“Cozy place, delicious food”

The White House Tavern
Ranked #1 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Cozy place, delicious food”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a must try while in Aspen. The resturant is very cozy and comfortable. The food is great. I had the macho salad without chicken and it was awesome, loved the dates in the salad as well as corn bread croutons. My husband had the French dip au jus and he also really enjoyed his meal.

Visited October 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Two words: Kale Salad”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Usually I like to try a variety of restaurants on vacation and don't visit the same place twice. Not true for The White House Tavern. I have obsessed over re-creating their kale salad at home. Everything else is great too. You can't go wrong with any of the sandwiches. Great cocktails too.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank nhes
Boulder, Colorado
“Wonderful fall lunch in aspen”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had a great lunch here. on the down side, my only complaint would be that we waited a good 5 minutes before being recognized by our server, while the table of locals seated after us got immediate attention. The food was great however, with a limited menu. My burger was terrific, cooked perfectly to my liking, my husband loved his grouper sandwich, as did our friend, and his wife, a vegetarian, loved her torta sandwich. Everyone loved the on site made torta bread. The place was crowded,bu after being recognized and placing our order the food came out fairly quickly, which I was concerned about because although it looks like there is a prep kitchen in back, my kitchen at home is bigger than the hot kitchen. All in all, thanks to TripAdvisor's recommendations, a great lunch for a day trip of fall leaf viewing.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank kathku
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Went there for lunch and had the Kale salad and French dip. They were excellent. Good food and very friendly service. We ate outside as it was a beautiful day and had a very enjoyable lunch. It is priced about normal for Aspen. Everything is Aspen is high.

• Visited October 2013
Parker, CO
“Best burger in town!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Nice, small tavern....yes, truly a tavern. Limited menu, not as expensive as most of the neighboring restaurants. Some interesting and GOOD items on the menu, and the BESTburger I've EVER had.

Try the kale salad if you like a little 'spice'.

Visited September 2013