“Can't wait to return”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney, Australia
“Can't wait to return”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was our first stay at the Little Nell, and most certainly wont be the last. We loved it! The level of friendliness and the level service was exceptional. I wanted to pack up the the guys at the Ski Concierge and take them home to run my household! They were so helpful with organising skis, putting on and taking off boots (an amazing feeling after a long day!), offering to fix equipment, and offering meal suggestions and making restaurant bookings. I would return just to have those guys look after us. Make sure you take up the Ajax Insider offer if you are staying on a Monday, as it was a great way to explore the mountain, and is only offered to guests of the hotel. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping to restaurant staff couldn't do enough to make our stay special. Our flight out of Aspen was cancelled and they managed to recheck us even in a busy period, offer us a distressed rate and look after us so we could make our international flight out of LA.

Room Tip: The town view rooms look over the mountains on the other side of the valley, so they are all really...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amanda K
TLNAspen, General Manager at The Little Nell, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Amanda K,
I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Little Nell. Indeed, our ski concierge team is fantastic and somehow manages to create calm in what could easily become chaos. And I’m especially glad to hear you took advantage of our new Ajax Insider offering. It’s a great (complimentary) way to get to know Aspen Mountain.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on future stays.
Warm regards from a fellow Aussie,
General Manager Simon Chen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This hotel is such a special place. It feels small and intimate, and yet it is perfectly located on the base of Aspen Mountain. The staff goes above and beyond to make your stay easy and fun. They think of things before you could even think to ask to make your stay unforgettable.
The ski concierge took all of the hassle out of the process- putting on our skis, carrying out our skis to the gondola, meeting us on the snow to get our skis at the end of each day and even putting our extra layers back in our rooms so that we could go straight to apres ski. Delicious food, lovely rooms and great atmosphere for apres ski. Top notch customer service like you have never experienced before.
I cannot recommend it enough.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shari G
Dear Shari G,
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. I’m thrilled to hear the staff went above and beyond to make your stay memorable and more comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you to Aspen again soon.
All the best,
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is one of the nicest hotels anywhere. Beautiful rooms, good views from all over the property. I am not a skier but we had a great time in Aspen. Example of service? I had a business document that needed mailed during my stay. I simply went to the front desk to ask where the post office was. Next thing I know, I am in a jeep with a staff member and he is giving me a ride to the post office. Little things make a huge impression. This place is great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lrg37
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed at The Little Nell during an arts festival weekend and I was really looking forward to it. The hotel feels pretty contemporary and the rooms have a cool, elegant vibe that unfortunately wasn't shared by the staff. At breakfast the first day the wait staff was far more interested in chatting with each other than taking our order. Once they did, the waiter came back moments later to ask me to "say again" what I ordered. After 15 minutes I asked him about it (it was scrambled eggs with cheese + wheat toast) and he said it was ready but he hadn't had a chance to pick it up. He then brought the eggs, no cheese, with white toast (?). I ate at one of the town's other luxury hotels the next morning and loved it. The guy was also odd. Despite being the only person in it for two consecutive mornings, and stopping at the attendant's desk to grab a piece of fruit and some water, he never once spoke to me. No "good morning" or "good bye" or "get lost" - nothing. On my last day, the front desk staff called my room at 11:30 and asked when I was checking out. I reminded her that I was guaranteed a late check out of 4 p.m. Her reply was, "I know, but we are going to be full tonight so wondered when you were going to leave." Needless to say, I left. And won't be back.

Room Tip: Despite the bad service, the room itself was relaxing and large with a terrific bed and bathroom. Sp...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AYellowWood
Dear AYellowWood,
I’m sorry to hear you did not experience five star service at The Little Nell. Our staff prides itself on offering personalized, genuine attention, and unfortunately, it sounds like we failed to achieve that goal during your stay.
I of course will raise your comments with my staff, and if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 970-920-4600.
Best,
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Our 2nd consecutive trip and the same mixed emotions. Outstanding location, exceptional ski concierge and really friendly, helpful, charming, interesting and thoughtful front doormen. No request was too insignificant for either group and they actually made our stay more fun. I'm still nervous I didn't tip them enough...The transport service is phenomenal - so important at a multi-mountain resort.

But (sadly) like "fantastic location, overpriced" (Jan 21st, 2014) we were also overcharged. And not only was this not resolved when we raised it the first time, and I, like a modern day Columbo, provided evidence to support our claim, I get not an apology, but a claim of "communication issues".

Very similar thoughts on the front desk concierge too. For the second successive year a plethora of pre-arrival and post-arrival mix ups. They mix up the requests between guests, book you at restaurants you haven't requested, ski lessons you haven't requested and claim to have left you messages which they haven't. I'm sure they've left the messages - but no doubt at the wrong room.

Sometimes guys it needs an apology, not an e-mail implying that the guest is inventing stories.

We love Aspen and will return. Not here though.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Grumpyandjaded
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The classic heavy style was substituted by a more contemporary look. Still the services are the same 5 star as for years. Ski-in ski-out Ajax while downtown Aspen is a luxurious and convenient option. Le Montagna restaurant was replaced by Element 47 that carries a very cosmopolitan menu, the 180o window bar overlooking the mountain is a great after-ski option.

Room Tip: Aspen is a pretty quiet place and hardly one can hear someone or a car on the streets at night, so a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Our family had a five day stay at the hotel. It was our first time in Aspen. The rooms were spacious and well furnished and it is in a great position.
The service at the hotel was consistently outstanding and I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2014