Aspen Square Condominium Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
The Gant(Aspen)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchengreat locationgrocery storecity marketstudio roomoff seasonnice balconymiddle of townsilver queen gondolawood burning fireplaceliving areabit datedup to dategreat kitchenking bedwell equipped kitchenparking garage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We stayed Monday through Friday (left Saturday AM). It was quiet and comfortable (other than early AM buses/trash trucks/etc). perfect for us. every staff memebr we met was friendly and helpful. Our room was a studio - not quite what we expected - but well appointed - we did not like having to fold our bed up each AM and put the pillows away but really a minor issue. Everything else was superb. Parking was tight Friday PM when the weekend guests arrived but no problem during the week. Good things included the proximity of many good restaurants - we enjoyed Bentleys and Little Annies - never got to the pizza joints. There was a grocery store right across the street that made breakfasts and lunches easy and less costly. we even walked to Hunter Creel to hike - although this was our least favorite hike - trails not well marked and we wandered a while getting orieted. We would definitely return

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dsch
Reviewed August 5, 2009

At check-in, I was surprised to learn that there is a fully-staffed front desk and concierge. I was under the impression that Aspen Square was more condo than hotel, so this was a pleasant surprise. Check-in was quick and efficient. Parking was a bit of a problem, though. We were told that there was no more parking on the property but that we could park on the street about two blocks away. Not a huge deal, but a little disappointing.

The first room we were given was a major letdown. Since the rooms are individually owned and maintained, the finish out and condition can vary wildly. Room 409 was like stepping back into the 80s... The furniture was a little tired. Not necessarily in bad condition, just a little worn and old. The bed was a trundle, which was a big disappointment. The kitchen was just plain old. I decided to try my luck at the front desk to change out rooms and was lucky enough to be moved. I appreciated the efforts that the front desk staff and the general manager made to accommodate us.

Room 411 was much better. The finish out was much more recent, and it had a full-sized king bed. It was not perfect, but it was a huge improvement. The view from the balcony was of the pool and courtyard below, with the mountains just beyond. Not bad.

The exterior of the property is okay - not as fresh and modern as the pictures on their website would lead you to believe. The location of Aspen Square is perfect, however. It is right in the center of town, so it is within walking distance of everything you might need. The pool, hot tub and central courtyard were very well designed and in perfect condition.

The daily maid service was fantastic. Since the units have full kitchens, we took advantage and made breakfasts in the morning. On our first day, I left the dishes in the sink to tidy up later. When we came back to the room around midday, the dishes were done and back in the cabinets. This was a nice touch. Plus, the maid did an excellent job in keeping the place very clean during our stay.

In looking back at our stay, though, I am not certain if I would stay at the Aspen Square again. Despite all of the positives (location, service, housekeeping), the variability of the rooms gives me pause. I do not like being surprised (on the negative side) when I first open the door to the room. I would rather stay in a place with consistent (and predictable) quality, or rent a condo from a service where pictures of the specific unit to be rented would be provided. On that, I do not think I would stay here again - nor would I recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 2BAnonymous
WarrenKlug, General Manager at Aspen Square Condominium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2009

We appreciate our guest's recognition of our great service and excellent location! Aspen Square is a wonderful, small condominium hotel in the heart of downtown Aspen, Colorado. When staying at a condominium property, it is important to note that normally all condominiums are individually owned and have different decor. At Aspen Square we have a variety of interiors, from traditional condominiums to very contemporary units. Any guest who is not happy with the decor of their accommodation is always offerend options, as happened in this case. We have wonderful condominiums, great service and we work to please every Aspen Square guest!

Reviewed June 14, 2009

Our first visit to Aspen and boy did we luck out! Aspen Square's location just cannot be beat, summer or winter -- less than half a block walk to the gondola, across the street from the City Market and in the heart of "downtown" Aspen. For us, with little children who nap and snack, staying in a hotel with separate bedrooms and a (full) kitchen makes for a much more pleasant trip, for everyone. The staff was delightful -- friendly & helpful without being obsequious. There is also an (outdoor) pool and spa and our room had the most glorious view. The "complaints" are so minor as to have had zero impact on our stay: only twin beds (no double or queen), some lightbulbs were out (and were out upon our arrival), the kitchen sink faucet leaked and in some areas the unit is showing its age (nicked wall corners, fraying carpet, etc.), but truthfully? They didn't affect our stay at all.
We LOVED letting our youngest nap in a bedroom while an adult could stay in the living room watching a DVD or sitting on the balcony looking at the view.
We LOVED being walking distance to parks with play equipment.
We LOVED having a full kitchen (inc. dishwasher) so we could make our own meals / snacks.
We LOVED the incredible location, being able to literally walk out our front door and be in the thick of things.
We LOVED having the balcony so we could blow bubbles or watch the gondolas going up the mountain or watch the horse, jeeps, buses, pedestrians -- all those things fascinating to little kiddos.
In a heartbeat would we stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank June_Boys
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Once we got to the hotel, we didn't use our rental car at all. We walked 2 blocks every morning to ski Aspen Mountain, and tons of Aspen restaurants were a few blocks away as well... Our room was very clean and comfortable, if we needed something we couldn't find in our room, the front desk always took care of us. Very nice, warm staff.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BillyBumba
Reviewed March 9, 2009

I am an avid skier and the Aspen Square is a skiers dream when you come to Aspen for the skiing! All you need to do in the morning is cross the street and you find yourself at the base of Aspen Mountain Not into skiing Aspen Mountain? Well the central bus stop is about 2 blocks away and you can ride the bus to any of the other 3 mountains FOR FREE! I really like the idea to not have to worry about driving my car while on a ski trip and with such good location, I was able to leave my car in the garage for the entire stay.
Our studio was comfortable and roomy, staff is awesome, great amenities; in my opinion this is the place to stay in Aspen.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends