“Great,Excelent home made pasta, Excelent pizza”

Acquolina Trattoria & Pizzeria
Ranked #36 of 161 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Acquolina is an informal yet elegant trattoria & pizzeria where you will find delicious and fresh italian fare and an energetic atmosphere! We offer an extensive all Italian wine list, freshly imported selections of meats and cheeses, and countless clean and classic recipes for a truly authentic Italian experience! We offer vegetarian and gluten free options as well! Eat, drink, enjoy!
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This great place just open, fantastic food. I was so happy to see an old friend Luigi Giordani that owned this fantastic place. He is also the owner of Campo de Fiori. Try the pappardelle with lamb ragout, or gnocchi. Thin crust pizza as a starter is a must. Also a cold cut and stracciatella cheese you must try it. Say hi for me to Luigi . Have fun Luca Papini. Ciao

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I just come back from Aspen. My last night I try this new place owned by a good friend of mine, Luigi Giordani that worked at Prego in irvine California. The food was fantastic, very casual place, perfect after a good day of skiing. Try Pappardelle with Lamb Ragout, gnocchi with meat ragout.
If you go say hi to Luigi from Luca Papini. Ciao have fun .

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Ate here on a recent ski trip to Aspen, CO and was pleasantly surprised. Restaurant is located on Main Street across from the Pitkin County, court complex. Interior is very modern and well-lit. Burnished metal appears to be the theme. Tables are situated close to one another. Bar area is well-stocked. Kitchen area is open to view. Large B&W Photos of various Italian and Italian-American, celebrities adorn the walls (most notably Sophia Loren) which seems appropriate for Aspen. I'd give the interior an A+ but most diners come for the food.

I had the capellini, Angel hair pasta tossed in a light promodoro sauce with fresh grape tomatoes. The pasta was perfect, just firm enough and not "mushy". The sauce was very light, simple and no one ingredient was overwhelming. The tomatoes were not crushed, but pretty much left whole, retaining their natural flavor and resulting in a "fresher" taste. I enjoyed it. I also ordered a serving of rosemary bread which was very thin, almost cracker-like with a hint of rosemary, flavor. I could have skipped the bread. It was akin to a thin pizza-shell with no toppings. All-in-all, I was satisfied with my meal/pasta. I left the trattoria full but not over-full. I appreciate a light pasta and they do that well here!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Please read what I wrote for Aqualino. Sorry readers. I have described my experience at this restaurant.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Okay this restaurant used to be Gisela so it still serves the Italian fare. I think it is now going for the gourmet pizza crowd as well. If you like spending a lot of money to eat in a cattle car then you will love this place! The restaurant is divided into low tables (normal), medium size tables and high tables. Make sure you specify which height you prefer otherwise you will get a table wherever they want to put your party. Also, if you prefer a table against a wall which will give you a little more privacy then make sure you request to not be smack in the middle of the action. This restaurant is kind of a scene for eaters so if you like that kind of atmosphere then you will like it. Our food was Fair with a capital F. I have to say that everything was okay (didn't eat pizza) but had spagetti + meatballs (nothing special about it) and veal and fish dishes. All fair. Appetizers were fair as well. Then there were a couple of birthday sparklers going off in the restaurant that left a lingering gun-smoke smell for a few minutes throughout the restaurant. Husband had to step outside to clear his breathe. My feeling is this restaurant wants to be profitable so they have packed in the seats to make that happen. However, you can only be successful if you give a little customer service to your clientele by making the seating more comfortable and respect the customer's choice where the party wants to sit. The waiter was fine so don't fire him.

1  Thank beta A