“Nice location and great fresh food”

The White House Tavern
Ranked #1 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The kale salad in the white house tavern is one of the best in town! You have to eat it there once. Also the hand-cut fries are a class of it's own and worth waiting for (if the place is crowded). The location is cosy, where you can just stop by and have some of the great fresh homemade food they offer.

There are newer reviews for The White House Tavern

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Loved all the food at this place, i actually had about 3/4 of the food on the menu. After eating at several Aspen restaurants and being disappointed, this place finally did the trick. All 6 of the people in my party loved the food. Its more of a tavern then a restaurant, but it doesn't taste or look like bar food. Great food at a great price!!! I will be back every time i come to town.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Ok, I get it. The chicken sandwich is freakin awesome. So is the fish sandwich and the burger (but everywhere in this town has a good burger).. But number one? I don't know. The place is tiny. The service is okay. The drinks aren't that great. But what gets me is the fact that a chicken sandwich is what? $16 or $17 and doesn't even come with a side. I mean, c'mon. It's good but I definitely feel taken advantage every time I go. Definitely not deserving of the number one spot in a town with so many great places.

1  Thank MrMidrare
Reviewed December 23, 2013

The food, decor and staff are first rate! (The chicken sandwich is a must try!!)

We ended up going to The White House Tavern twice on our 8 day visit to Aspen. With all the great restaurants in town that is saying something! Taylor was very knowledgeable and accommodating!

1  Thank Sarahdawn
Reviewed December 22, 2013

A friend brought us here after she had been brought here the night before. I had a giant burger. It was beautiful and delicious. Good service. The manager came to our table and checked things and talked with us. The tabula(?) salad was good.

Been to The White House Tavern? Share your experiences!