All reviews apres ski front desk jacuzzi room small bathroom hot tub free breakfast in town off season third floor main street would stay here again walking distance bus stop beds were comfortable location is great shops and restaurants mountains
Selected filters
Reviewed January 26, 2019

Service at the hotel was fantastic across the board. In particular, Charles went the extra mile to help me get to my airport in time for my flight despite a ton of traffic. Hotel is also well located in downtown Aspen, easy walking distance to a number of great bars and restaurants.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HayMaxHotels, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2019

We are so glad you had a great experience with us David and we appreciate you leaving us a great review! We'll pass your comments on to our staff to make sure they get recognized, and we hope that you can come and see us again soon!

Jeff Bay

Reviewed January 20, 2019 via mobile

Avoid this place. They charge as a nice hotel and the mattress was at least 20 years old.. absolutely impossible to sleep there.. all is cheap.. breakfast, as well. Arrived from a long flight and need to bring myself 3 stories up my bags.
People are nice but management haven’t invest a penny in decades.. awful!! Stay away
Last.. they said the will do transfer to the airport included, then at check out they said that at 6 am front desk is not open to pay the taxi they called.. so i paid myself

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Javier H
HayMaxHotels, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2019

Dear Javier H,

I'm so sorry that we were not able to provide you with the experience you expected with us. Aspen is a expensive location, but our hotel is priced well below most of our competitors, and we provide comfortable accommodations with lots of included amenities at a reasonable price. We do have a bellman available upon request to assist with luggage service, and we are continually try to add services and offerings to make our guests stay more comfortable. I do apologize about our airport transportation not being available at the early morning hours, and we do try to make this clear on our website and all of our confirmation materials. I'd appreciate the opportunity to try and make your experience more positive. Please reach out to me directly at your convenience - jeff.bay@haymaxhotels.com

Jeff

Reviewed October 24, 2018

My wife and I come to Aspen every year and usually stay at Hotel Aspen. Our last visit was 2016 which was great. We had a spacious room on the second floor that was very clean. When we booked a few weeks ago, we were excited for our 2 night stay. We ended up in room 121, which was a huge disappointment. The minute we walked in, the room smelled of smoke. The carpet had runs and rips in it. The bathroom looked like that out of a Hotel 6. It just looked dated and had the feel of a $49/night hotel versus $250/night room. We were so disappointed we didn't stay our second night. We paid for an air bnb and swallowed the cost of the hotel. We were very bummed about our stay at the hotel is in a prime location, the staff is super friendly, and the pool, hot tub, and breakfast are a nice added bonus. Maybe we just got put in the worst of rooms?

Room tip: I would select a second floor room. Avoid room 121 at all cost unless you like feeling like you are at a Hotel 6.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank DenverMatt25
HayMaxHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Dear Matt,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know more about your stay. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We are interested in talking to you about your stay and remain hopeful that you might take the time to contact me directly.

Thanks,

Ethan Reisman
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed October 4, 2018

I have stayed at this hotel twice now - the latest time in March 2018. Sorry I am so late in writing this review! I just love the Hotel Aspen. It has a wonderful location right on the bus route with the bus stop for all the hills just steps away. As well, the hotel is conveniently located just minutes away from all the action in Aspen. The walk along the road to town takes just minutes unless you get sidetracked by all the wonderful distractions on the way - the massive lit up christmas tree for example or the amazing book store with restaurant upstairs or the many antique stores, there is so much to do even before you hit Aspen proper!

The other thing I love about the Hotel Aspen is the happy hour complete with drinks and snacks. Every night there is something delicious on offer for guests. The facilities and staff are wonderful at this hotel. This time I stayed in a room right off the pool and we enjoyed the small entranceway with table and chairs so that we could sit down and take off our ski boots before entering the room - very well thought out room configuration. The room is well appointed with coffee maker and fridge as well. Couldn't ask for anything more. The pool is a nice thing to have and swimming surrounded by those majestic mountains is a real treat. the only drawback is the size of the hot tub which gets super crowded and is a bit too close for me but others seem to enjoy it. I would highly recommended the Hotel Aspen.

Room tip: ask for one by the pool
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Mary d
HayMaxHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Dear Mary,

Thank you, your review was beautiful. We are so happy when we hear that our guests are able to enjoy Aspen and her amazing activities to the fullest. we hope you will visit us again. it seems you really capitalized on your vacation. Next time you visit i would love the opportunity to connect and see if we can beat your previous Aspen experience.

Warmest Regards,

Ethan Reisman
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I forgot 3 bathing suits on the back of the door when checking out. Called immediately to tell the hotel we’d pay to have them shipped to us. After speaking with 4 different people, the bathing suits were “no where to be found.” Don’t stay here! Apparently, if housekeeping finds something they like, THEY WILL STEAL IT!! Just goes to show what kind of people Hotel Aspen is hiring.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank anonymousU2367RP
HayMaxHotels, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Dear anonymousU2367RP,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We feel badly that that we were unable to locate your missing bathing suits, but your accusation of theft is unwarranted and has no basis in fact. If you read the review directly below its clear that we go to great lengths to return items to guests and ensure their satisfaction. There is no evidence whatsoever to make statement such as this, and while I can respect that you may be frustrated at forgetting your bathing suits at the hotel, I can assure you that we have honest, hard working staff who would not benefit in any way from taking used swimwear from a guest.

We will continue to look for your forgotten items, and if found we will forward them to you immediately.

I am available at any time to discuss or assist with this matter further -

Regards, Jeff Bay, Managing Director jeff.bay@haymaxhotels.com