“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Molly Gibson Lodge

Molly Gibson Lodge
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Durham
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Recently visited the Molly Gibson Lodge and were delighted with the location, staff and accommodation. We stayed in the two bedroomed apartment as there was four of us, which was spacious with everything you could ask for, including a log fire and extra touches such as bath robes and quality toiletries. The apartment faces the courtyard, which is a lovely place to sit and relax (the only down side was neither of the hot tubs were working), but this did not not spoil our stay and we would return to the Molly Gibson any time. We found the price to be very reasonable for the quality of the lodge and were served a very good breakfast the following morning with one of the best fresh fruit salads I have had. Thank you for a lovely stay!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank RittyDurham
Jeff_Bay, General Manager at Molly Gibson Lodge, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear RittyDurham,

Thanks so much for the great review and we appreciate you staying with us. So glad you enjoyed the apartment (it's great for families!) and our services and added complimentary amenities. Hope to see you back again soon!

Jeff Bay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I recently had a long weekend to spend somewhere in the Rockies. Thanks to our government (shutdown), flood damage in Estes Park many areas and national parks were off the list. At the last minute, I decided to spend a few days in Aspen. After some shopping around, I decided to go to Aspen and the Molly Gibson. Aspen, seemed like a good combination of outdoors and amenities and Molly Gibson was a good combination of value, location and price.

Molly Gibson delivered one extra benefit - the people. I was greeted enthusiastically and provided great information about things to do, bike trips, hikes and food. Also I was given a heads up that Aspen Mountain was going to open the Gondola for free for the fall weekend (still peak colors and snow!). Every time I went through the lobby the people were pleasant and looking to help. But, they did themselves one better.

I forgot a little black pouch that included keys, data chips and a couple of other miscellaneous items. I got a call back late that afternoon from a gentleman (sorry I forgot his name), who let me know that they would send them back to me. I wanted to provide them a fedex number, so I asked if I could call them back in the morning. He notified me that he could and let me know the name of the woman working - Lindsey - and that she would take care of it. After I emailed Lindsey the information - she emailed me back and notified me that the bellman had delivered the package to fedex office directly. Great service, thanks Molly Gibson and staff.

P.S. I enjoyed my stay so much anyway that I would have gone back; however this added service just confirms what good people they have working at the Molly Gibson Lodge

Room Tip: Facing the courtyard is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jeff_Bay, General Manager at Molly Gibson Lodge, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear teton999,

Wow, thanks so much for the amazing review and accolades for our fantastic staff. I'll pass along your compliments and make sure they all are recognized for their great work. Please come back and see us again soon!

GOLDEN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We recently stayed at the Molly Gibson Lodge and found it a wonderful place, just a short walk to the downtown area. The pool was wonderful at night, we had it to ourselves and thoroughly enjoyed the heated water and the falling leaves. Parking was a non-issue, park and walk to most places. We did drive to take the hike to Maroon Bells and the ghost towns, but managed to have our same parking spot every night. Just a wonderful place to stay with a friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff_Bay, General Manager at Molly Gibson Lodge, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear BARBARA Z,

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review and we are glad that you had a great time in Aspen and at our hotel. I'll pass on your kind compliments to our staff and we look forward to your next trip to Aspen!

All the best,

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Nice hotel centrally placed in Aspen. No problems parking. Great looking pool and hot tub though we weren't able to enjoy it due to time constraints. Great staff on reception- both cheerful and very helpful( lovely house dog too!) Very good breakfast despite early start. Some road noise in room on the front but a lovely room with a real fire .Would recommend and good value for Aspen.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bomber Harris_11

Thank you so much for the nice comments and we are so pleased you had a great stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Aspen area.

Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Molly Gibson in late September. We stayed in a lodge room with two doubles. The room was clean, well maintained and comfortable. We like having a mini-fridge and coffee pot in the room, which factored in our decision to stay here. The bathrobes are a nice additional touch. Room was quiet at night.

The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. We arrived early but the room was ready and check-in was a breeze. We also made use of the excellent DVD library.

Breakfast was good and filling, eggs, potatoes, fresh fruit, whole grain bread. The eggs tasted like real eggs, not some packaged crap like you sometimes get in a hotel. They were not greasy. We don't eat ham or bacon but it is available, as are cereals, pancakes, assorted teas and coffee.

The parking that other have mentioned is only a minor issue. Once we had to park a block away. Big deal. The hangtag they give you allows you to exceed the two hour limit.

Location within easy walking distance to downtown Aspen was perfect.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dea OnTheRoadagain...

Thanks so much for the great review and we are so glad you were able to take advantage of the great weather, beauty and service and amenities offered at the Hotel Aspen and surrounding area. See you on your next trip!

Park City, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was our first time staying in Aspen and the Molly Gibson was a great place. The prices were reasonable and our room was spacious. The fireplace was a bonus. We loved sitting on the balcony in the afternoons watching the dogs in the park across the street. The parking isn't adequate but you can find places to park around the neighborhood. The breakfast good on most days but could have been heated a little better. There was a wide variety of breakfast items to choose from though. The employees were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The deluxe room we had was great. I'm glad we didn't get the ones by the breakfast room. W...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff_Bay, General Manager at Molly Gibson Lodge, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Linda W,

Thank you for your kind review and we're glad you had a nice time with us. We do offer a large amount of on site parking spots as well as tons of nearby parking that we provide free permits for as well. I'm not sure why you found this inadequate but I apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way. I'll pass on your comments about our included free hot breakfast to our chef. We do our best to offer a large variety of food, drink, parking, local and LD calls, wireless internet, airport transportation, DVD,s bicycles and more absolutely free, but we still want all of them perfect.

Oh, by the way, I see you suggested not staying in the back building. i did want to mention that these rooms actually have the best view of Aspen mountain and do not face the alleyway, only the bathrooms do.

Best regards,

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

For price and location, I give this property high marks. For parking, not so much. Could depend on what's going on in town during your stay. In our case it was a rugby tournament. Parking was a definite downer. The sites on the property were for compact cars only. Nearby street parking was 2-hour limited. If you don't mind schlepping your luggage from a distance, then neighborhood parking is available. Our stay was part of a 50th anniversary celebration/camping trip. We have a pickup truck with a gas fridge for the camping part of our trip. The only nearby parking was not level, causing the fridge to stop and our food to defrost. :-(.

Room Tip: Second floor, over the large hot tub was quiet and convenient.
Dear ColoJo38,

Thank you so much for the nice review and I am so pleased that you found your stay with us enjoyable. I do apologize if you found the parking situation challenging, and I'm unsure why you had so much difficulty. In addition to the compact spots in our alleyway we also have over a dozen standard sized spots directly in front of the hotel, as well as easily accessible street parking adjacent to the hotel on all 3 sides and we provide complimentary permits to use any of these. I hope that you will come back and allow us the opportunity to serve you again.

All the best,