“Yum yumm”

Ranked #20 of 168 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Hops Culture is an exciting new craft-beer focused restaurant-bar on Aspen's historic Hyman Mall. We feature over 200 domestic and imported craft beers (30 on tap!), 15 World-class wines by the glass, and an upscale American comfort food menu focused on gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, mac n' cheeses, huge gourmet salads and hearty soups. Indoor and outdoor seating!
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

This place is great for the beer and food lovers! They have amazing apps and you can share the larger dishes with your friends. Also there are big TV s with all sports playing

Scott M, Manager at Hops Culture, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2014

Thanks for the review Sally Anne! You should come check us out on Sundays if you're a football fan. We have the Sunday NFL Ticket and can get any game!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stopped in for a quick bite after a beautiful morning hike in Aspen. The beer and food were both great. I ordered the Crispy Leek Mac which has gruyere fondue, fried shallot, and chives. While it comes in a small dish it was so rich it satisfied completely. I also had the Hop Rod Rye on tap from Bear Republic Brewing Co. in Healdsburg CA. While the beer and the mac were individually wonderful, the combination was even better. I highly recommend a stop here for anyone who enjoys craft beer and good food. In addition the prices were very reasonable for Aspen.

1  Thank Rick S

Thank you for your review Rick.

I agree, Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye is an outstanding rye beer. If you're a big fan of rye beers, you should try Firestone Walker Wookey Jack which is a black rye ipa. It's out of this world!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had lunch there recently and would highly recommend! Had the tomato soup and it was rich, full of chunky vegetables and satisfying. This was followed by their 1/2 roast chicken - the best I've ever had. The skin was crispy, and the meat juicy - I'd go back just for that wonderful chicken. Good value.

1  Thank Marie D

Thank you so much for your review! If you liked our Rotisserie Chicken, you should definitely try our 12-hour Smoked Brisket with a Root Beer BBQ Glaze next time you visit us!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

While in Aspen I ate at Hops Culture twice. The first time I sat inside. The waiter, who was also the bartender was very nice. The second time we sat outside. The waiter was pleasant enough. Both times I ordered the same sandwich, Big Tex. I ordered it the second visit because it was delicious on the first visit. The second time however, it was much too spicy. When the waiter asked how we liked our meal I told him my sandwich had too much of the tomatillo salsa causing way too much heat and that I really wasn't enjoying my meal at all. He just turned and walked away. Rude. He didn't even try to make it right. I scraped off as much of the salsa as I could but some was absorbed by the bread. At that point my meal was ruined not only by the sandwich but by the rude server. Considering the price and bad service it's doubtful I'd ever go back or recommend Hops Culture to anyone else.

1  Thank finrandy
Hops2014, Owner at Hops Culture, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Finrandy:

Our most sincere apologies for your experience. We're mortified to hear about what happened and have discussed it several times at our staff meetings. This should never happen and we will work to make sure it doesn't happen again - thank you for the candid feedback.
If you make it back to Aspen, please let us know - we'd like to make it up to you. info@hopsculture.com
Again, thanks for the feedback, it means a lot.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

While taking a day trip into Aspen we were looking for a fun downtown location to eat. We came upon this place. We were looking for a restaurant with outside seating. Hops had seating on a pedestrian street, looked so welcoming.

We were seated almost immediately by a friendly host. Our server was quite attentive offering lots of good suggestions. My son had the original Mac and said it was amazing. This was made with shells and three kinds of cheeses not the traditional elbow macaroni. husband had the big tex, one of the best sandwiches he's ever eaten and I had a crispy leek macaroni. The server recommended this dish. When he mentioned the noodles were spaetzle I as sold. Not at all disappointed with my choice, it was delicious.

We didn't order one of their beers, although there are 200 to choose from. The meal was reasonably priced, especially for an expensive tourist destination. Total of meal was $39, we felt this was reasonable. We would definitely go back.

Countdown6:

Thanks for the kind words. Can't wait to see you on your next visit. Hopefully you spend the night so you can sample some of our beer, wine or craft spirits!

Thanks!

Been to Hops Culture? Share your experiences!