“Short but Sweet”

Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Aspen
Omaha, Nebraska
“Short but Sweet”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Me, my partner, his daugher and her boyfriend spent one night (two rooms) at the Molly Gibson. The service was friendly and helpful (offered us free smoothies or coffee) with a simple facebook "like". Room was nice, clean and the hot tub was well maintained.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank delrayguy
HotelAspen, General Manager at Molly Gibson Lodge, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear delrayguy,

I really appreciate the time you took to write such a nice review and we;'re glad you had a great stay with us. I'll envy the warmth of your Florida this winter but wouldn't trade it for the world. Come back and visit soon!

Cheers,

Jeff Bay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Wheaton, Illinois
Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a great visit! We were given an upgrade while on our honeymoon, and enjoyed the in-room wood-burning fireplace, buffet breakfast, and free use of the Lodge bikes to explore downtown Aspen. Really friendly and accommodating staff. Thanks Molly Gibson Lodge staff! :)

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Mike M.,

I'm so glad you had a great stay with us, and thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review! We do offer a ton of great value added amenities and it seems that you enjoyed them all! We'll see you on your next visit1

Thanks,

deadwood, south dakota, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Right in the heart of Aspen is a gem of a hotel with a great staff. We were here on business with many appointments located on the pedestrian malls. Much to our surprise we found that the Hotel offered complimentary Bicycles with soft seats and big baskets.

It was the most interesting, fun and profitable sales trip I ever been on.

Wonderful beds, Great Hot Tubs, Awesome settings and a very good complimentary Hot Breakfast.

Room Tip: 230 Great view and easy access to your vehicle
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HotelAspen, General Manager at Molly Gibson Lodge, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Fred-Flintsoney,

Yabba Dabba Doo! Thanks for the great review! You rock :-)

Glad you had a great time with us, come back soon!

Cheers,

Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here during our wedding weekend and it was wonderful! The staff at the Molly Gibson took great care of our friends and families and we sincerely appreciated that! The Molly Gibson is a gem in the heart of Aspen. We had time to enjoy the comfy outdoor seating, the hot tub, and the bicycles. And we loved having a fireplace in our room for the chilly evenings. The Molly Gibson is conveniently located and it was the perfect accommodation for us and our guests. We look forward to staying at the Molly Gibson on our anniversary!

Room Tip: We loved the Molly King with a fireplace!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Robin W.

Congratulations on your wedding and I am so pleased that the Molly Gibson could be a part of it. We try to offer great service and comfortable surroundings and it looks like we succeeded! I can't wait to see you again next year!

All the best,

Littleton, Colorado, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at the Molly Gibson for 2 mights while in town for a baby shower & to visit extended family. My husband couldn't come with me, so it was just my dog & me. I felt very safe at the hotel. The hotel is very clean and attractive. It is located across the street from a city park which was great for taking my dog out for exercise. The staff was welcoming and gracious. One evening I returned to my room after being gone most of the day and my room was very hot. I couldn't figure out how to cool it down. I called to the front office & explained my problem. Despite being almost 9 pm they sent a maintenance employee right to my room & he explained how to work the remote control to adjust the air conditioning. Problem solved!. If I return to Aspen for a trip, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
HotelAspen, General Manager at Molly Gibson Lodge, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Debbie S,

I'm really glad that you and your pup enjoyed your stay with us for your friends baby shower and family visit. I'm sorry that your room was warm but it sounds like we just had to get the AC gooing :-) Come back and visit soon!

Fort collins, Colorado, USA
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband stayed here for two nights to see the fall colors. This was the best deal we could find, And we were pleased with the room and overall stay. The breakfast was delicious, the staff was really nice, and the room was clean. Our room was small, but considering it was the cheapest in Aspen I expected that. Overall great value and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear ColoradoBri,

Thank you so much for staying with us and we are so pleased you had a great time. Although we do offer smaller rooms at a great price we also have beautiful rooms with King Beds, Fireplaces, In Room Jacuzzis, Suites and Apartments. Hopefully you can visit us again in the future to try one of our other great rooms.

Take care,

Warrenville, IL
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We are budget travelers, so staying in Aspen proved a bit difficult. But, we got a somewhat decent rate at the Molly Gibson (Courtyard Room). Althought it was small, it had everything we needed and was clean and comfortable. The pool and hot-tub were very nice. The breakfast was a step above average. It was within walking distance (2-3 blocks) of the downtown Aspen area. We stayed a weekday night in September, so it was very quiet. There were bicycles for guest use. There was a computer in the lobby - also cofffee. It would have been nice to have the free Apres Ski in the late afternoon, but we understand this is only offered in ski-season. The young man at check-in was very helpful in directions and answering our questions about the area. If ever in Apsen again - we would certainly book a room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelAspen, General Manager at Molly Gibson Lodge, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear warrenville111

I appreciate your kind words and positive review. I'm so glad you found our hotel to be comfortable and clean, and a tremendous value. I hope that you can return in the wintertime to enjoy another stay with us and experience our fabulous Apre's Ski reception as well!

Thanks again,