“worth the wait for an outside table”

The White House Tavern
Ranked #1 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2014

After reading all the favorable reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided to give the White House Tavern a try for dinner. The place had also been recommended by a local.
Get a table outside on their patio if you can.

They have a very limited menu (maybe 10 items) but they are all good with more than ample portions.
Our server, Kelcey, was excellent.

The cheeseburger was huge, juicy and the meat was of good quality.
We also ordered the Dip Duo appetizer....also great...we woofed it down in record time.
The food order was accompanied by 2 margaritas.
My only negative was the sticker shock when I saw the price of the margaritas...$11 each.
(The drinks at the J-Bar were better)

Bill without tip came to $50.

I would highly recommend the White House for lunch or dinner...and go early for happy hour somewhere else.

2  Thank SRQgirl
There are newer reviews for The White House Tavern

Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Only about 10 items on the menu. All portions are huge. Mostly sandwiches. For my 6 y.o. son they suggested a hamburger from the main menu or a grilled cheese. Nothing else. The portions are huge. We all loved the food, and took the leftovers home for dinner... The indoor part of restaurant is very dark, small windows, lighted candles. The staff was efficient and pleasant.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We had a late lunch on a very rainy day in Aspen at The White House Tavern. The sandwiches are large and delicious! The macho salad is fabulous with all the right ingredients and very filling. The hand-cut fries are addicting! The food quality is great. The cozy environment on the cool, rainy summer day was welcoming. A favorite of locals and a good spot for lunch for visitors. We will definitely return!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

The menu consists of about 10 choices - our group had three of them. Highly recommend the fried grouper sandwich and I am from Florida. Salads and sandwiches were monstrous especially the fried chicken sandwich. Delicious breads. Wonderful lunch spot. Cozy.. Very friendly. Great ambiance inside and out. Typically I like healthy food (and they have salads on the menu) but their fired sandwiches looked so delectable that I couldn't resist. Very interesting designer bar menu. I was disappointed in their Bloody Mary. Same menu for lunch and dinner. Two people who are moderate eaters could easily share a sandwich. Pretty good hand cut fries. I just like the ambiance so much that I was willing to overlook the things that I did not like.

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Inside extremely noisy. Not a place for relaxing or intimite conversation. If you are under 40, you'll consider it a hot atmosphere, young and trying to be hip, like Aspen. Mega salad was excellent with many ingredients. Fish sandwich huge. Would rather have it grilled, although the breading added texture and flavor. Would never return unless I could eat outside! Not a relaxing lunch. Thanks

Been to The White House Tavern? Share your experiences!