“love love love!!!”

The Little Nell
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 21, 2008

just did my daughters wedding there... unbelievable all around. service top notch, food... wonderful. as must as a dining plan or a accomodation.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed December 16, 2007

We booked this hotel after we visited the Jerome previously and we were a bit unsure as Jerome has always satisfied our needs. We have heard in the past that The Nell can be a bit snooty but this was not the case. We were always left astonished whenever we requested things that were not available, because the staff always bent over backwards to sort things out. Firstly we wanted certain food after the kitchen had finished for the evening. The chef was happy to go against the menu times and cook what we wanted regardless. Then my wife had the urge for potato chips, having searched everywhere the Chef decided to make some instead and send them up to our room free of charge. The Concierge team were always helpful and concerned about my wife who had flu and even sent medicine up on a regular basis. One evening I wanted to watch the boxing on TV, however nowhere had it on in town, therefore the Concierge Troy took it upon himself to hire the match at home, tape it and bring it in for me to watch in my room. (That’ s service). The bar staff, the concierge team and bell hops were all brilliant and made us feel really welcome. All we can say is thank you for such a wonderful experience. One final thing try the burgers there they are the best

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank eprintmp
Reviewed October 14, 2007

My husband and I stayed a the Little Nell for our anniversary in October. It was the off season, so the prices were very reasonable. There is not a lot to do in Aspen during the off season, so we spent a lot of our evenings in the hotel.
The staff was incredibly helpful and the customer service exceeded our expectations on every level.
The rooms are comfortable, very spacious, and have lot of comfort features like a gas fireplace and 42" plasma directly in front of the bed.
I recommend the town view as you can still see the mountains on the other side of the valley, but you get to experience all the charm of the town of Aspen as well.
They think of everything and treat their guests very well.
We did not use the spa and the pool was closed, so we did not use that either. The front desk and concierge were very accommodating, and room service was very good.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Edie27
Reviewed October 11, 2007

My husband and I celebrated our anniversay in a couple of places, this was one of them. We were disappointed in Aspen, we're not skiers, it's off season and we're not crazy shoppers...so why Aspen? We thought we could relax and enjoy a great view from our hotel room etc., Unfortunately, the view from our room was construction, we were so tired we thought we'd order room service, well the restaurant in the hotel was closed due to a wedding. Our room was very nice and clean, not worth the price though, however their customer service was excellent , Emma and James helped us out and tried to make our stay a pleasant one, we also received bubbly from John the manager for our celebration. Thanks John. So better luck to you all...

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MaMCc
Reviewed October 9, 2007

Stayed in Room 38 with a mountain and pool view. Very large,well furnished and comfortable. Very close to everything meaningful in Aspen. Ate breakfast the first morning then ate all other meals at one of the many very good, nearby restaurants. Walked every where except took the car to go to Maroon Bells, a great place to visit. Enjoyed our stay very much and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2007

Beautiful and large room-all that I can say was good about the hotel. Paid extra for a "premium mountainview room" and had a view of the cable car building and a huge construction crane-which is basically the view from the hotel.
Checked in and had requested a king size bed-was told that there were none available and that a "queen size bed is only 6 inches narrower"- don't need that from a 30 something desk clerk. Last day-cable out because of a construction problem- no notification or anything. When I complained, I was offered a
complementary DVD. Subpar breakfast.
Certainly glad I paid the lower summer rates. Won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
12  Thank bull59
Reviewed July 5, 2007

My husband and I were married at The Little Nell on June 28th at their wedding deck on top of Mt. Aspen. WOW and more WOW is all I can
say about the beauty, service, attention to detail, quality of the room, quality of the food, beauty of the property...I could go on and
on. We did not experience any of the poor service some mentioned. We did have overwhelmingly good room (premier town view is like a mini suite), room decor, original artwork, best bubble bath and fine porcelain soaking tub with separate shower, the best beef we ever ate, even the cheeseburger (they raise their own cattle on grass and no chemicals just for the restaurants!), the best kindest concierge and drivers, the best catering staff ever, and the most beautiful wedding and reception in the Wine Room that I could have ever imagined. If you are kind to the staff, the overwhelming majority are more wonderful than you could wish. People in Aspen told us they don't like pushy rude visitors, nor would I. The rules in Aspen, they
said, are say hello, stop for pedestrians, treat people courteously. We did these things and found the nicest people and most professional
staff. We did have one minor problem, the Hotel fixed it for us but it took a while. They made it up to us, so we felt better about it afterwards. I was so terribly sad to leave.

I would give anything to be back there right now!!

Everything was immaculately clean. Every design choice was made in favor of quality vs. cost savings and it showed. The fixtures, the upholstery fabrics, the bathrooms (2 sinks, separate toilet, separate porcelain soaking tub with the best bubble bath in the world, great tile work, separate shower, lighted magnifying mirror, humidifier, hair dryer, extension cord, steamer, iron, great bath products, two toilet paper roll holders, three jumbo wall mirrors), the Bose radio with iPod connection available, the great robes (we even purchased 2 in the spa they were so nice), and twice a day room service with turn down service, I could go on...

The restaurant sported new upholstery and carpeting. The bar served free gourmet coffee in the morning along with tea and lemon. Even the
coasters were high quality, the little paper things for under a drink
slipped over the bottom of the glass and stayed in place if you moved
your drink. Room service came on a full table. The minibar was restocked twice a day and was complete with every kind of non-alcoholic and alcoholic selection you could think of, high quality items. Turn down service included different candies in an attractive container each night along with a bedtime story book and mats for the
house shoes by the bedsides.

We had no difficulty getting rides to our appointments and entertainment. They even took us to the grocery store. The moment we landed at Aspen Airport, we saw a young man holding a "Little Nell" sign. He gathered our luggage and transported us to the hotel in style with a beautiful SUV stocked with bottled water and gave us an oral introduction to the area.

The wedding details were perfect thanks to the tested referral list provided to me by the catering department for selection of our vendors. I am attaching photos because I cannot describe how beautiful it was.

We never had to wait long for meal service to our room; they were prompt, professional, and courteous. The food was the best I ever had and hands down best in Aspen.

The chef prepared wood-smoked prime rib and lobster for the reception; the food was impeccable. We dined in the Wine Room for the reception, a wood-paneled intimate but not too small room with an elegant but modern fireplace and contemporary artwork in lovely pinks, oranges, yellows, and reds, not what is shown on their website
as of June 28 07. The chairs are newly upholstered and new carpet, not what is on their website again, so be careful if you are planning
a destination event. The new ones look better than what they have online at this date. The carpet is a dark peach (light rust) with florals and the chair upholstery matches, it's beautiful. There are matching leather-covered benches in the Montagna also.

The waitstaff was quite friendly also; we had a lovely breakfast with their famous oatmeal topped with fresh strawberries and peaches,
it was fabulous. The coffee was perfect.

There is an outdoor pool and hot tub and a spa is on the lower level.
The spa has monogrammed hats, and we got our robes there. The concierge had them sent to our room for us.

The banquet and catering staff were the nicest people with whom I ever did business. They treated me like this was the only wedding they were ever going to do! It was so beautiful to receive such lovely service from Melina Glavis, the banquet chef, the banquet manager, and all the kitchen staff and catering staff. They were just over the top!!

I loved the way my eyes could land on any surface, floor to ceiling, and find pleasure and ease. The rooms have Belgian wool berber carpets that is so pleasing to the foot. The overall construction details were faultless and the design of the Montagna into the bar and lounging area was absolutely perfect for color, form, texture, lighting, and all elements of design.

Large leather sofas with perfectly plumped pillows invited us to sit by the fireplace and enjoy the oversized artwork lit by heavy attractive accent painting lights. The fixtures were perfect everywhere, lighting, wall switches, eveyrthing.

The flooring was well-chosen with varieties of texture and design. There was no penny-pinching and it shows.

We also stayed at the St. Regis one night, and it cost more. The service was great, but everything looked like they went for the lower cost selections on the building and decor. It hurt my eyes after being at The Little Nell.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business