“Lovely night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rustique Bistro

Rustique Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Rustique Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely night out”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great menu and lovely setting in the center of town. Left the kids to entertain themselves and had a great meal.

• Visited December 2012

Louisville, Kentucky
“Excellent every time”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The experience here is excellent every time.

My wife loves the salmon and I like the steak frites.

The salad with the lardons is excellent.

The service is great and the GM is really friendly.

The prices are fair.

In a place that can be stuffy, its an island of casual sophistication.

I would recommend this to anyone.

• Visited June 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“We should followed the local advice!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My friend's son an Aspen resident steered us to this eatery. He told us how great the "bar menu" is. He also had high praises for a couple of other places in town but they were not what we, a group of 4 friends were looking for.
We did not have reservations but as it was "mud season" and early for "din-din" figured that would not be a problem and it wasn't. The bar is very small and there appeared to be 3 four top tables (high top rounds) in the bar. The young man at the host stand stated that, yes, he could seat us in the resteraunt at once and did so....there is also a very large out side dining area but it had been raining earlier and no one was seated there. We were seated on the edge of the dining room and the bar....
The menu at this eatery is sorta kinda Prix Fixed.....but with variations....sorta reminds me of a holiday menu at our yacht club IE: at x price choose from these items and at x price choose from these...I do believe there were 3 tiers....My friends made their selections from that menu. I chose from the individual items. My friends were ALL DISAPPOINTED...I love my Fois Grais and the Gnonci.....the roasted Brussel Sprouts were non edible and were taken off out total....all in all......
We should have stayed true to our friend's advice.....and when I asked if we could order from the "bar menu" and the answer was NO....we should have left........This Resteraunt was OK but not more than that and by Aspen standards.....we make your own choice as there are many in town....

• Visited June 2013
Norway, Maine
“A smile would have been nice!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stopped by for a light dinner.... It was a bit disappointing. The food was okay - nothing special. The service was disappointing. The waitress and the hostess both were not friendly. I felt like we were putting them out by being there. I would not go back... There are many more places in Aspen who I am sure would want my business.

Visited June 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Enjoyed our Meal”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I ate here on Saturday, 5/25/13. We had reservations at 6 PM. The restaurant was nearly empty at the time but we were seated next to a party of 6. I asked to move to another table in the corner but the waitress said it was reserved. I did notice all the corner tables were taken by 7 pm. My husband and I assume the regular local customers get the corner tables. We had a very nice waitress. She explained the menu to us. My husband got the small plate version of the Fois Gras with smoked duck special to start with. He liked it very much. I got the French onion soup which was excellent. The warm and crusty bread is severed in small bags to keep it warm. My husband got the Duck Confit which was very good. I had the pan roasted trout. It was ok. It seem to be watery or just needed to be cooked longer. We finished the meal with house made fruit sorbet.

• Visited May 2013