“OK Food Served with a Sneer and a Side Helping of Attitude”
Review of Cache Cache

Cache Cache
Ranked #31 of 171 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Since I was dining alone I sat in the bar. This restaurant is a classic example of a place trying to recreate a NYC "scene" feel and failing miserably. The food was ok - but honestly the service was so bad that I barely remember the food. The bartender seemed annoyed to be serving me food at the bar, which has seats crammed together so tightly I spent an hour being elbowed in the ribs by the drunk old man sitting next to me. I was so pissed by the time I was half-way through the food I just paid and left. I won't be back - there are too many other amazing restaurants in Aspen to waste money here.

19  Thank HungryHorse_11

Reviewed January 6, 2011

The restaurant was very crowded, so we ate at the bar/lounge. The king crab aptizer was very good! We recomend it!

Reviewed October 11, 2010

The food was good,but the staff was a little stuffy.

1  Thank ShariJ
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I went here with some friends, and had about 6 people in our group. Service was excellent, and the atmosphere great. Soups and salads cost around $10, while most entrees are between $30 and $40. To me, the price is completely justified for the quality.

The onion soup was fantastic, and I've tried them all over the world. I also ordered the rack of lamb, which was served perfectly med-rare, was very tender, and extremely delicious. Possibly the best I've had.

Wine recommendations were great, and the selection is great. We ordered several bottles of a nice Southern Rhone wine, which paired very nicely with the meal.

All in all, a great meal, and one I would eagerly look to enjoy again the next time I am in town.

Reviewed March 26, 2010

Service was best called neglect, wine list very impressive but way over-priced, food was
not the least bit special. The noise from the bar made the dining room extremely noisy and actually uncomfortable. Why would they sacrifice their big paying diners for a few wannabe hipsters in the bar?? Actually, I think this would be a better place to eat at the bar menu and enjoy that scene instead of spending 500 to 1k dining there in the dining room. It's gone down hill since the last several times I've eaten there. Sad to say..because this was one of the best restaurants in Aspen...not anymore.

7  Thank rcbarron