“Fun Atmosphere and Great Food”

The White House Tavern
Ranked #1 of 165 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Check out the beautiful chandelier in this rustic restaurant. It feels like a upgraded tavern but it's so much more. We sat at the bar and the service was great. Food was absolutely delicious (try their fries and you won't be sorry.) Highly recommend and we would eat there again next time we visit Aspen.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a must try while in Aspen. The resturant is very cozy and comfortable. The food is great. I had the macho salad without chicken and it was awesome, loved the dates in the salad as well as corn bread croutons. My husband had the French dip au jus and he also really enjoyed his meal.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Usually I like to try a variety of restaurants on vacation and don't visit the same place twice. Not true for The White House Tavern. I have obsessed over re-creating their kale salad at home. Everything else is great too. You can't go wrong with any of the sandwiches. Great cocktails too.

1  Thank nhes
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had a great lunch here. on the down side, my only complaint would be that we waited a good 5 minutes before being recognized by our server, while the table of locals seated after us got immediate attention. The food was great however, with a limited menu. My burger was terrific, cooked perfectly to my liking, my husband loved his grouper sandwich, as did our friend, and his wife, a vegetarian, loved her torta sandwich. Everyone loved the on site made torta bread. The place was crowded,bu after being recognized and placing our order the food came out fairly quickly, which I was concerned about because although it looks like there is a prep kitchen in back, my kitchen at home is bigger than the hot kitchen. All in all, thanks to TripAdvisor's recommendations, a great lunch for a day trip of fall leaf viewing.

1  Thank kathku
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Went there for lunch and had the Kale salad and French dip. They were excellent. Good food and very friendly service. We ate outside as it was a beautiful day and had a very enjoyable lunch. It is priced about normal for Aspen. Everything is Aspen is high.

Been to The White House Tavern? Share your experiences!