The Little Nell
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Aspen Square Condominium Hotel(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$159
Aspen Meadows Resort(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$360
$237
Hotels.com
The Inn at Aspen(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$132
Hotels.com
Mountain Chalet Aspen(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$99
Hotels.com
St. Moritz Lodge & Condominiums(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$68
The Limelight Hotel(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$185
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Orbitz.com
Hotels.com
All reviewsski conciergeajax tavernstar diamondmini barcolorado residentmountain sidefree snacksaspen mountainroom servicegas fireplacein townluxury hotellittle thingsrooms are beautifulconcierge staffperfect hoteloutstanding service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The Little Nell is right downtown within walking distance to everything but if you don't want to walk, the hotel will drive you whereever you want to go. The staff at the Concierge desk is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The hotel itself is very warm and has the Aspen look and feel... relaxed and elegant at the same time. Our room was extremely large, we upgraded to get extra square footage, with a fireplace and view of the pool and partial view of the mountain. It was quiet in the hotel and we were very pleased with the linens, bath, service, etc. It was a little pricey, but we did not price a lot of other hotels in Aspen to compare. We would definately return to the Little Nell.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gaflowergirl
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Keep in mind, although I am critical, I absolutely HATE to complain. I almost always stay in 5 star hotels, so I have a pretty good idea re: what a 5 star hotel should be. We stayed at the Little Nell during a very slow period, so the hotel was pretty empty most of the time, with the exception of Labor Day Weekend. We will be sending a letter to the general manager of the hotel as well, but have little hopes in hearing back from him since the entire staff knew about everything and promised to tell him and he did nothing about our "mishaps/complaints" If we do happen to hear back from him, I will update this review accordingly....

I rely a lot on Trip Advisor and like to read both the positive and negative reviews before deciding on a hotel-which is why I felt a responsibility to write a review. I like to point out the pros and cons when reviewing anything, here it goes:

PROS: Great location, steps from the ski lift, Ajax restaurant was lively with a friendly staff, spacious bathrooms with 2 separate sinks, full lenght mirror, fireplace, very cozy rooms although spacious at the same time. Great complimentary transportation service, they picked us up and brought us anywhere and everywhere around town and were very polite and friendly-very professional. Concierge was very helpful and professional as well as almost the entire staff at the hotel.

CONS:
ROOMS:
Somewhat expensive (not surprising for Aspen though) for the time of year (Fall) , had a view of the hotel rooftop next door, not so pretty--We had to request 2 extra lamps because the rooms were so dark. Flatscreen TV was great, only problem: no movie rentals nor pay per view...they had old DVD's at the front desk that you could watch- not so great when your stay is over 7 days and it is cold and raining out at night-very outdated when they just renovated the hotel.
HOTEL STAFF:
Although the staff were very young and friendly for the most part, some appeared to be inexperienced, and almost unprofessional-not what one would expect at a 5 star hotel. Poor phone etiquette when calling for room service , the front desk lost a dinner reservation for us. One girl from roomservice kept talking the entire time she set up our breakfast-the last thing we want to hear when we do not speak in the am until our first cup of coffee....but hey, she was very friendly! Being a smaller, "boutique" hotel, the staff made a point to let us know that THEY knew about ALL of the "mishaps" we experienced while staying there-although they were apologetic, it grew to the point of total embarrassment for us....
HOUSEKEEPING:
We had to ask the housekeepers to clean our toilet after 4 days of having not been cleaned, we also had to ask them to change the flower from the bathroom on day 6 since the original one they placed in our bathroom was rotting with mold growing around the stem in the moldy water it was in. We also had to ask the housekeepers to clean the carpet stains after they remained there for 4 days. They had 2 housekeepers cleaning each room-maybe one was training the other? Whatever it was, they clearly had little experience and did not pay attention to details....I would not call the toilet a small detail - 5 star hotels usually replace or at least make sure the guests have robes in their room- we had to call 4 times on 4 separate nights to have the robes brought up.

SPA/BEAUTY SALON SERVICES:
They do not have a spa nor do they have a salon-they recommend a salon across town (walking distance, but a bit of a walk and definitely not helpful in bad weather-however, their transportation service will gladly drop you off and pick you up) All 5 Star Hotels usually have a spa and or a salon.....not the Little Nell. Of course, they will call a stylist to come to your room if need be-just like Paris Hilton does when she stays there. :)

The KICKER- the reason I would NEVER recommend this hotel to a freind (nor to a foe):
We were awakened by a painter at 7:30am outside our hotel window (3 stories up) talking so loudly, I thought he was outside my door. I opened the curtains to find him staring at me in my room....I am positive I scared him more than he scared me and thankfully I was clothed...The concierge sent us a cheese plate with huge apologies, but really? What ever happened to the manager/owner of the hotel's apology? It certainly was not the concierge's fault and they still got their gratuities at the end of our stay....The Ritz or the Four Season's would have been bending over backwards for us.
I know celebs stay at the Little Nell when they come to Aspen, I just hope they do not experience what we did when we stayed there....

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank TravelBuff411
Reviewed May 16, 2010

While Aspen is "dead" in May (many shops and restaurants closed) we found our recent stay at the Little Nell to be totally relaxing and pleasurable. would highly recommend. Rooms were luxurious, well equipped with beautiful linens and amenities. Baths were great, with warmed floors and deep tubs. Wonderful to just sit in front of fireplace in the room and read. Staff was eagar to please even jump started our rental car on the street when we were too cheap to pay the $25 overnight parking fee. No "attitude" that you often find at luxurious resorts that we can only afford at off season rates. Nice to have free Wi Fi in a high end hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank slaughterbeach
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We spoilt ourselves and booked in at the Little Nell for a week of skiing in March. Pricey but well worth it. The rooms are superb, we had a mountain facing room, staff were great, snow was great...... We loved it... Well done The Little Nell

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kjreid
Reviewed April 3, 2010

In a few short words. Fantastic, relaxing, world class service. Make this a place you stay next time you are in Aspen.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends