The Limelight Hotel(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$430
Preferred Hotels
  • Breakfast included
The Inn at Aspen(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$309
Aspen Meadows Resort(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$509
Hotels.com
Hyatt Residence Club Grand Aspen(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$519
  • Restaurant
$898
$875
  • Pool
Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort(Aspen)(Great Value!)
SmithHotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchengrocery storegreat locationcity marketstudio roomoff seasonnice balconywood burning fireplacemiddle of townbit datedgreat kitchenking bedparking garagewell equipped kitchenthe silver queen gondolalittle nellgreat amenities
Reviewed October 11, 2007

I'm always apprehensive going to a new city and wondering if my lodging choice will be close to local attractions.

I had an AMAZING STAY at the Aspen Square, I had a studio with a full kitchen that was larger than some NYC apartments I've lived in. There was even a supermarket across the street for supplies.

The view from my balcony was the mountain gondola and the Aspens changing colors. I don't know what was closer, the ski lifts or all the restaurants downtown. Everything was in easy walking distance.

I will definitely stay at the Aspen Square on my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2007

This hotel condominium is in a FANTASTIC location, just accross from the gondola for Ajax/Aspen Mountain, but you can pay the price for this with the noise from the streets. I couldn't sleep at all for the noise for the first couple of nights due to hoards of people walking past and the snow clearers revving their engines all night...but I am a light sleeper.

The condos vary dramatically in decor as they are all individually owned. There are some beautiful condos, but the last one I had was very tired and had no drawers, hooks or hanging space! So we had all of our ski gear strewn over the sofa and had to live out of our suitcases. However, all of the condos have to be rennovated in the immediate future, so I guess this will only get better.

I would reccommend asking for a condo on a higher floor - and a newer one if possible.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank Keen_Bean_Traveller
Reviewed March 20, 2007

We spent a week at Aspen Square during peak ski season and had a fantastic time. Our fireplace studio was perfect - great size for a couple and nicely furnished. Also could not fault the housekeeping who coped well with our masses of ski gear piled everywhere!

Aspen Square is very well located within walking distance of the Aspen Mountain gondola and buses to other resorts. We had no problems with noise (maybe because we were so tired). Staff were good, with the Concierge being particularly excellent and providing good restaurant recommendations.

We would definitely recommend and it would probably be my first choice if I return. We also had superb post-stay service as some gear was left behind - it was posted back straight away and arrived in the UK within a couple of days.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MelbinLondon
Reviewed October 8, 2006

Wow -- my first trip to Aspen for business and I was only able to stay in this remarkable place for one night. I was in town for business and was placed in a room on the second floor facing the street. The balcony was terrific -- it was cool, crisp and beautiful during my stay.

The room was immaculate. Clean, nicely furnished -- just really, really nice. Of all things, the owners of the room (it is a condo hotel) are from Louisiana -- random! They furnished this room so tastefully. I'm bringing my wife next year -- just a terrific stay.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank WestEndDeac
Reviewed August 24, 2006

When planning this late July weekend trip to Aspen, I first tried to book a condo at the Gant. We've stayed there before and liked it. The Gant, however, has a 5 night minimum stay at this time of year. I asked them for a recommendation for something similar in town without the 5 night mininum, and they referred me to the Aspen Square.

From the minute we walked in the door of our two bedroom condo at the Aspen Square, I realized it was nothing like the Gant. The unit was very tired looking and drab, complete with carpet stains, worn looking furniture, old bedding, and knicks on the cabinets in the kitchen. The unit did not appear to have been renovated in at least 15 years, so it looked NOTHING like the units featured on their website. I had made a special point to request a renovated unit, and one that was strictly no smoking as I am sensitive to smells.

The first thing that hit us as we walked in the door was the overpowering smell of an air deoderizer. It has been sprayed everywhere in the unit, clearly to mask the smell of something- but it was so strong, we couldn't decide what-- smoke? vomit?? We immediately complained, and were told that we should open all the windows. Unfortunately the hotel was fully booked, so my request to change units was not possible. We later learned that a child staying there the night before had thrown up all over the place, leaving us feeling worse, knowing that the carpets had not been professionally cleaned.

As soon as we opened all the windows, we discovered the Aspen Square's second fatal flaw-- its situated on a very busy road with buses and cars loudly roaring by below. I have stayed in NYC hotels that were quieter. The smell of the deoderizer was so strong, however, that we had to keep the windows open.
We spent the evening making frantic phone calls to every Aspen hotel we could think of trying to find another place to stay. As it turned out, this was the busiest weekend of the season, and Aspen was fully and completely booked.

After a long, loud, and sleepless night, we got up and immediately packed our bags and checked out. The front desk was sympathetic about our experience, and agreed not to charge us the for second night we were opting out of, however, could not and still haven't agreed to reimbuse me for the awful night we spent there.

As we were leaving, we faced one final annoyance. Although their website claims to have on site free parking, they failed to mention that there are far fewer spots than rooms. The lot was fully booked when we arrived, so they parked it for us in an alternate location-- on the street well over 6 blocks away. I had to walk up and down trying to find the car.

I am hoping to be reimbursed for our night's stay, but even if we are, I still stand by my complaints about the appearance of the unit, the noise, and the parking situation.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends