“In a word.....amazing!”
Review of Francesca's Homemade Pasta - CLOSED

Francesca's Homemade Pasta
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Takeout
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“In a word.....amazing!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We visited Aspen and found this great place; a little out of the way, but totally worth it. I had the Lamb Ravioli wtih Rosemary and what a great dish it was. My wife enjoyed the empanadas completely along with my daughter who basically ate a whole order by herself. Considering she is only three that is an amazing feat. We had an amazing wine that was a tad bit expensive, but in the end, worth it. The atmosphere was very cozy and very laid back which is something we very much look for when we go for a nice meal. Martin, the owner, is extremely friendly and so welcoming; it was like he invited us to his home to eat. A good guy with a great personality; he is really passionate about his place and what he does. It is hard to find something negative about this place; we will be visiting again the next time we are up in Aspen.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Abel E

Edinburg, Texas
“Great Pasta Place...but Hard to Find!!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

This place was a nice find for us. It took us a while to find, especially due to the current construction going on in this plaza. It is located in the back of the plaza on Durant Ave., near the right side of the central market on S. Spring Street. We enjoyed all the homemade pastas and sauces. The small empanadas were also delicious! The owner, Martin, was a great guy! He was extremely friendly and very welcoming. All the food seemed to be very authentic. The desserts look excellent, but I didn't order any because we were all very full.

• Visited July 2014
aspen
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sorry - but you have been misled!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

The proprietress is charming but this food is awful! The pasta was heavy, doughy and very starchy. The meat sauce had an unusual flavor - perhaps Argentinian, but certainly not Italian.

The empanadas, while edible, were way over priced - even for Aspen. They were served (dumped?) on a small plate with no sauce or condiment.

With so many truly exceptional offerings in Aspen, don't bother eating here!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank kimmorss
Greenwood Village, Colorado
“Fell for the reviews”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I really really wanted to like this place, I really did. We have been around Aspen, now visitors, for decades. The reviews were great. The lady from Argentina was beyond charming; but our dinners were not so good. The wine was stale from bottles opened too long ago, and I chose not to drink my Malbec after the first sip. As I sit here typing, the fettuccini sits in my stomach like a leaden mass; not light and little flavor. C'mon really? I make a better lighter fettuccini myself! The spinach salad was wilted and drenched in balsamic vinegar. Tried a couple bites and left that aside, as well as most of the "vaunted" pasta. Maybe we just hit a bad night or ordered wrong, but we will not be returning to this restaurant.

Visited August 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“A Little Bit of Italy in The Mountains of Colorado!!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Tony owns it, Tony cooks, Tony waits, Tony hosts and Tony is the cashier. Charm and sincerity infuse this small (and very hard to find even though right in downtown) eatery. With modern styling, this place is a find. The pasta is home made, the sauces home made, and the cheese cake home made - and grandma's recipe to boot. This place is moderately priced (we got out of there for less than $60 including a salad and desserts), and a real treat. If you are looking for good food, look no further. Eat in or carry out. You can't miss.

• Visited August 2014