“Great scenic drive”
Review of Independence Pass

Independence Pass
Reviewed December 26, 2013

A great scenic drive. We went in the early fall and the colors were gorgeous. I have been on scenic drives from New York to Montana and this one rivals them all. You well need to set some time aside as it is not a short trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,370)

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This is one of those "must do" items. Scary for chickens like me...but stunning. Be prepared for hairpin curves and tight quarters when meeting vehicles. Be sure to stop at the top and take the short walk to see the incredible views.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We went over this pass at night. We would've liked to see it in the daylight but at night it was definitely an adventure. Trying to avoid the loose rocks from falling on our vehicle, hoping it wouldn't snow, and not being able to see of the cliff sure was fun. I've heard it's beautiful in the daylight.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

My brother and I took a road trip from CO Springs all the way to Aspen and the Independence Pass was one of many great highlights along the way. We passed safely through it during the summer (it is often closed in the winter due to ice/snow conditions). There were no guardrails on many if not all the hairpin turns over cliffs. Definitely eerie, I would only want to ride over it in dry weather, without doubt, but it is truly beautiful flora and fauna. The feel and even the lovely aroma of nature changed nicely as we crossed the pass and into the Aspen valley. Truly special experience and lots of elbow room.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

You shouldn't come to Colorado in the summer and miss the chance to drive over Independence Pass. Just beautiful!