“Location great, Rooms comparable to all the other nice resorts”
Review of The Little Nell

The Little Nell
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Little Nell is lovely hotel because of location.Yet many hotels in aspen have good locations and are just as nice. I have been traveling to Aspen for many years and feel the selection of hotels is wonderful . I think Little Nell is overpriced for the caliber of room that they give you . If you investigate you will find many hotels with the same caliber rooms at a fair price point. The food at Little Nell is great.The spa is small and not much more than a couple massage rooms and small gym with no view located below the resort. If you are use to 5 star hotels as I am you will find these facts helpful.

Room Tip: All rooms same size .Views look out at gondola which blocks perfect view of mountain,so nice but n...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BLM1
Simon_Chen_GM, General Manager at The Little Nell, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear BLM1,

I am happy to hear you have returned to Aspen, year after year! Here at The Little Nell we aim to provide value in many ways to our guest though our food, our rooms, location and most importantly by our personalized service that our team provide to all of our guests. I am sorry to hear you did not feel that value was present throughout your stay. We do understand our spa is limited on space and we are more than happy to provide in-room treatment options as well as recommendations for other spas in Aspen. I hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our value when you return to Aspen next.

Best,

There are newer reviews for The Little Nell

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We've stayed at the Little Nell several times and we always return. We've tried the St Regis, the Jerome and nothing compares.

We've stayed in rooms facing the mountain and facing the courtyard and all are exquisite. Rooms are large. Rooms have fireplaces with large sitting areas, plenty of storage and nice, but narrow balconies. Beds are ultra comfy and only the finest linens are used.

Equally as large are the bathrooms. Most tend to be "galley" style, but still plenty of room. Soaker tubs are in each room which is great when you've spent a day on the slopes.

Service here is always top notch. From the valets up front to the front desk staff, concierge and housekeeping. Everyone here always has a smile on their face and is more than happy to speak to you.

A bonus for the Little Nell is that they're also pet friendly. We've always brought our dogs along and they have such a great time. To treats at the valet stand, to a special room service menu and their own bowls and dog tags, this place knows how to take care of pets.

Centrally located, you can walk anywhere from the Little Nell. If you're skiing, your literally right at the lift and the base of the ski run. You can't go wrong.

Love, love, love this place.

Room Tip: Street side rooms can be a bit noisy during busy times, so a room in the courtyard or facing Ajax mo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at The Little Nell and I was looking for a fun hotel for us over President's Day weekend. This was our first stay here and I definitely hope to return.

In terms of customer service, this is the best hotel I have ever stayed with. The Ski Concierge is super helpful. They will totally take care of your skis and transportation to and from resorts.

The regular concierge was able to secure the best restaurant reservations ever over Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend, which was truly impressive.

The breakfast buffet is the best I've seen from any ski hotel, period. The lemon pancakes and egg stations were home runs in my book.

Element 47 is a great restaurant and Cloud 9 is a very hopping bar scene.

The pool area is nice and secluded so you have some privacy from the bar scene (in contrast from Sky Hotel). Pool has nice views of the slopes. I do wish the hot tub had a view.

The location is simply unbeatable right at the gondola. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping to restaurant staff couldn't do enough to make our stay special.

The rooms themselves are very modern and spacious. I could not have been happier.

Honestly, if you could afford this place, this is where I would stay, and the only downside I see to this hotel is that it just may not simply fit in some people's budget. If you can't afford it, its sister hotel, the Limelight, would be a great option.

Room Tip: We had a mountain view and it was great. Though if you wanted to save money, the town view would be...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank avidgolfer2010
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was our first stay at the Little Nell, and most certainly wont be the last. We loved it! The level of friendliness and the level service was exceptional. I wanted to pack up the the guys at the Ski Concierge and take them home to run my household! They were so helpful with organising skis, putting on and taking off boots (an amazing feeling after a long day!), offering to fix equipment, and offering meal suggestions and making restaurant bookings. I would return just to have those guys look after us. Make sure you take up the Ajax Insider offer if you are staying on a Monday, as it was a great way to explore the mountain, and is only offered to guests of the hotel. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping to restaurant staff couldn't do enough to make our stay special. Our flight out of Aspen was cancelled and they managed to recheck us even in a busy period, offer us a distressed rate and look after us so we could make our international flight out of LA.

Room Tip: The town view rooms look over the mountains on the other side of the valley, so they are all really...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amanda K
TLNAspen, General Manager at The Little Nell, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Amanda K,
I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Little Nell. Indeed, our ski concierge team is fantastic and somehow manages to create calm in what could easily become chaos. And I’m especially glad to hear you took advantage of our new Ajax Insider offering. It’s a great (complimentary) way to get to know Aspen Mountain.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on future stays.
Warm regards from a fellow Aussie,

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This hotel is such a special place. It feels small and intimate, and yet it is perfectly located on the base of Aspen Mountain. The staff goes above and beyond to make your stay easy and fun. They think of things before you could even think to ask to make your stay unforgettable.
The ski concierge took all of the hassle out of the process- putting on our skis, carrying out our skis to the gondola, meeting us on the snow to get our skis at the end of each day and even putting our extra layers back in our rooms so that we could go straight to apres ski. Delicious food, lovely rooms and great atmosphere for apres ski. Top notch customer service like you have never experienced before.
I cannot recommend it enough.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shari G

Dear Shari G,
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. I’m thrilled to hear the staff went above and beyond to make your stay memorable and more comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you to Aspen again soon.
All the best,

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is one of the nicest hotels anywhere. Beautiful rooms, good views from all over the property. I am not a skier but we had a great time in Aspen. Example of service? I had a business document that needed mailed during my stay. I simply went to the front desk to ask where the post office was. Next thing I know, I am in a jeep with a staff member and he is giving me a ride to the post office. Little things make a huge impression. This place is great!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lrg37
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed at The Little Nell during an arts festival weekend and I was really looking forward to it. The hotel feels pretty contemporary and the rooms have a cool, elegant vibe that unfortunately wasn't shared by the staff. At breakfast the first day the wait staff was far more interested in chatting with each other than taking our order. Once they did, the waiter came back moments later to ask me to "say again" what I ordered. After 15 minutes I asked him about it (it was scrambled eggs with cheese + wheat toast) and he said it was ready but he hadn't had a chance to pick it up. He then brought the eggs, no cheese, with white toast (?). I ate at one of the town's other luxury hotels the next morning and loved it. The guy was also odd. Despite being the only person in it for two consecutive mornings, and stopping at the attendant's desk to grab a piece of fruit and some water, he never once spoke to me. No "good morning" or "good bye" or "get lost" - nothing. On my last day, the front desk staff called my room at 11:30 and asked when I was checking out. I reminded her that I was guaranteed a late check out of 4 p.m. Her reply was, "I know, but we are going to be full tonight so wondered when you were going to leave." Needless to say, I left. And won't be back.

Room Tip: Despite the bad service, the room itself was relaxing and large with a terrific bed and bathroom. Sp...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AYellowWood

Dear AYellowWood,
I’m sorry to hear you did not experience five star service at The Little Nell. Our staff prides itself on offering personalized, genuine attention, and unfortunately, it sounds like we failed to achieve that goal during your stay.
I of course will raise your comments with my staff, and if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 970-920-4600.
Best,