“Downtown, friendly staff”

Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Phoenix, Arizona
“Downtown, friendly staff”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Downtown was easily walkable from Hotel Aspen, and we walked back and forth multiple times a day. It was nice to be so close. Parking was free along the street, no valet service. The girls at the front desk were always super friendly and helpful. There are bikes for rent right outside the hotel. There are DVDs available for check-out from the front desk when it gets rainy! We splurged and got a room with a hot tub. Lots of climbing tiny flights of stairs - I thought of myself not un-fit, but found myself sucking air in that elevation! The bathroom was teensy-tiny and the bedroom large. The hot tub was on the balcony. I loved the idea of the hot tub more than actually using it. It was such a great idea to use it in the chilly evenings, but I couldn't be in it for more than about 5 minutes as the chemical vapors stung my eyes. I understand and gratefully appreciate the need to keep the tubs super-clean, but those vapors kept me out of the tub. We did not use the pool area as it was a bit too cool for my liking, but the pool area looked amazing, like out of a magazine. It had nice lounging areas and looked very tranquil. There is a lodge-y area above the front desk that held morning complementary breakfasts. It also boasted some couches by a fireplace and some board games - looked fun for those who may not enjoy the skiing but still want the vacation!

Room Tip: Hot tub rooms may not be worth it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff_Bay, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Rachel B,

Thanks so much for the generous reply and feedback. We are glad that you had a great time with us and enjoyed Aspen. (it's hard not to!). Hopefully you can come back and visit in the winter and enjoy the roaring fire with complimentary Apres ski reception held daily in the Lodge-y room :-)

Cheers,

Jeff Bay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Location is great in center of town short walk to center of town where all the restaurants shops and bars are. The rooms are very clean. The bathrooms are spacious and clean. The pool and hot hub I didn't use but guests seemed to enjoy. Breakfast isn't that tasty only complaint. Best hotel option for value.

• Stayed September 2013
Jeff_Bay, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear SapnaChamp,

I so appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you had a great stay with us I'm so glad that you enjoyed the location and amenities. I'm sorry if you didn't feel the breakfast was perfect but we do offer fresh eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, made to order pancakes, fresh ground coffee, juices,fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, yogurt, bagels, cold cuts, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal and much more all included complimentary with your room. I'''l continue to look for ways to make this service even better.

Thanks and please come and visit us again,

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I desperately needed to get away. His business consumes every ounce of his energy and we're still living through the trauma of the Black Forest Fire. My Mom and I had gone to Hotel Aspen last year and had a wonderful time and I longed to go back. As I felt summer slipping away, I asked my husband if we could go because I really wanted him to see it and we needed a break. He finally consented and was so glad that he did. Everything from the drive over Independence pass to the welcome we received when we first walked into Hotel Aspen to our room which they were so kind to upgrade for us was an awesome experience that we will never forget. Hotel Aspen and the experience of being in that lovely mountain town was so enjoyable. Thank you Hotel Aspen for helping us make another grand memory to tuck away for our 31st year of marriage! We thought Aspen might be kind of smug, but not at all. They are very down to earth there!

Room Tip: I have stayed there twice and both times, I enjoyed my room. Both times were off the main level. L...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JVCroft,

Thank you for posting such a "delightful" review! I'm so glad that we could make you and your hard working husband's stay memorable! Congratulations on 31 wonderful years and we hope that you come back next year for #32!

Redstone, Colorado
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Great location, decent size pool, very helpful staff, good free breakfast, nice rooms. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely use this place as our hotel of choice when in Aspen. And of importance to us, my dog was welcome for a small additional fee.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DMC427

Thank you so much for your nice review and we are so pleased you had a great time with us. You are correct that our location, service and amenities make us a great value in expensive Aspen. We love your pup too!

Please come back and visit again soon!

Vail, Colorado
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I love this hotel! Great location, well maintained, very nice rooms and pool was great. Really enjoyed the stay and the staff were so friendly and nice. We got a great off season rate too. Great girls time in Aspen.

Room Tip: We had a room with 2 queens and a nice big wet bar and deck.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff_Bay, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear sleddogs7,

Thanks so much for the great review and we're so happy that you had a great time. Come and see us in winter and maybe visit the famous Krabloonik sled dogs, it seems based on your profile this might interest you.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great location and pool area with hot tub. Motel-like rooms. Very noisy air conditioning. People who work at hotel are super nice and extremely helpful. Free shuttle to and from Aspen airport. Great free breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that opens on to the pool area, especially if traveling with children.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gary S,

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you had a great stay and that you enjoyed the hotel and amenities. I'm sorry is you found our new LG Energy Star rated air conditioning units loud but we can easily move you to another room with a different set up, just let us know. This would have been an easy thing to have taken care of for you. Hopefully you can return and let us take care of you again.

Cheers,

New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2013

While I would characterize this facility as more of a motel thana hotel, the rooms are quite spacious, clean and modern. It is within walking distance to pretty much everything in the town and before the winter season the free bikes they made available (about 4) for use by guests, was a very nice touch. While the breakfast is adequate, it leans more toward the continental variety, it was free. All in all this hotel is a very good value in a beautiful town where good value is hard to find.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear roosterlaw,

Thank you so much for your nice review. We certainly consider our property a hotel, with full service staff, bell service, free breakfast, free parking, free local and LD calls, free wireless internet, airport transportation, 300 thread count sheets, I Pad docking stations, double pillow top mattresses, flat screen TV's with HD programming, complimentary bikes, afternoon BBQ's and receptions, pool, hot tub and much more. I'm certain that you would not find these amenities at a "motel" Also - our breakfast features scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, fresh fruit, pastries, pancakes, cold cuts, oatmeal, juice, coffee, cereal, tea, yogurt and more. I think this would qualify as more than a "continental" breakfast. All of this at a price that is usually half of what many of our competitors charge.

I hope that we may have the opportunity to have you back with us for a future visit.

Regards,