“Worth the increase in Cholesterol”
Review of Steak House No 316

Steak House No 316
Reserve with OpenTable
Steak House No 316 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: One block down from our location in front of the Hotel Jerome
Description: Owners Craig and Samantha Cordts-Pearce of the Wild Fig and Brexi Brasserie have opened a new restaurant called Steak HOUSE No. 316. Exceptional prime steaks as well as fish & fowl.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Excellent steak, all cuts were delicious and melted in your mouth. Creamed spinach and potato dishes were delicious.

There are newer reviews for Steak House No 316

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We really enjoyed our meals here. Our steaks were prepared perfectly and I was jealous of my wife's mussels. We ate out all six nights while in Aspen and this was our favorite meal. It took a while for our first bottle of wine to show up but both couples had a great night. Don't be afraid to visit if you don't eat meat. The fish looked wonderful.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've been to many steak houses in my life. My waistline can testify to that. So I'm pretty confident I can tell the difference between a Peter Lugars and a Bern's. Or between Ruth's Chris and Capital Grill. Carnivore is my passion.

This brings us to Steak House No 316 in Aspen. It's a quaint little restaurant, in the middle of downtown Aspen. Nice location.

The service was attentive. especially the waiter who kept constantly filling up my pretty daughter's glass. (gotcha!!!)

For appetizers we had the creamy lobster bisque which was quite good, and the onion rings (which really shold be a side with dinner, not an appetizer). The rings came in a mountainous tower on a skewer. Quite impressive.

My daughter had the knife and fork Caesar (a steakhouse staple these days) which was also good, but like every salad in Aspen, light on the dressing.

For entrees we had the Filet which was delicious, and the Prime Cowboy Ribeye which even though it was wet aged, not dry aged, was fantastic. Flavorful, juicy, cooked to perfection. It was a little salty and peppery (which was quickly solved by an occasional dip in a wonderful Bernaise sauce). The steak would have held it's ground against a good steak from any of those great steak houses I mentioned earlier.

My daughter had the truffled lobster Mac and Cheese. It was as good as that sounds. Not just a gratuitous use of expensive ingredients. They were married thoughtfully. Well done.

We skipped desert (we're only human), but they had a nice selection of single malt scotches (but seriously guys, the prices on the 15 and 25yo MaCallan are absurd. If you dropped those by $5.00 and $10.00 you'd sell far more and make more money. Try stocking the 18yo Macallan too. Nice scotch.)

All in all, a wonderful evening. Very highly recommended.

2  Thank zzzzdoc1
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Steak House No 316 is my new favorite restaurant in Aspen. Fantastic menu, fun atmosphere, outstanding steaks and great service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great food, great place, great service. Don't go there alone with your wife. Its a Friends or Family place because its loud.

Been to Steak House No 316? Share your experiences!