“Great dog-friendly, affordable hotel in the heart of Aspen”
Review of Molly Gibson Lodge

Molly Gibson Lodge
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Molly Gibson is a gem in aspen. I've stayed there many times over the last 5 years and have always had a good experience. It's clean, roomy, affordable, and 2 blocks from the heart of Aspen's pedestrian streets. The breakfast is hearty & best of all, it's a dog-friendly.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank cimartin
Aspen_Hotels, Front Office Manager at Molly Gibson Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear cimartin,
Thank you for kind review and for your continued patronage with the Molly Gibson Lodge. I am so happy to hear that you’ve been coming here for 5 years and that you continue to enjoy the property and its amenities. We look forward to having you as our guest for many more years to come!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We enjoyed our stay this past weekend- had a room upstairs at the back of the lodge- quite large room and it was quiet. Enjoyed the jacuzzi and proximity to town's restaurants. Things were raucous at the pool area around happy hour but we couldn't hear it in our room. Decent buffet breakfast including fresh fruitcup.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sally C,
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Molly Gibson! I’m very glad that you enjoyed your room and had a chance to take advantage of the Jacuzzis and the complimentary deluxe breakfast. I hope that you will join us again in the future!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We arrived at the Molly Gibson and was greeted by very helpful and friendly staff, letting us know all the good spots to go. Our room was very nice, tidy and lovely Jacuzzi to relax in after a hard day up the mountain. View of Aspen Mountain. Also several spas and swimming pool outside. Kitchen with Microwave, coffee, tea, safe. Very comfy bed. Buses left from right over the road to all the mountains and are free. Walking distance to town and around town. Breakfast was lovely, catering for everything you needed. Aspri Ski was great at the end of the day to relax and have a nibble and drink and get to know other people staying. The lady that kept every going was so nice and funny, great asset to the team there. Highly recommend. Our room was on the further building from the reception, same building as breakfast bar, recommend 2nd floor.

Room Tip: Would request 2nd floor room, not ground or lower level room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear kiwiboarder,
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review about your stay here this past winter. Our entire staff works very hard to make sure each guest has a pleasant experience in Aspen, and I’m so glad that our efforts paid off for you! It sounds like you were able to take advantage of a lot of the amenities we offer, such as the Jacuzzis and Après ski, and that they were to your satisfaction. I hope that if you return to Aspen you will choose to be our guest again!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Really enjoyed my 5 night stay at the Molly Gibson for several reasons:
- great location
- wonderful customer service
- free bikes (cruisers) available for guests
- nice pool
- fridge in each room

While the rooms are small --- they are clean. For Aspen, this is a good value and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear luisa1071,
Thank you so much for your kind review and for recognizing the staffs’ efforts to make sure we offer a very high level of customer service. I’m so happy that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the amenities we offer, especially the free bikes! If you return to Aspen in the future I hope you will choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is a friendly and cute but many of the rooms are noisy - not with street noise but because they are on walkways or near hot tubs. My room was quite noisy because it was next to the walkway and the hot tub/seating area. And then someone started “weed-whacking” at 7AM in the morning outside my window. Management was willing to move me to a quieter room but all of the rooms get some noise from the hot tubs, pool, or street. They have a strict cancellation policy so I could not change hotels. I know that hotels in Aspen are expensive but $300/night is a bit steep for what you get.

Room Tip: avoid near lobby or directly next to hot tub
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank K12345

Dear K12345,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so sorry to hear that you had issues with the noise levels on property. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do about noise created by other guests during daylight hours in the public areas, but I am so sorry about the weed-whacking that you experienced at 7:30 am. I sincerely hope this was not a member of our staff, but someone from one of the neighboring homes, as we are quite strict with our employees creating any level of noise prior to 11 am. I am also sorry that you felt the nightly rate was not appropriate for the hotel, but Aspen is an extremely expensive town and we always offer rates that are well below many of the other lodges in town, while trying to keep our level of value high with all of the added amenities you receive. I’d love to have the opportunity to change your mind about the Molly Gibson, so if you do return to Aspen in the future please feel free to contact me directly to set up a reservation.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had a great stay in this hotel,beautiful room with fireplace,comfortable bed,nice breakfast and very nice heated pool....very friendly staff and the best part is its dog friendly so we can tag along our little baby pooch shammy...defntly gonna come back again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank det70

Dear det70,
I am so happy to hear that you and your pooch had a pleasant stay at the hotel. Thank for posting the great pictures as well, looks like Shammy had a very relaxing trip! I appreciate all the kind words about the property, and can’t wait to have you and Shammy as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Set along one of the main streets through town but the back building was very quiet. Rooms are nicely decorated and updated include a fridge & coffee maker. Linens, bed and pillows were very comfortable. Tub & toilet in very small area but huge whirlpool tub also,part of the room. Looked like a very nice hot tub outside but didn't get the time to try it. Very close to downtown so walked to dinner. Lots of choices at breakfast including hot dishes and make your own pancakes.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear MOBX,
Thank you for taking time to write a review about the Molly Gibson. I’m very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, although it’s too bad you didn’t get a chance to try the in-room Jacuzzi tub, they are quite relaxing! Hopefully you can come back in the future and give it a shot!