“stancy”
Review of Hotel Aspen

Hotel Aspen
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I got an amazing time while I was there. the breakfast was good and the view to the mountain amazing.
One of the things that I didnt like It was the service as a tourist that doesnt know the area. I was asking at the reception for tours to do and the guy that attended me wasnt really polite and unuseful. I asked him many times for help and sugestions about what to do. He printed me some papers (I can say in a bad way) and I told him if he could book me one of those tours and he said he couldnt that It was all he could do for me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear erikacaceres,

First of all, thank you for allowing us to serve you and we appreciate you choosing our hotel. I am glad that you found many of the hotel's amenities and convenient location to your satisfaction. However, there is never an excuse for less that 100% hospitable service and I apologize sincerely if you felt that any of my staff were not genuinely helpful with your needs while you were here. As you can see from our many positive reviews that guest service is our number one priority. I commit to you that I will follow up with my staff to make sure that friendliness and courtesy are our hallmarks that set up apart. I hope that if your travels bring you back to Aspen in the future you will allow us to earn your business again, and I am available at any time to personally assist you with your future travel plans.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at hotel aspen for a week over Christmas. We were picked up at the airport which was nice.
Our room was a jacuzzi room. It is an awesome thing to sit in a hot jacuzzi in the snow! Wouldn't have changed rooms for anything!
The hotel was a little bit more of a walk from town than other hotels but it is just a 10 min walk to town easy! Across the road from 2 parks. We walked to town to pick up our snow board gear and everything else is within walking distance too- restaurants and groceries. The breakfast included was nice with cereals fruit breads and lots of tea and coffee. Jeff on front desk was super helpful and has great suggestions of where to eat around town.
We had an issue with our jacuzzi and we were moved to another room(exact same) and were even reimbursed for the time it was down. Would love to go back!!!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear sparklysuz,

Thank you so much for taking the time (especially after your 12 hours flight home!) to write such a nice review. We are so pleased that you had a great stay and we also will pass your kind compliments on to our staff. I'm happy that you found our convenient location, great amenities and friendly service to your liking, we hope that you will come back from "down under" and visit us again!

Cheers,

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Front desk staff was so friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The room was very nice and updated! The lobby was very pretty decorated. The location was amazing cute little park across the street and just blocks from great restaurants! Can't wait to go back to aspen and stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear Beccamaherg,

I appreciate the time you took to let us know we are doing a great job and that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and it's so nice to see our efforts be recognized. Glad you enjoyed Aspen and the Hotel Aspen and we'll see you on your next visit!

All the best,

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Everyone at the hotel was friendly and accommodating. Cindy worked so hard making sure everyone was taken care of in the breakfast and apre ski room. She was working so hard, I thought maybe she was one of the owners! We took our two grown sons with us and booked one of the rooms with the fireplace overlooking the pool with the mountains in the background. Great way to spend the evening after a fantastic day of skiing. This was our first stay in Hotel Aspen but won't be our last! Loved it. And what would it be without a relaxing evening in the hot tub after a day of skiing! Convenient to everything. Walk across the street to hop the ski shuttle to Snowmass, Highlands and Buttermilk. Ajax was just a few blocks to the lift.

Room Tip: Recommend the fireplace suites
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear ShirleyUhl,

Thanks so much for writing such nice comments and we're so glad you had a great time wih us! I've already shared your kind thoughts and compliments with the staff and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Thanks again,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

It is centrally located. There is abundance of free transportation available very next to the hotel. Many of the fine eating places are a walking distance away. I did not rent a car and did not feel that I needed one. The hotel has excellen breakfast. There was good soup and cheese in the afternoons. Extremely friendly and helpful hotel staff. When I visit Aspen again, will definitely like to stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Sarfraz90,

Thank you so much for the great review and I am so happy that you had a great time with us in Aspen. I'll pass on your compliments to our staff as well. We're lucky to live in such a beautiful place and we better be happy! Hope you can come and see us again in the future.

Take care,

Reviewed December 28, 2012

the hotel is clean, big rooms so close to town everything is within walking distance and free breakfast and shuttle - beautiful view of the mountain from breakfast and the staff super helpful
perfect for this trip

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear frequenttravelusa,

We're so pleased that you had a "fantastic" time at the Hotel Aspen and your trip to Colorado. We hope that when your travels bring you back in our direction that you will consider us again for your lodging needs.

All the best,

Reviewed December 27, 2012

The shuttle to and from the airport was really convenient, and the driver was nice and helpful with local information. The room and amenities were just as advertised. Breakfast was standard but good, and the apres ski was a great benefit as well. Free food and wine and beer, definitely a nice thing to have after getting back from the slopes. We had a room with a private hot tub, which was also really nice. I didn't realize that it was a bit more like a motel - i.e. the rooms are not connected to the main room where food is served - but a quick walk outside for these things wasn't a big deal to me.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear frink654,

Thank you so much for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your experience was terrific. We appreciate your patronage and we look forward to your next trip to Aspen and the Hotel Aspen!

Regards,