“Perfection In Aspen”

Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Aspen
Santa Fe
“Perfection In Aspen”
Reviewed June 17, 2009

This is the finest place to stay in aspen IF you are looking for great beauty
and peace and quiet. Understated Bauhaus design, large rooms, and deer and foxes wander the property.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Polish first
Denver
Reviewed June 16, 2009

We have stayed numberous times at the Aspen Meadows. The grounds of this resort are immaculate. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. We find Aspen Meadows a great place to relax.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Live0ak
Chicago, IL
Reviewed May 3, 2009

I returned to the Aspen area for my second ski trip this season and based on price and the previous reviews took a risk on staying at a resort that was not located slope side. What a wonderful experience!!! I am an experienced traveler for both business as well as pleasure and I had one of the best hotel stays that I have ever experienced.

The room was huge, larger than many New York City one bedroom apartments, with a separate full living/work area and bedroom area. The room was immaculate and as a fan or modernism, I loved the bauhaus feel of the decor. The room offered a small refrigerator, microwave, sink and dishes - which is a great touch for a resort in an area that is geared for outdoor activities. The ability to store breakfast items in the room to save time to hit the slopes in the a.m. made up for the fact that the resort is not located slopeside. The vies of the grounds and mountains from my room was also wonderful.

The hotel staff with the exception of one rather unfriendly fellow at check in was also superb and willing to help. I ordered room service a couple of times and was impressed with the food quality.

The one down side was the $20 resort fees that were included (supposedly covered water, parking, etc). I found that to be a bit tacky and should have been included in the room price which was already reasonable.

I will absolutely return to this hotel, not only during the ski season - but hopefully also for a summer stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Chicago_ILBalletfan
Pittsburgh
Reviewed March 19, 2009

I am a corporate pilot and stay over 160 nights a year away from home. Aspen Meadows has a modern clean feel, yet traditional superior service standards.

The food selection is fresh and nutritious, not to mention reasonably priced. The views of the majestic mountain peaks and the absence of any kind of street noise, make this resort a wonderful place to feel relaxed.

Customer service at all levels is truly world class. Whether you are experienced in Asian, European or American cultures, this place truly delivers!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank kangaroo53
Chicago, IL
Reviewed February 10, 2009

I recently stayed at Aspen Meadows for my annual ski trip to Aspen and once again I loved the resort. My room was spacious and filled with every amenity that I needed. I found the staff at Aspen Meadows to be extremely professional and service oriented. I dined one evening at Platos restaurant on site and found the food to be excellent and well prepared. I also enjoyed their workout facility and spa. They have recently added a coffee bar that is perfect for the skier looking to get on the slopes early. Downtown Aspen is but a shuttle ride away as is the airport. I love Aspen Meadows and will not stay anywhere else when I travel to Aspen!

• Liked — Size of room and amenities in room.
  • Disliked — Room service came a little early in morning.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jcpgolf
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 12, 2008

I should have known that things would not go well when in order to make a reservation I had to leave a message on voice mail. No one called me back so I had to call again. I was quoted a price which I believed was for the two rooms I requested but was actually for only one room. When we checked in we found out that we could not drive to our room but had to park a distance away and be driven in a cart. Normally this wouldn't have been too much of a problem but it was raining quite hard and the seats were wet. The rooms were quite nice and large. The grounds were lovely too. Service at breakfast if you don't opt for the buffet is excruciatingly slow. In the dining room, with only two other tables occupied it took over 45 minutes to be served bacon and eggs. After checking our bill, we found that we had been overcharged. When we attempted to use rental bikes located at the health club we were asked by the rude clerk if we "really wanted to go biking". She told us that the bikes were out all night and were wet. After assuring her that we did, she managed to find a towel to dry off the bikes. We found some plastic on our own to cover the seats which were still wet. Although the accomodations were nice our experience with the staff left a bad impression that ruined our stay.

• Liked — The size of the rooms
  • Disliked — the service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
4 Thank Sunnyskies52
London, UK
Reviewed June 15, 2008

We stayed at Aspen Meadows for 3 nights, before moving to the Sky Hotel for the second part of our trip to Aspen. We have given the Sky Hotel a higher rating, but only because it is slightly "slicker" in terms of decor and also because of the very popular and lively bar. If staying on the doorstep of the nightlife isn't so important to you, then Aspen Meadows is probably a better place to stay.

The rooms here are HUGE - you pretty much get a small apartment to yourself. The location is also really lovely - it's not right in the centre of Aspen and is surrounded by fields and pretty views, with some local houses situated on the nearby streets. It really feels very peaceful and serene. Looking back on our stay, it was actually quite nice getting the shuttle into the centre of town and back. The shuttle service is quick and frequent - really not a problem at all.
We would also mention that the breakfast each morning (buffet style) was great, and the bar (although fairly quiet) is a nice place to have a drink before going out (via the shuttle!) for the evening. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this.

• Liked — Spacious rooms, friendly staff, good quality breakfast, peaceful location
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple