The Limelight Hotel
$299
$266
Hotel Durant(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$150
The St. Regis Aspen Resort(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$449
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
St. Moritz Lodge & Condominiums(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$75
Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$375
  • Pool
Aspen Meadows Resort(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$237
$212
Mountain Chalet Aspen(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$129
TripAdvisor
1,266 results
All reviewsin towngranolaincluded breakfastunderground parkingrooms are largefresh fruitlounge areawagner parkbagelsperfect locationfront desk staffaspen mountainloved this hoteloff seasonmini fridgeski conciergeeach morning
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The Limelight Lodge, though not "ski-in, ski-out" or directly at the base of the mountain, is extremely convenient to all that you need in Aspen. A few blocks walk takes to you to Four Mountain Sports where you can buy lift tickets and rent equipment (at a slight discount for staying at the lodge, but remember to ask for a voucher before you head out to Four Mountain). Then it's just a few steps from there to the Gondola. At night, a few blocks in the other direction takes you to a number of restaurants including Matsuhisa (famous, but we didn't really feel like sushi at a ski resort), the Hotel Jerome (where we had a nice Thanksgiving dinner), and Su Casa (decent and reasonably-priced Mexican food). Shops are also right nearby. And a shuttle takes you to Snowmass in about 30 minutes (make sure to let the front desk know in advance, though, because these can fill up).

The lodge itself is very pleasant. We didn't eat there, but the pizzas looked good and a complimentary continental breakfast is offered in the mornings. Staff was friendly and helpful. The hot tubs were great and as always, the perfect way to end the day. Two large tubs, plenty of room for everyone there. A larger heated pool was also open but I thought it was too cold to use. Comfortable room with a Keurig coffee maker and nice robes and toiletries. Not the best sound-proofing as we could hear people in the hallway sometimes. Pets allowed (several people had dogs there). The hotel will pick you up and drive you to the airport, which I though was a really nice touch. I don't know if it would be considered luxury. You would probably want to go to the Little Nell or St. Regis for that (though I'm sure prices would match - this is not an inexpensive town). However, it's very nice, cozy, and relaxed and I'd stay here again.

One note on Aspen Mountain - it's really tough! We are intermediate skiers and have been comfortable on blue runs in Vail and Breckenridge. Not here. There are no green runs on the mountain and the blue runs are definitely more challenging than those we've been on before. I would compare it maybe to Banff in difficulty. Snowmass was a little bit better, but still not easy. I understand that Buttermilk would be the best place for beginners/intermediates, but it wasn't open yet. If you're an expert, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We decided to stay here based on Sunset Magazine's recommendation for an inexpensive place to stay in a notoriously expensive town. It was off season so we paid about $150/night. Of course they never tell you about the parking beforehand. You can take your chances & find a place on the street or you can pay $15/night to park in the garage. We opted for the garage since we were only staying 2 nights & there was a chance of snow. It was also nice to leave the car there while we explored Aspen on foot, since everything is so close by. Last time we were in Aspen, we wound up with a $50 parking ticket for unknowingly illegally parking, so to us it was worth it for the peace of mind. The room was modern & clean with a large balcony. No refrigerator though, but it was cold enough to store our perishables out on the balcony & of course there is an ice bucket provided. The large bathroom was nice & clean. There was also a very large closet with a safe & bathrobes. I like the lobby with the big picture windows & fireplace. I also found the continental breakfast fresh & very tasty. We were on a long road trip, so the laundry mat was very convenient & clean. I think it was $1.00/per load, $2.00 for the dryer & $1.00 for detergent. We also enjoyed the lovely hot tub after a day of ice skating. As there are not that many inexpensive options in Aspen, I would say this is a good value.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2011

In my previous review I criticised the internet because it was set to time out after 20 minutes on portable devices – an absolute pain for global travelers (not on local wireless carriers). From my last visit, I can report they have fixed that issue, so much so, my phone logged on – and stayed logged on – from the moment I arrived. Thanks LimeLight.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Lovely hotel , close to the slopes , food and drinking .Great sized room with gas log fire , big bath room . Nice little extras free transport , complementary continental breakfast , friendly staff and guest laundry - if like us great when you are near the end of a long holiday to get some washing done .Brilliant hotel - recommend highly

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We arrived and were treated like welcome family!! The room was perfect, bed very comfortable. Everything you could need standard in the room. The heated pool and hot tubs a so well kept and clean. The bar, fireplace and free breakfast are wonderful too... Staff are at your service anytime and very helpful with restaurants, directions and other advise. Parking indoors for only $15 a night with Remote control.

Room Tip: Upper floors have mountain views of the amazing Aspen ski slopes!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple