“Excellent location and staff.”
Review of Hotel Aspen

Hotel Aspen
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed January 2, 2013

It is centrally located. There is abundance of free transportation available very next to the hotel. Many of the fine eating places are a walking distance away. I did not rent a car and did not feel that I needed one. The hotel has excellen breakfast. There was good soup and cheese in the afternoons. Extremely friendly and helpful hotel staff. When I visit Aspen again, will definitely like to stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Sarfraz90,

Thank you so much for the great review and I am so happy that you had a great time with us in Aspen. I'll pass on your compliments to our staff as well. We're lucky to live in such a beautiful place and we better be happy! Hope you can come and see us again in the future.

Take care,

Reviewed December 28, 2012

the hotel is clean, big rooms so close to town everything is within walking distance and free breakfast and shuttle - beautiful view of the mountain from breakfast and the staff super helpful
perfect for this trip

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear frequenttravelusa,

We're so pleased that you had a "fantastic" time at the Hotel Aspen and your trip to Colorado. We hope that when your travels bring you back in our direction that you will consider us again for your lodging needs.

All the best,

Reviewed December 27, 2012

The shuttle to and from the airport was really convenient, and the driver was nice and helpful with local information. The room and amenities were just as advertised. Breakfast was standard but good, and the apres ski was a great benefit as well. Free food and wine and beer, definitely a nice thing to have after getting back from the slopes. We had a room with a private hot tub, which was also really nice. I didn't realize that it was a bit more like a motel - i.e. the rooms are not connected to the main room where food is served - but a quick walk outside for these things wasn't a big deal to me.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear frink654,

Thank you so much for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your experience was terrific. We appreciate your patronage and we look forward to your next trip to Aspen and the Hotel Aspen!

Regards,

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We first stayed at the Hotel Aspen last March and when we were planning our Christmas trip I had thought about something closer to the village, but remembering how comfortable the hotel was and how convenient to the bus stops, we booked again and upgraded to a larger room with a fireplace. For us, having the complementary buffet breakfast in the mornings and the Apres' ski in the afternoon, really added a nice convenience and gave us that great feeling of getting a little something "free" in a ton where we often drop quite a bit of money! In the end, it is a short ten minute walk to shopping and well worth it. We wil definitely be back!

Room Tip: Loved our fireplace suite. 211 is on the end and provides an additional window!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Dear livewelldinewell,

Welcome back! We appreciate your return patronage and for trusting your vacation to us a second time. I'm so pleased your stay this time surpassed your first visit and you truly experienced the great value we offer in a Aspen hotel. We'll look forward to a third year with us in 2013!

Cheers,

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed here in September, 2012 at the height of the golden aspen leaves. King bed, standard room was comfortable. We found the bed to be overly soft - the pillow top was a little too much for us. Breakfast bar was great.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear TravelerDurham,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your great stay with us. Aspen in the fall is truly spectacular and we hope you return again. We just replaced many of our beds with the same mattresses used at the 5 Diamond Broadmoor Hotel, I'm sorry you found them too soft. We'll contiunue to try to find the best compromise between firm and luxurious, I promise.

All the best,

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Just came back for a few days of ski. Good outdoor pool and hot tubs near my room in an enclose area so it's a good setting for an heated outdoor pool. Friendly staff and very complete breakfast buffet. Very clean and well maintained too. Everall a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Trip962,

I really appreciate the time you took to write a nice review of your stay with us. I'm so glad you had a great time with us and enjoyed Aspen. I'll pass your compliments on to the staff and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Take care,

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Booked the Hotel Aspen for a December business trip after reading all the wonderful Trip Advisor reviews and I'm so glad I did! I reserved directly on their website and it was a snap. After my initial reservation, I discovered a 72-hour sale they were having and Kyle honored the lower rate and credited my card promptly.

Morgan checked me in for a 5-night stay and put me in a ground floor room facing the pool. The room was spotlessly clean, warm and cozy with a mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, work desk, free WiFi (that worked better than my employer's!), a flat screen television with plenty of channels, a DVD player (free DVDs available to "rent" at the front desk), a large closet with plenty of hangers, a full length mirror, an electronic safe to accommodate my laptop, and a bath with two thick velour robes. The shower had a nice Kohler rain head with plenty of pressure and hot water. The beds were super comfy with a night stand and an iHome alarm clock with iPod dock.

I never heard anyone around me for the entire stay. The hotel corridors were well lit. The pool and spa looked warm and inviting but I didn't bring my suit unfortunately. The hotel provides towels in the pool area.

Parking is free, ample and super convenient. The hotel is within walking distance to the heart of Aspen including shopping and tons of restaurants. There is a bus stop directly outside the hotel. If you weren't in Aspen to work, you really wouldn't even need a car at all. There was an issue with the microwave not working one day and that was immediately replaced after I hung up the phone to report the problem. Thank you Morgan for getting right on that!

The breakfast was wonderful with hot items including eggs, potatoes and meats, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, and anything you could possibly want. The Apres Ski reception was a nice touch with wine, beer, soft drinks, delicious hot items including soup/chili and finger foods, fresh veggies and dips, cheese and crackers, etc. Coffee, tea and juices are always available. A couple nights the Apres Ski was held across the street at the Molly Gibson Lodge (a sister property) and that was equally nice. Allana did a great job there. Thanks to Drew at Hotel Aspen for taking such great care of the guests! The second floor great room had a nice stone fireplace, a flat screen television, and awesome views of Aspen Mountain. There is a computer with a printer that I used to check in for my departing flight and was able to print my boarding pass.

One night at the Apres Ski I saw the manager, Jeff, giving it his all to assist a guest with his WiFi connection. Very impressed with the time and effort he spent.

All in all it was a wonderful stay and I don't have a single complaint. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. Would love to go back in the spring or summer and take advantage of all that beautiful Aspen has to offer. The people were so warm, friendly, and welcoming. Will definitely book again at the Hotel Aspen, and you should too!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank azhaelia
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear azhaelia,

Wow, thank you for taking the time to leave such great feedback and we are so pleased that you had a great time with us. Aspen is a special place and we take pride in making sure all of our guests have a great stay with us, it certainly seems that we succeeded in meeting our goal with your stay. I'll pass on all of your compliments to our staff and we hope that you will consider us again on you next visit to Aspen.

Cheers,