“Buyer Beware. Stay Elsewhere!”
Review of Hotel Lenado

and 1 more site!
Hotel Lenado
Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
Halifax, Canada
“Buyer Beware. Stay Elsewhere!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

On Mar 5,13 I had booked a room in Aspen for the week of Mar 13. The next day, my plans had changed and I was going to stay with my group. I called hotels.com and asked to cancel my booking, they said that I could cancel but no refund would be issued. Both companies played each other against the customer - no refund by either. Their was a cancellation policy, but I would have to cancel by Feb 13,2013 in order to only pay $48.05. I called the hotel and offered to pay for a night ($278), if they would refund the other two ($556). They were dismissing and said they could not help. I informed them I would check in for spite as they will not be re-renting & keeping my money. When I arrived in Aspen, I promptly made my way to the hotel and checked in, offering a cancellation fee. It was declined again. On the morning of my third day, I stopped by to check my room and return the room key. Someone was staying in my room! Thankfully, when I opened the door their was only their belongings! I asked the hotel what had happened and why they rented my room while I had a key. I expected a refund. Again, the staff was very rude and could not help. I was out over $920 US. I returned home and was suprised to see an email from the GM asking hotels.com to credit 1 room night. I would have prefered this gesture before finding someone else staying in my room, but I guess this is how they operate. You will be much better off spending your money elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank SimpleSimon12345

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Redding, Connecticut
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Lenado for four days in March. The room was very comfortable and well appointed. In spite of overlooking the street it was quiet as the Lenado is located just a block away from the main street and the center of town-close enough to walk- far enough to be quiet. Breakfasts were delightful and varied. I would definitely return!

• Stayed March 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Aspen. It's not fancy but it is very comfortable and has a great location. You can walk to Ajax Mountain or to the bus stop for the free ride to Snowmass. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were really, really good. Yes, the walls are kind of thin but we didn't have any real issues. Our room was in the back facing the park so it may have been a little bit quieter but I can't imagine being on the street would be a problem as it's not exactly a noisy neighborhood. With the log fireplace in the lobby, quiet library and small breakfast area, it was almost like a B&B. Skis are conveniently kept on the porch (locked up at night) and boots in a heated locker just inside the lobby). We enjoyed our stay and plan on going back next winter.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
devon
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Charming small hotel in a great location, 5 minutes walk to the Gondola, the free buses to Snowmass and Buttermilk and restaurants and shops. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, and resolved our first night blues (guests coming in late from a rock concert and continuing the party on the balcony outside our room until 5am!) by offering to move us to a larger room and quieter room at the back of the hotel for the rest of our stay. There was no extra charge, and we were very impressed. There's a big log fire in the entrance lobby, a quiet comfortable 'library' and a nice bar for a pre dinner drink and where (delicious) breakfasts are served in the morning.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the road. If you have the window open it's noisy and if you don'...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend in January, and loved every aspect of Hotel Lenado. The staff are friendly, super-accommodating, and fun. The rooms are lovely, comfy beds and bedding. Our dog was made to feel very welcome, with her own welcome package! You can walk to everything from this great location. It's not one of the posh (and sometimes stuffy, snooty) hotels, which is one of the reasons we love it. The free breakfast is a freshly cooked treat, prepared by a wonderful chef. Happy hour, too! We will go back, and probably won't even look to stay at any other place in Aspen. Can't wait to try it in the summer. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side, overlooking the little park.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a great location for a modest (by Aspen standards) budget. I'd say it's about an 8 minute walk from the gondola. It's also walking distance from all of the bars and restaurants you'll be checking out at night. The design is adorable; our room was so cute with the pitched wood ceilings and would burning stove. It was also a nice size and a short jaunt from the hot tub. Furthermore the (included) breakfast, was delicious. I'd highly recommend this spot.

• Stayed January 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Sure we were not at the base of Aspen Mountain at the Hyatt, Little Nel, or St. Regis, but the Hotel Lenado was absolutely PERFECT for our weekend wedding get-a-way! Greeted by a cute Argentine hotelier, our small, yet quaint room was just a few steps away, and with view of a small park, which we walked by the 2 blocks to get into the heart of Aspen. Lenado's library and great room helped us relax in a cozy and warm, home like atmosphere. The clerks were outstanding, all very customer oriented, polite, patient, helpful and responsive to our needs. BREAKFAST was FREE and each day was a true delight to experience top chef specials, like almond covered lightly grilled french toast. Our friends that stayed there have visited Hotel Lenado several times, and we can now see why!

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms have direct access to the hot tub, while the ground level rooms open directly int...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family