“Perfect for Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a very enjoyable lunch on the patio. We ordered the grouper sandwich, the chicken meatballs and the french fries. The very best thing though was the Kale Salad that two of us ordered. It was a chopped salad and I want more now! We had a really good waitress and at the end of our lunch, she said there would be no charge. We were surprised and protested but she said it wasn't negotiable. We left confused until about 1/2 block away my husband asked "what is that on the back of your pants?". Turned out when clearing our plates they had dropped something between my back and the chair that ended up on my pants. We thought this was really a nice way to handle this - we weren't put in the position of saying to not worry about it (it was smaller than a quarter & really wasn't a big deal as my shirt could easily cover it) and since the waitress was so sweet, we probably couldn't have complained anyway! We would go back for sure.

3  Thank Titan27

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Grouper is seldom found on a lunch menu in Colorado. White House has a tasty “crispy” Grouper sandwich that is second to none. The Colorado Kölsch went well with it.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Just stopped in for Martinis... And they were delicious! Had the cucumber martini and highly recommend. Great atmosphere and staff.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Some of the best food I have ever eaten. Wait staff well trained and pleasant!!!! Kale salad was yummy as was the grouper sandwich.
Kudos to the chef.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The White House tavern has a great atmosphere and great food. The thing I liked best was the menu is small. Maybe 12-15 items. So my wife and I decided to share 3-4 appetizers. They were all mouth watering. And if you're wanting to eat kale to be healthy but not crazy about the taste, try their kale salad. It's fantastic! The staff couldn't be nicer, especially Sheamus Feeley. He really made us feel at home. The next time you are in Aspen, make White House Tavern a must stop to eat.