“wonderful meal at not Aspen prices”

The White House Tavern
Ranked #1 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boca Raton
“wonderful meal at not Aspen prices”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Brian (part owner) was at the door on my arrival. I heard very good things about the
restaurant from everyone in Aspen. But I needed to see a menu. He offered me a table,
to sit down..... as he review the menu with me. Menu is short and sweet but the food
was great. The wine outstanding. I wanted to eat early and expected to see a half empty
restaurant. Every restaurant I passed was empty but The White House Tavern was full.
I could not get a chair at the bar but i did get the last table. Must be doing something
right.

Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
“Aspen Piece of Heaven!”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My second visit to The White House Tavern was even better than the first. My husband and I went to experience the famous "French dip". It was bar none the best French dip ever! We had the great pleasure of meeting the head chef, Jose and the General Manager, Brian. They educated us on the philosophy of the restaurant, fewer items and freshly prepared food. It is an experience not to miss when in Aspen. We also realized it was the very last of the off season which was to our benefit, as they had the time to chat. Don't miss it!

1 Thank Julie B
alabama
“Aspen visit”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Loved it! My favorite. Great ambiance,service, food. Great value considering Aspen is super pricey. Can't say enough good things about it.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best French dip sandwich of all time!!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Strolling down the streets of Aspen my husband and I stumbled upon the White House Tavern. The menu was limited, so I was skeptical, but the food was absolutely amazing! We ended up eating lunch there twice! I had the macho salad which was del9icious and my husband had the french dip sandwich, which , after devouring most of his, I have to say was one of the best things I have ever eaten! The bread was homemade, along with all the sauces and it was just divine! They also serve fun cocktails and beers, so it's a great place to go after a long day on the slopes for a drink. The atmosphere is great as well! Its small and quaint, with a chic tavern feel. A must in Aspen!

• Visited November 2013
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

After reading the reviews and listening to the many recommendations in Aspen we realised we couldn't leave without a trip to the White House Tavern and thank goodness we didn't. The food was absolutely tremendous; it makes me so sad I can't just pop there anytime now . . . please consider opening a UK site!!!

Visited December 2013