Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewshistorical hotellibrary barold westliving roomin townstayed in a junior suitemini barresort feebell staffhotel staffmain streetbeautiful roomluxury hotelaspen mountainturn down servicethe entire staffvisiting aspen
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed September 18, 2013

Spent two nights at the Hotel Jerome on a trip for our anniversary just after Labor Day-what a great hotel! We were upgraded to a suite at no additional charge, and when we returned to our room, after some time exploring the town of Aspen, were pleased and surprised to find a bottle of champagne waiting for us. The hotel has been recently updated, and this place belongs up there with the best hotels. High end linens and furnishings, efficient staff. Not cheap, but worth it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank MNCouple64
    Tony D, General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear MNCouple64,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on Tripadvisor, and thank you for spending your Anniversary with us! Congratulations.

I was thrilled to read we recognized your special occasion appropriately and that you enjoyed your visit with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future...maybe even your next Anniversary!

With my warmest regards,

Anthony DiLucia
    General Manager, Hotel Jerome An Auberge Resort

Reviewed September 5, 2013

From complimentary curb service pick-up at the airport to everything else you would expect out of a luxury property, the Jerome has it. The service on the property was impeccable, and the facilities majorly outstanding. We enjoyed drinks in the Living Room, complimentary coffee outside in the morning w hotel-wide complimentary WiFi, and a delicious, casual burger dinner at J-Bar, with "Mr. trivia" engaging all the guests in a fun way. Everyone was very helpful, even to the point of getting us an iPhone 5 charge. The recent makeover is spectacular, from all common areas to the guest rooms - incredible interior design work! For our father-daughter trip, the Jerome was perfect.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
    2  Thank CenterFielder
    Tony D, General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear CenterFielder,

Thank you for the wonderful review on Tripadvisor. I was thrilled to read your review and share with all our staff at Hotel Jerome.

It sounds like we met your expectations in every way and it was a great "father-daughter" trip.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Jerome for another father-daughter trip in the future.

With warm regards,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My first visit to the Jerome was in the winter of 1995 and I was pleasantly surprised by the historic building, the luxury accommodations and the location. Since 1995 I have visited the Jerome almost every year and in every season. Through the years I witnessed changes in ownership and management that fell short of this magnificent hotel's full potential. UPDATE! It's 2013 and OMG! The new owners have renovated the entire hotel and have spared no expense. The attention to detail has brought the grandeur of this luxury hotel to a whole new level. I was on my Honeymoon and my spouse was almost in tears at how beautiful the room and everything was. While the renovations to the property are truly magnificent the experience wouldn't be the same without the return of the GM, Tony. Tony's leadership style shines through everyone of his employees faces and smiles. The entire Jerome staff that we encountered during our stay appeared to be genuinely happy to be at work. During our short stay we also had the pleasure meeting Caroline, the VP of Marketing for Auberge Resorts, the company that manages the Jerome. We met her in the Living Room Lounge while she worked on her laptop sporting a smile from ear to ear looking happy and proud to be apart of it all. I was not familiar with the Auberge product before meeting Caroline but I am confident Auberge Resorts will in my future travel plans. Thank you everyone at the Jerome for a wonderful and memorable visit, hope to see you all again real soon.

1  Thank InTheBizToo

Dear InTheBizToo,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent visit.

I am flattered and very happy to be back at Hotel Jerome.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Jerome in the future!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Hotel Jerome in early August. A wedding party was also staying there, so they gave us a complimentary upgrade so that we would not be in the middle of the other group. The junior suite king was very spacious, the bed very comfortable, and the decoration was an interesting mixture of European sleek and western decoration. It's well done, and whether you like it or not is simply a matter of taste. The website pictures are very faithful to the look of the rooms. We had rooms in the building farthest from the street, which were very quiet, although I understand the rooms on the street are noisier. The staff was consistently helpful and friendly, which was fairly impressive given the behavior of some rather rude and entitled patrons we saw.

We had notified the hotel a few days ahead of our stay that my husband has an unusual food allergy. The reservations manager, Max Bardell, ensured that I was put in touch with the chef, Rob Zack, and they couldn't have been nicer about ensuring that his dinner had no allergy triggers. The restaurant staff had also been briefed and were prepared for us when we arrived to eat. I recommend eating at the restaurant even if you stay elsewhere, it's excellent.

My only complaint is the framed mirrors that hang over the large flat mirrors attached to the wall above the wash basins. They are incredibly annoying to use because unless you are just the right height, they chop up the reflection in odd ways. They look nice decoratively, but they fail functionally. I bet they will end up being removed. The hotel should have spent the money on light up magnifying mirrors instead-much more useful.

We will certainly stay there on our next visit to Aspen.

1  Thank TexasFrequentFlyer

Dear Texas Frequent Flyer,

Thank you for writing a wonderful review on Tripadvisor. It was such a pleasure to share your review with our entire staff, especially Chef Rob and Max.

It sounds like we met your expectations in all areas and certainly appreciate your comments and feedback.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Jerome in the future.

Warmest regards,

Anthony DiLucia, General Manager, Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We scoured Tripadvisor before making our decision on The Hotel Jerome for a weekend trip. We took advantage of the 30% off deal which made each night roughly $321.00. After comparing hotels in the area we decided on The Hotel Jerome for price, location, and really cool decor... We weren't disappointed!

The Hotel: picture a manly, upscale, swanky lounge with bubbly drinks and an informative bar tender. As you enter you can feel the historic vibe with dark wall paper, high back chairs, and mirrored side tables. Check in was a breeze and they even offered to upgrade our room for a minimal fee.

The J Bar: we chose only the J Bar to eat at during our 2 night stay.. It was that good. At the Prospect restaurant there were many high end dishes that looked amazing but we were happy with the atmosphere and choices in the J Bar. As an avid Tripadvisor reader I will give you a few suggestions on the J Bar menu.... my husband on the first day ordered the venison chili (which came with an amazing jalapeno corn bread side) and the fish and chips. His response to his food? "The best fish and chips I've ever eaten." I ordered the burger and couldn't stop oohing and aahing over how juicy and well prepared it was, I could eat it ever day! On our next day in Aspen we decided to try their chipotle lime chicken wings, boy were they delicious. They are baked first and then fried and you will not believe how many wings you receive. But, be prepared to spend $16 on 12 wings (hey, it's Aspen). When you visit J Bar, make sure to ask for Louise for your waitress, she is a local who is not only upbeat and friendly, but also informative about fun things to do around town. She waited on us both days and she made the restaurant feel comfortable and social. Our last advise about the J Bar... Eat the coconut cream pie... Homemade crust, real coconut, shaved white chocolate, toasted bananas and a rum raisin sauce... It really is as good as they say! Hey, why not order it for room service and eat it in your high scale bath tub...

The rooms: tons of textures, beautiful lighting, gorgeous bathroom, an iPad for making reservations, a stocked refrigerator, and an extremely comfortable bed! As you walk in you will encounter a large bathroom with a soaking tub surrounded by striped wallpaper and a double sink. Walk a little further in and you can hop into their shower, with a river rock floor and decadent shampoo and conditioner. You feel like you're in a Pottery Barn catalog. The standard King room included a safe, huge bed with crisp white linens, a desk with adorable chair, a small velvet green couch ,perfect for removing your shoes, and a hidden refrigerator for drinks. You can choose from complimentary organic drinks and chips, a brownie, candies, and a gluten free brownie... A really nice touch!

Overall, we absolutely loved the Hotel Jerome and would stay here again if we came back from upstate New York.

Have to do: we toured the Maroon Bells the first day we were in Aspen and hiked the Crater Lake trail. It took us about 45 minutes each way to get to the top. In our opinion the first stop when you enter Maroon Bells is the best picture you will get in all of Aspen. Picture twin mountains reflecting into a small lake, absolutely beautiful. The hike is not for beginners but is easy enough for most people. We saw many kids walking it!

We also took the gondola ride to the top of the mountain ($26 per person) and ate at the sun deck. We had the special of the day which was a hotdog with chili, sauerkraut, and cheese served with French fries and homemade BBQ sauce (have to try it). You can't pay for this view of the mountains, you absolutely have to do it! Drink champagne at the top and listen to blue grass music on Sunday.. A once in a lifetime view!

Cons worth mentioning: parking at the Hotel Jerome is $18 a day, or you can drive around the block for $15 a day. This was our first trip to Aspen and we knew that it would be expensive. Make sure you reserve a lot of extra money for dinners, activities, and especially the spa ( the cheapest service was $175)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 116 which faced the road, it was quite noisy in the early house, try to avoid!
    1  Thank JessicaWNy2013

Dear Jessica GNY2013,

Thank you for the very detailed and glowing review on Tripadvisor. It was such a pleasure to read all your comments and detailed account of your stay.

I very much enjoyed sharing the review with the staff, especially with Louise. You are absolutely right about her upbeat and friendly nature, a great asset to the J-Bar.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back from New York in the future.

With warm regards,