world charm is somehow retained despite all of the amenities and upgrades. The food is outstanding and every meal a delight. The staff is energetic and eager to please with no detail being excluded and every request treated with utmost care and concern. The location is excellent for restaurants and shopping too! THE BAD: There was not much drawer space in our room. Be advised this is not a ski-in-ski-out hotel. Overall, I would stay here again and would recommend it to others in a heartbeat. The Jerome has my admiration for having such a beautiful spot and my sincerest thanks for the treatment and overall experience provided by its staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Momtravel33,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review on Tripadvisor! I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

It was such a treat to share your review with the Hotel Jerome team, and we certainly appreciate your feedback regarding the drawer space in the rooms, something we are already working on.

The Hotel Jerome team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times before - and every time it has been great. Now - it is even better. The new lobby bar is nicely decorated - really great atmosphere. The J-Bar - is......well -"THE J-Bar" - something every skier should experience.

The staff were so nice.

Room Tip: Room 202 is so cool. High ceilings. Great views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Geoffrey R,

Thank you for the fantastic review on Tripadvisor.

I was thrilled to read you like the renovations, our new Living Room bar and feel the hotel is even better than before. I couldn't agree more!

Looking forward to seeing you in the J-Bar again soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Jerome. The historical hotel was upgraded in the all the right places without losing its special character. The rooms were decorated in true Colorado style. So luxurious and cozy with super attentive staff!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Lora R,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor. It gave me great pleasure to share your review with the Hotel Jerome team.

I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed our new renovations as much as we do and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Despite arriving amidst the biggest snow storm in 20 years, the welcome was warm and genuine. The Valet team are real stars and make the hotels central location feel like you are on the slopes, never a problem to get a car to run you here or there.
Nice lounge bar and well appointed, as are the rooms. I loved the spa products in the bathroom.
We had a nice dinner in the restaurant but Breakfast came across as expensive for what it was, that would be my only, and very minor criticism.
Cant wait to revisit a wonderful place with an interesting history.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tony D, General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Jezblanc,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay on Tripadvisor. You picked the best time to join us with the biggest snow storm in 20 years-thank you for bringing the snow.

I was so thrilled to read your review and share it with the staff, and I appreciate your feedback regarding breakfast.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2014

As the Director of Events for a finance firm based in New York, NY, Austin, TX and Chicago, IL, this was the best client ski outing I've ever produced. We had 60 rooms, nearly 100 guests and three full days of skiing and activities. The Hotel Jerome's unparalleled customer service made this event PERFECT. My customers are already asking if we are returning next year. Some of them are already booking their personal family ski vacations for February and March. I plan on coming back every year.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Yael G

Dear Yael G,

It was such a pleasure having you and your group stay with us, and thank you for the lovely review. It gave me great joy to share it with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I first have to say we had a great rate in the off-season, but this was the best Hotel I have stayed at from a service perspective. From the moment we pulled up to the Valet till they packed our car and we drove away (reluctantly), it was the best service I have ever experienced at a hotel. The hotel was also very nice and our room was exceptional with a great view. I could go on and on, and I am not a mountain person, if this Hotel was on a beach somewhere, I would never stay anywhere else. And if ever back to Aspen....this will be the first place I check for rates. Excellent Hotel!!! also go to the J Bar for fish and chips!

Room Tip: We had room overlooking pool and mountain. Very nice
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CardsFan21

Dear RazorB,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor of your stay.

It gave me great pleasure to share your review with our team and I was thrilled to read you had such a pleasant experience with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Jerome and the J-Bar for more fish and chips!