You wouid not want to stay here if you wanted posh, luxury accommodations. You would not stay here if you needed a trendy bar, sleek restaurant and bar. This is a comfortable, traditional, family-run ski lodge - totally unpretentious. I had a junior suite - it had a sofa, microwave, mini fridge, was spacious and had a small balcony. The furniture is a bit dated but everything is clean. Parking is free. Breakfast is provided - a buffet plus one hot dish which varied each day (granola/banana pancakes, eggs benedict) brought out fresh from the kitchen. I found the staff friendly - the ladies in the breakfast room were absolutely charming. The location was perfect - we attended the food and wine classic so we could walk everywhere - it's in the heart of Aspen. The cost is well below what you would pay elsewhere. In previous years I've stayed in sleek hotels at twice the price with smaller rooms. I'm so glad I stayed at the Moutain Chalet - I will certainly return. I even hesitated to write a review as I want to make sure I get a room next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly, casual ski lodge centrally located at the base of Aspen Mountain. Directly diagonal to shuttle service and two blocks from the Gondola. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Mountain Chalet Aspen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Chalet Aspen Hotel Aspen
- Mountain Chalet Hotel Aspen
- Aspen Mountain Chalet Hotel