“Amazing Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Erie, Colorado
“Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed in a suite at The Nell just over a year ago, but just recently learned of Trip Advisor and wanted to comment on a few of our most memorable,and favorite.

Our experience was truly amazing. I proposed to Erika while hiking at The Maroon Bells and staying at The Nell. I spoke with the Hotel about my plans to pop the question well before arriving. I was not sure if I would pop the question while hiking or at the restaurant at The Nell, but the hotel staff was prepared for everything.

When we arrived the greeting from the staff was wonderful. Our suite was amazing and there were fresh flowers with a hand written welcome letter from management along with our itinerary for the weekend. The room was clean and beautifully furnished. When returning from our hike we were met with many congratulations from the staff as well as a bottle of champaign and another hand written note from the hotel manager with congratulations.

We truly enjoyed our stay and the staff went out of there way to help me with our memorable weekend. We will return to The Nell many times in the years to come. It is truly a romantic place worth a five star rating!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael_Erika_B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The service is the top ......
The rooms are so comfortable......people so polite....i am very lucky to have the chance to stay at the little nell....very charming in the middle of everything;)
Concierge is very helpful........it is worth every penny....

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Nonowa
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

A gem of a luxury hotel where you can dress causal. My wife and I spent three nights in early June at the Nell. Recommended by a friend in Aspen who said "the service is legendary." The ultimate location; a few steps from the Gondola (ride up the mountain), restaurants and shops are within short walking distance. The pool and hot tub area are spectacular.

We were greeted warmly and received excellent service during our stay. The door staff gladly obtained directions, answered questions about local events, and housekeeping was excellent. My wife had two spa treatments and said they were some of the best she ever had.

Our room was large comfortable, with a fireplace, ample seating areas, cds, flatscreen TV, plenty of storage, great lighting, and a wonderful bed and bedding. The room had great little touches like a book of bedtime stories that thrilled my wife. The bathroom was luxurious, with two vanity areas, and a soaking tub and separate shower.

The Little Nell is an extraordinary place that I recommend highly!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank brent j
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at The Little Nell for a wedding and we were blown away. From the minute we walked in, we were treated like royalty.
We have been fortunate enough to have stayed at some of the best hotels in the world, and the Little Nell may very well be our new favorite.
Beautifull rooms, un-beatable location (ESP for attendings weddings on the Mtn), AMAZING staff. The guys at the valet were fantastic. We had a few out of the ordinary requests during our time there, and the door staff/valet made it all happen and with a smile. Although most everything is within walking distance, the complimentary car service around town was a huge added bonus.
I highly recommend this hotel next time you are in Aspen!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank OceanTrvelr
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I will preface this review by stating that I was able to stay at this hotel using Airline points, I cannot imagine paying the high average rate they command based on the service received.

I Have always heard such great things about the Little Nell, so when I had the opportunity to stay I was really looking forward to it. The property itself is beautiful, comfortable lobby, well appointed clean guest rooms set in a gorgeous location. Unfortunately a few members of their staff caused me to rate this hotel average. It's unfortunate that although they hold a prestigious Forbes Five Star rating their service does not support it.
I found the Bell, Concierge & F&B service to be quite rude. You don't stay in a hotel of this stature and expect to be ignored when entering or exiting the front doors when there are no less than 6 associates standing there. You would expect at least a welcome greeting, a good morning or good evening and a wish to have a pleasant day or a nice evening. It appears that some solid guest service refresher training is in need, although people in the hospitality industry should not need training to simply be polite!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank chakabea
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

For 7 years in a row I went to Aspen and I loved staying at the base of the Gondola. Aspen is by far the perfect skiing location, there are 3 mountains to ski so anyone from beginner to experienced can have a wonderful time here. There is free bus service so you can ride the bus to the mountain of your choice, Ajax is out the front door, buttermilk and snowmass are close and the night life an restaurants can not be beat. I love this town. It is great for families, couples, singles. Fun for all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sunnygirl_Sharyn
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

it would be hard to describe but this place would be rated very high in my list. Expensive yes but Excellent aswel. Its a small town but provides you every luxury that you would need to be comfortably lazy.
if your a fan of skiing this is the right place to be along with your partner.Overall a very good spot if you want to plan a one time memorable occasion in your life.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family