“Excellent Burger”

The J-Bar at the Hotel Jerome
Ranked #2 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Aspen's iconic J-Bar (short for "Jerome Bar") remains the town's social hot spot, with its lively yet casual dining atmosphere. Ski bums, socialites, cowboys and luminaries - from members of the Tenth Mountain Division to the late Hunter S.Thompson gather at this authentic bar for an hint of the Old West. Sit down, relax, and enjoy a beer, vintage-inspired cocktails and light dining fare for lunch or dinner. And don't pass on Aspen's best burger.
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Excellent Burger”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I had lunch here while visiting Aspen. The service was a little slow at first to greet us and take our drink order. We both got the burger and fries. Both were excellent. We were too stuff to try a dessert. We like the atmosphere of the bar and the comfortable booths. We took a tour of the hotel lobby and the second floor. The hotel had a old charm to it.

• Visited May 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Worth a stop”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere in this bar is great. The decor is top notch and not forgetting HST history while not exploiting it. Food was a gastropub fare with a great burger.

• Visited May 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Meet up Place”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a great place to meet friends before the night life begins. Bar food is top notch. It's in the heart of Aspen and a quick walk to the Wheeler Opera House and local clubs.

Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“My favorite bar in Aspen”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Since the remodel the guys are turning this back into a real proper bar with all the requisites. My local since it's couple of blocks from my apartment, highlight for me are decent music and a bunch of local fk heads. It's a decent place. I've never eaten there because I tend to not eat where I drink.
I shouldn't be even telling you this, so I hope you don't ruin what is the best locals bar in Aspen at the moment.

Be nice.

• Visited March 2013
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Great burgers!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

One of our favorite meals while in Aspen. The burgers and fries were fantastic, as was the reuben sandwich. Wonderful atmosphere and good value.

Visited March 2013