All reviews apres ski front desk jacuzzi room small bathroom hot tub free breakfast in town off season third floor main street would stay here again walking distance bus stop beds were comfortable location is great shops and restaurants mountains
Selected filters
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Decent hotel and good breakfast. But parking is very limited and has to park on street. Nice swimming pool and jacuzzi. Like the breakfast with road view.
Walkable to restaurants. Very convenient location to most of attractions.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HayMaxHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2018

Dear LIFE_TRAVELER46, thank you for the kind review. we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our hotel and breakfast. we hope you will visit us again in the future. On your next visit to aspen, our front desk concierge team will personally help you find a parking space if you experience any difficulties.

Warmest Regards,
Guest Services Manager
Ethan Reisman

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Room was basic and for the most part clean. However, there were spots of something on the walls of the bathroom. The breakfast which was included was terrible. People were putting their hands all over the food and coughing over and on it. The tables were filthy and grossly sticky. It was so horrible, we opted on our other days to find another place to eat. Staff however was friendly. But for the outrageous price, which, I guess Aspen demands (however I Ilve in a resort town, so I know better what things can a should cost) It was in no way worth it and can’t figure out all the great reviews, unless people are so enthralled with included breakfast and apres ski no matter how discusting.

Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank jamesdD7188VD
Reviewed July 23, 2018

Wife and I spent a week here in June. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location is great when visiting Aspen. Considering how expensive Aspen is, Hotel Aspen served its purpose. Jacuzzi room was nice. Very close to bus routes. Morning breakfast was nice.

No elevators. No restaurant. Hotel is old and in need of refurbishing, but very clean. Desk closes in evening.

Would stay here again because of the pricing.

Room tip: Jacuzzi room was nice.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed July 8, 2018

This is not a hotel; it is a motel. It is very old and in my opinion not particularly clean. It was dark and uninviting. The pictures appear to me to be deceptive. One has to climb up and down a large, wide staircase to eat breakfast. There is no elevator on the facility. Extremely disappointed. Owner\manager was not concerned that my husband could not climb the stairs. Refused refund. Refused to re-rent the rooms to mitigate any losses. Said he would hold them even though we were staying somewhere else. I would have agreed to pay for the one night if he would have tried to re-rent. He was uncooperative and wouldn't let me finish a sentence. I would heartily suggest you look elsewhere.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank beenthere1951
HayMaxHotels, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear beenthere1951,

Thanks for letting us know of your experience at the Hotel Aspen. I'm very sorry that you felt we weren't as responsive or understanding in your situation. I was actually on duty the afternoon when you arrived and when you let us know the 2nd floor rooms that were assigned for your reservation were going to be a challenge for your group we immediately offered your party two 1st floor rooms, one of them being a complimentary upgrade to a suite. We didn't have any messages or requests from you in advance that you needed special accommodation or we would have tried to have 1st floor rooms pre-assigned. It appears that your group may have left the hotel without letting us know after we offered the upgraded 1st floor rooms. Since you never actually checked in to any of the rooms I'm unclear what cleanliness issues you are referring to, but our location, value, added amenities, service and cleanliness are generally always highly rated.

We do accurately portray our hotel on our website and all marketing materials. We clearly state our cancellation policy in advance and honestly tried to work with you on a resolution, I'm disappointed you felt otherwise. I'd be happy to discuss the situation with you given the chance.Hopefully we can turn your impression around of us. You can reach me at any time at jeff.bay@haymaxhotels.com.

Thanks, Jeff Bay, Managing Director, HayMax Hotels

Reviewed June 21, 2018

No where on Hotel Aspen's website does it mention that they are "grandfathered in" so they do not have to meet ADA standards. We would not have booked a room if it did. They did mention that they are a boutique hotel, but in reality it is a motel. We would have ignored the sketchy people loitering outside and stayed, but there is no elevator! One person in our group physically cannot climb stairs. The worst part was the manager's attitude when we explained that one person was handicapped and that we could not stay there. His attitude was, we're grandfathered in, we don't have to do anything to help you and we already charged your credit card.The phrase, "grandfathered in" might look good on paper but it's totally useless to a person with limited mobility. Manager had no compassion. We left without a refund, not even a partial refund and stayed at Hotel Jerome down the street, which was wonderful.

Date of stay: June 2018