“Great location, good size room and friendly service!”
Review of Hotel Aspen

Hotel Aspen
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here for just two nights, but we they were excellent. Great room, with a very comfortable kingsize bed. The breakfast is very decent. It is just a few minutes walk from all the restaurants and bars in the centre of Aspen. And most special of all: the heated outdoor swimming pool with jacuzzi. Good for some very relaxing days in Aspen!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Marian_10

Thanks so much for your great review! We are so glad you travelled all the way from the Netherlands to visit us and Aspen. We pride ourselves on our great location, value and amenities and we look forward to your next visit!

Cheers,

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The room was acceptably clean. There was some kind of food/condiment on the curtains. The bed was extremely hard. Both my husband and I found our upper extremities going numb throughout the night, which is not a usual occurrence for those in their mid-thirties. I probably won't be back, but I also don't have any plans on returning to Aspen. This was my fifth trip or so in the last 7 years to Aspen, and it has gotten less fun each time. The pool was nice. The hot tub was a bit small, but 4 people could fit comfortably.

Dear TiffoftheSprings,

I appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback. I'm sorry you didn't find the bed comfortable. Almost all of our guests positivley comment on the double pillow top mattreses we use as well as the down duvets, 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets and overstuffed down pillows we provide. Please contact me if you do decide to give Aspen another visit and I'd love to see if we can change your perception of our beautiful mountain town.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Hotel Aspen was a pleasant surprise and definitely a great deal. Location? Superb. You walk everywhere, anyway! We had a jacuzzi balcony king suite and woke up to beautiful mountain views. The front desk staff was so kind and courteous, and even loaned us umbrellas when it rained. Great place!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear D Dawn K,

Thanks so much for takling the time to write such a nice review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of your beautiful Jacuzzi Suite. I'll pass on your compliments to our staff as well! Looking forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is our third night here. The rooms as not large but nicely appointed and clean. Beds are comfortable. We would stay here again. Location is great within walking distance of many restaurants and shops. We enjoyed the bar. The room is quite comfortable with a great view from a large window. They serve a great breakfast with a large variety.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear golfcouple2,

We are so pleased you had a great stay with us and we hope you are available to come back and visit us again soon. Aspen is a special place and we are are happy to have been a part of that.

Best regrads,

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel Aspen for five days during a summer get-away. The rooms are clean and well appointed. Though it was smallish, the room was large enough for our needs and was large enough to comfortably fit a king-sized bed., a table, two chairs, and small kitchenette, and a decent sized bathroom. The fixtures were nice and upgraded. The bed was very comfortable (very important to me). My husband thought the pillows a little too squishy, but I thought they were fine. My only complaint is that the lighting was poor. It was hard to read in bed at night. I always appreciate a high intensity light next to the bed so I can read if my husband wants to sleep.

The hotel was very quiet (in the room anyway, the pool area had a bit of street noise, but that didn't bother me). They have a wonderful full free breakfast buffet which can save you a lot of money, especially in the Aspen area. The pool area is very nice with comfortable chairs and a nice hot tub. There is no fitness room, but we were so busy taking in all the beautiful hiking in the area that we didn't care.

The hotel is very centrally located and within walking distance to wonderful shopping, restaurants, etc. Also the price is very reasonable for a central Aspen location.

I highly recommend the Hotel Aspen.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from Main Street

Dear Colorado Traveler4444,

I really appreciate your takining the time to write of your positive experience staying with us. We strive for a positive experience with every guest and we hope you will consider us for future stays in Aspen.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We came to Aspen with nothing booked and after a drive around the town we decided to try the Aspen as it looked nice and was a good location. They only had jacuzzi suites or deluxe rooms left. We were shown both rooms by a friendly member of staff and after seeing the jacuzzi suite we couldn't say no! It was such a lovely room and the jacuzzi on the balcony had great views, we were hardly out of it! Wifi connection in room strong and quick. A nice walk into the main part of Aspen with great restaurants and quirky shops, as well as the luxury boutiques etc. Breakfast good, with plenty of choice. Pool area very nice. We loved it here!

Room Tip: Treat yourselves to a jacuzzi suite!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dncadventures
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Dear dncadventures,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are so pleased you had a great stay with us and enjoyed all of our great included amenities and the wonderful town of Aspen. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Aspen to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary. We enjoyed our stay here. Kyle at the front desk gave us a nice room and good advice when asked. Our room was spacious although the bathroom was small. There isn't much counter space but I had one of those hang up toiletry kits that worked well. It is an older hotel so it was never designed to have a big bathroom. We spent most of our time outside enjoying the hiking and biking. We were lucky to be able to open the windows at night and let the fresh mountain air in. The location was close to shopping and resturants. It was our first time to Aspen and if I come back I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Hotel Aspen again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Dear Virginianalways,

I do so appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review, and I;'m really glad you had such a nice time with us. Congratulations on your 26th Anniversary, we'll look forward to you both coming back for the 27th!!

Best regards,