“Reasonable Choice for Aspen”
Review of Hotel Aspen

Hotel Aspen
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Our family stayed here on a recent weekend. The hotel is located a few short blocks from the main town center of Aspen, so it is very convenient to walk to shops and restaurants. It is also within spitting distance of the slopes which would make it a great choice during peak season. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms are spacious enough but the bathrooms are quite small. A larger person would struggle to be comfortable in those bathrooms. The rooms are fairly clean, I would give them an 9 out of 10 in that category. The beds are comfortable and the wifi is free. They also have a free breakfast from 7-10am. If you like to swim, they have a very nice pool which was perfectly warmed and a great patio/lounge area outside. The only area I would ding them on was the smell of the room. As soon as we walked in, there was a very musty odor that hit like a brick. We didn't make a big deal of it for a one night stay and only let the front desk know when we left. I can only speak to our particular room, it may have been an isolated issue. Overall, I would say this is a great choice in Aspen especially if you don't want to pay a premium price for a hotel room. Finding a bargain in Aspen is rare but staying here is a good start.

Room Tip: Want to swim? Ask for a poolside room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear mtngirl37,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a positive review. I'm so glad you had a great stay with us. We do provide a great value and comfortable surroundigs in a convenient location. If your travels bring you back to Aspen in the future I would be honored to have you choose us again.

Thanks, Jeff Bay

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed at Hotel Aspen for only one night and wish we could have stayed longer. All of their staff was friendly and helpful. The whole place was immaculate and we loved the style of the hotel. We really enjoyed having our own private Jacuzzi that overlooked the mountains, it was so relaxing. They also have a complimentary breakfast that was superb. Our whole stay was fantastic. On our next visit to Aspen we will be sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you have lots of luggage try to get a first floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Bethany S,

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review and share your thoughts with us, it looks like you had a great time! Please come back and visit again soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel was close to the parks we needed to be near for volleyball and had a free HOT breakfast. Aspen is expensive, so the free breakfast really helps! Plus, the hot tub was fun too!
The hotel doesn't have a workout facility that I could find, but I really didn't look. Overall, it was amazing for the low price we paid each.

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside main floor have a sunroom.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kat00731

Dear kat00731,

Thank you so much for your great review and I'm so pleased you had a great time with us! Sounds like you had a great time and we'll look forward to your next visit.

Cheers,

Reviewed August 31, 2012

There are nicer places in town, for a lot more money, but this place was great. I don't say 'value' to imply that it is the same caliber of a value menu at a fast food restaurant. No, it was a good value because the bed was comfortable, the service was great, check-in was super easy, and the location was awesome! Free parking and a very nice pool and hot tub.

And check this out - the general manager is replying to every comment left on tripadvisor. Nice work, Jeff.

Recommend Hotel Aspen - thanks a bunch!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear bmdavis,

Thank you so much for takling the time to write such a positive review. I'm glad you had a great time and felt that you truly experienced a great value with us. Yes, there are "fancier" hotels at twice the price in Aspen, but none offer the array of included amenities, personal and genuine service, great location and fair price. We hope you come back and see us again. I take my role as GM very seriously and believe that thanking every guest individually and responding to their concerns, positive or not, is my responsibility . I am lucky to live and work in such a great location and at the end ofthe day all I want is my guests to feel the same.

Take care,

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My sister and I spent a week at the Aspen Hotel while we participated in the Aspen Music Festival. It was perfect for our needs. We didn't have to rent a car. The free shuttle picked us up at the airport. The hotel is equidistant between the Festival grounds and the town restaurants. We had access to miles and miles of trails. The complimentary breakfast is delicious and well staffed and the beds are very comfortable. We took advantage of the complimentary bikes and we appreciated the friendliness and flexibility of the hotel staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear MargyLTA,

Thanks so much for your kind review and we're so pleased that you had a great time with us. I'll share your nice comments with our staff and we hope to see you on another trip to Aspen soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel has 'heart'...the staff is fabulous....friendly, informative, and goes out of their way to make your stay a good one. I rate hotels based on: staff, beds, pillows, showers, and cleaniness...and this hotel excelled in all of these areas.

You can tell that the hotel is older, but the recent renovations in the rooms are nice. There is an A/C unit, which makes for a bit of noise, but at least they have it. LOVED that I could open the windows...yeah!!! Halls are dark and dingy looking so it was hard to see to get the key in the lock...even with the small lighting they had and the stairwells same.

Breakfast selection - really good, and the breakfast room has a great view (included).
Parking - convenient and close.

They have bikes to use for FREE (single speed), and this was great to roam around Aspen, or take the nearby trails.

All in all, a pretty good deal...but ASPEN in general is wayyyyyyy overpriced.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear WorldTvlerParker_CO,

I really appreciate your time in letting us and Tripadvisor readers know about your great stay with us. I'm glad you took advantage of our great amenities and service and we'll look forward to your next trip to Aspen!

Thanks again,

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed at the Hotel Aspen for business. It was at a busy time for the city. The hotel was very well appointed. The room a little tight but very comfortable. Breakfast was really well done and the staff in the hotel were all very friendly and accommodating. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Victorv52,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm glad you had a great stay with us and enjoyed Aspen. We'll look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Thanks,