This is a family owned establishment, purchased by the owner (who is now the grandfather of many!) in the 50s. You'll see many of the family members (including kids and grandkids) helping out at the hotel. The fireplace in the lobby is adorned with family photos. It's a nice feeling. While the lobby is a little outdated, it's the homey, comfortable feel of this hotel that makes it such a great spot. Not pretentious at all. My husband and I were there for a romantic week and had the time of our lives. The location is in a PERFECT spot in town, one block from the two pedestrian "malls" (Which are really just shopping streets lined with trees and no cars). We walked everywhere and enjoyed so many restaurants recommended by the owner's granddaughter. Our room was perfect - clearly it had been updated recently. Flat screen tv, nice gas fireplace, great balcony overlooking the town green space, a safe, a murphy bed, and a small kitchenette with fridge, keurig coffee pot, sink, etc. There was also a new clock/Ipod docking station on the bedside table. Nice touch for a small family hotel. Don't hesitate to stay here. It was worth every penny and more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly, casual ski lodge centrally located at the base of Aspen Mountain. Directly diagonal to shuttle service and two blocks from the Gondola. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Mountain Chalet Aspen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Chalet Aspen Hotel Aspen
- Mountain Chalet Hotel Aspen
- Aspen Mountain Chalet Hotel