“Perfect experience”

Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Aspen
El Salvador
“Perfect experience”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

It was my first time in Aspen, and the first time in my life to see so much snow!!
The location of the resort is perfect. It is within walking distance from town and it has amazing views. The staff is very kind and the service was great. The shuttle service was excellent. The room was very comfortable and with so many windows to enjoy the view and let the sunlight in.
I was attending a seminar and the location was perfect to disconnect from the world and process the information from the sessions. I have zero complains. I had a perfect stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Polish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed April 26, 2011

My sister and I recently stayed at Aspens Meadows ( with her two children --age 3 and 5 and my child --age 1) on a long "road trip" type weekend. The location is perfect...on the edge of the "town" ---maybe 5 minutes by shuttle which they provide---but not in town so you feel like its a proper getaway. The surrounding views from the property were amazing. There is a great outdoor pool and hot tub which we went to every morning and night. The rooms were bright and spacious. The food was good ( always one of my top pet peeves at hotels/resorts--if the food is bad I will never recommend that place to others. The staff was knowlegeable on different places to eat in town as well as activities to do. They followed up promptly to requests. I will definitely stay here again when I bring my husband---value for money and I am picky and travel a lot.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed March 27, 2011

This very modern hotel was super comfortable and close enough to walk to town. The service was friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed June 2010
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I stayed at Aspen Meadows with my son while in Aspen for an event. We loved it! The food was excellent, the green-designed buildings were cool, our 'junior suite' was huge and comfortable, truly top-rate. We ate dinner twice in the bar area, which had a fun atmosphere mainly due to the lady bartender who made us welcome and was so fun to be around, remembering details of what we were up to that day. We walked around and checked out the health club/pool/ hot tub, which looked very inviting. The setting on 40 acres was nice - beautiful and quiet but near town. I would love to return; I'm picturing it as a great spot for a girls getaway.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
dougcrawford, General Manager at Aspen Meadows Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and taking the time to write a response! It's always a pleasure to hear how much our guests enjoy Aspen Meadows and their time in Aspen! We look forward to your return.
Jud Hawk
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We went to Aspen for 3 days of snowboarding (Monday-Wed). Snowmass was great. We also tried Buttermilk Mountain but Snowmass was better by far. Anyway we were promised a room with 2 queen beds. We arrived early ~ 1pm. The woman at the desk was great. We thought we were going to have to wait until check in time but she upgraded us to a huge suite because they were no rooms available with 2 queens beds - no extra charge. They told us to park in the underground parking and they sent a bell hop with a golf cart to help us with the bags -- very nice. When we got to the room it was really hot like mid to upper 80's. I thought someone left the heat on high for some reason but the thermostats were set in the 60's (1st clue). So thinking that couldn't be a problem since it was in the 20's to teens @ night I didn't think much of it. The room was excellent, very large, microwave, small refrig, dishes.... The only TV in the suite that had cable was in the master bedroom. The other TV's have a very simplified TV selection (for us that didn't matter since we didn't come there to watch TV). The beds are pretty comfortable and the bathrooms have liquid soap... on the shower wall. They also have a hair dryer. The shuttle from Meadows goes to Aspen. From there you can connect to shuttles which go to the other mountains. If you take the shuttle from Meadows to Snowmass for example it will take at least 45mins. You have to transfer in Aspen to another shuttle that stops a lot along the way. We drove to the day skier's parking lot @ snowmass and took the shuttle up. Much better but a small parking lot if you plan to use it on the weekends. It never filled up while we were there but I suspect it would on the weekends. My wife took the Meadows shuttle later in the day to meet us at Snowmass, she said it was painfully long. So continuing the story after boarding @ snowmass on Monday we get back to the room later that night the temp is still in the high 80's. I start opening the windows thinking it shouldn't take that long to cool down right? Well not exactly. For some reason which I don't understand the temp stayed uncomfortably hot that night (I had to eventually close the windows due to the occasional noise outside the window). The next day they had a guy check out the situation. He said that radiated heat on that side of the resort through the windows heats the suites up a lot during the day. That made sense because just standing by the windows it was very hot. The problem I had was why wasn’t the suite cooling down @ dusk? That’s really the only issue I had with the place. Other than that it was great. The people are very friendly and responsive. I think if you can get the suite temperature under control (or the high temp doesn’t bother you) it will be a nice place to stay. Oh and they also have a very nice workout building. I bring this up because we wanted late check out so we could board in the morning to early afternoon and then head back to Denver before going home. I wanted a place to change and shower before we left. They gave us until 1pm and said that in case we were later the workout building had showers we could use. I checked then out and they were nice. Individual stalls with towels, shampoo, soap…. Very nice. FYI—it’s very dry up there so I would bring ocean or something like that for your nose and whatever else you may need for extremely dry conditions.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Joe17_10
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I planned a father and son trip to see the Winter X Games taking place in Aspen from Jan/27 to Jan/30.

Look at all options in Aspen and liked what I read about the Aspen Meadows.

Even though we were not able to secure an early check-in, the management offered
the resort's health area and we were able to use all facilities until the room was ready.

We had a spectacular time in Aspen and only can comment positive things about our stay in the Aspen Meadows and the service provided.

The shuttle service to town, the Jeep Vip service to the X-Games, the mountain views all over the resort and the room, the cozy lobby/bar and the delicious breakfast buffett just made this an unforgetable experience.

We do have to mention something regarding the climate control in the rooms as this is something that many other people reviewed about. It is definitively different that most other hotel/resort rooms offer because it is not easy to control to the adequate temperature. Nevertheless, after a couple of days, we found the right way ot doing it and it was never an important issue.

Summarizing, we must say that: Our stay was a great one!!!

We look forward to returning to the resort either in the Summer or Spring as both seasons seem to be appropiate visiting.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Stayed on New Year's night on a spontaneous ski-day getaway and found the minimalistic rooms with clean design both lovely and affordable. The setting, a 3 minute shuttle ride to downtown Aspen, has views of AJAX, Highlands and Buttermilk Mountains and is truly extraordinary. The lodging is the home base for the Aspen Institute so the feel is very heady and like a college campus with a touch of hip. Breakfast (huevos) were the best we've had in Colorado and the late night bar selection had some good whiskeys for a nightcap by the fire. We loved it and recommend it. It's not the St. Regis and it doesn't try to be. Great value that couldn't be any prettier. Nice spa and fitness area which we didn't use.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple