“Staff was suberb!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Limelight Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Limelight Hotel
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
GreenLeadersGold level
Montgomery, Texas
“Staff was suberb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We recently returned from Aspen and I have to give thanks to the Assistant Manager, Elizabeth, for making us feel welcome when we finally arrived at the hotel. After a slight accident on the way into Aspen, she couldn't have been more helpful. The rest of our stay was great with friendly staff and proximity to downtown Aspen.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Flooding in Rocky Mt. National Park created last minute change in travel plans for us. Decided to come to Aspen. We like to stay in boutique inns or hotels and found favourable recommendations from Trip Advisor on this location. We booked a deluxe king room at a discount because we stayed for 2 nights. We were not disappointed. Firstly, the hotel is well located within an easy walk to everything in this upscale town. It is, of course, minutes from the ski hills and nearby mountains. The room was large and comfortable and quiet. As well there is a fireplace in the room, a Keurig coffee machine, a wet bar and fridge. If you are into drinks and a social scene there is a nice bar in the lounge with couches and a fireplace, all very hip. The staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast comes with the room and even though it is 'buffet style' there is a full complement of hot and cold selections, all of very good quality. Parking is available (at an exta cost) in the basement of the hotel and this was helpful since it rained on and off during our visit. I have no negative comments about this facility. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place or come back. We were not disappointed with the change in our travel plans.

NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Spent two nights at the Limelight, room was nice, spacious, service was great, breakfast (included) was terrific. Really, no complaints at all. Staff was very friendly, helped me with multiple requests. Room was clean, big, nicely decorated. Didn't get to use the pool, but it looked very nice.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is pet free.
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel has a really nice, modern feel. Good location, nice view. The breakfast in the morning was great and the rooms, though small, were clean and comfortable. Were it anywhere else, I would NOT value it at the rate we paid, especially in the summer.

I realize it's Aspen, and you're essentially paying for the privilege of being there, even in the summer. However, if I pay $250 for a hotel room, I expect guaranteed parking. Even if it's paid valet, I shouldn't have to hunt around a crowded city for a non-2-hour parking zone after a 4 hour drive from Colorado Springs. Just saying.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
TheLimelightHotel, General Manager at The Limelight Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear smokinokapi,

I'm sorry you had to spend time on your vacation hunting for a parking spot. Nothing is more of a buzzkill to an arrival than that! Unfortunately, with Aspen being a small town with limited "paved paradises," our parking options are somewhat limited during busy times.

Guests of The Limelight Hotel do have a few options though: They are welcome to park in the loading zone adjacent to the main hotel entrance during check-in. We offer parking in our underground parking garage for $15 per night. Parking is secure, self park and available 24 hours per day. Alternatively, we have parking permits for the residential area surrounding the hotel, which cost $5 and are valid for one week. And if none of these options work due to high occupancy in town, there is also the City of Aspen Rio Grande Parking Garage, which is about four blocks from the hotel.

I do hope you will return to Aspen and The Limelight. Let me know when/if you do -- parking will be on us!

Best,
Richard Stettner, general manager, 970-925-3025
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was our first time to visit Aspen. It is in driving distance from Kansas City and much cooler. We thought the hotel would be a great one as it was newer and thought that it would be wheelchair accessible.

Here are a few observations about the hotel:

+ Loved that the reservationist listened to what I wanted, thought about it and then emailed me the details!

+ Arrival was a bit confusing as I could not figure out where to park at first.

+ Loved the space in the room. My wife's wheelchair had plenty of room to get around. The closet space was excellent and the bed very comfortable.

+ The bed and the built in shower bench were too low. When we complained the hotel maintenance staff was very helpful in raising the king bed and providing a shower chair so that my wife could transfer from her wheelchair.

+ Disappointed that the concierge was not really aware of activities that a person in a wheelchair would enjoy in Aspen.

+ They had the best hotel breakfast buffet I have had in a very long time. Loved the coffee, fresh bagels, the hot entrees and the fresh yogurt.

+ We enjoyed a $10 pizza and cheap glasses of wine during a relaxing happy hour in the lounge.

+ The hotel has great access to the downtown village. Easy to take walking excursions to shops and restaurants during the day.

Overall I thought that the Limelight was a great value for the price! One of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have outside patios. Wish that we would have spent a few more bucks and got one of...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pepin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

This was my second stay at the Limelight. I enjoyed my first stay so much that I booked my next (annual) trip to Aspen only when I could book my favorite room at the Limelight. I stay here with a girlfriend who lives in the area, it's our weekend away, when we walked into our favorite room we both yelled out "I'm home!"

We paid the $5 for street parking and had no problem finding a spot near the hotel. Since everything in Aspen is walking distance we didn't need the car again after we parked the first night.

Breakfast is amazing and FREE!

I have stayed at most of the higher end hotels in Aspen and the Limelight is my "go to" hotel for my Aspen stays.

• Stayed August 2013
Roseville, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We rented a balcony suite for our honeymoon. The room was very nice. However, at over $400 for one night, I was very disappointed that they did not acknowledge our honeymoon (i informed them so they were aware) with any kind of upgrade our special acknowledgment such as a meal or something of the like. We were not even there that long, due to when our flight landed, after 8pm and we checked out at 8 am. They do not even offer any continental type breakfast or anything. Really? We pay over $400 for less then 12 hours, celebrating our honeymoon and do not even get a donut much less any upgrades. I have to say, as nice as the room is I would not pay this price again. I am staying in Telluride which is just as nice as Aspen and half the cost and the hotel I am staying at, their Customer Service is out of the world.

Room Tip: It was raining when we were here and we only stayed one night but seems a balcony room is a good cho...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
TheLimelightHotel, General Manager at The Limelight Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Debbie K,

First of all, congratulations on your marriage! So sorry we did not acknowledge that during your stay, as we are usually very good about sending an amenity to the room, upgrading when possible, etc. Given that you had a suite with a terrace, you were likely already in one of our best rooms. I am checking with the reservations team to follow up on this.

We do offer quite an extensive continental breakfast daily, which would have been spread out in our lounge when you checked out at 8 a.m. Our breakfast includes fresh pastries, house-made granola, cereals, eggs, waffles, lox, meats, cheeses, bacon, sausage, gluten-free items and steel-cut oatmeal, as well as coffee, juices, tea, etc.

I do hope you will return to Aspen and The Limelight. We have a marriage to toast and some donuts to eat!

Richard Stettner, general manager