“Always a special place”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Bali
“Always a special place”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Just about the most beautiful setting for a restaurant in the mountains! We have been coming here since the 80's and am never disappointed by that view. Wait staff seemed a little scattered and they messed up my husbands order (but it was a great dish anyway). Brought friends for their first trip and it didn't fail to impress!

Visited July 2012

miami
“wonderful opportunity”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

On my annual visits to Aspen my husband and I eat out everyday so I have a good sense of the service industry in this remote exclusive town. While it is true that the hired hands may be sometimes young and inexperienced... that cannot negate the rare opportunity the Pinecreek cookhouse affords us. How many mountaintop parks offer top quality food and an amazing environment in which to enjoy it? AND the ride up in a horse drawn sleigh!!!?
The food at the Cookhouse is excellent... and there are several amazing employees who have been there year after year. I will always suggest to any friends to take the trip up to the Pinecreek Cookhouse.

• Visited January 2012
“Don't bother”
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

I don't know how this is # 4 out of all the restaurants in aspen. They forgot us on the sleigh, so we had to take an atv to the restaurant. Not romantic... Not fun. My poor mother... I thought she was going to lose it. When we finally arrived... We got no apology, but instead... Attitude. The food was boring, wine was better. My mom ordered the soup of the day which was to be artichoke- Parmesan, but came out as lamb curry. They're just alike right? When she said something, she was ignored. Then... The supposed owner came over and asked her how her soup was. She said... "okay"... And he then snipped at her and said"it's delicious". I was mortified. I am in the service industry and could never imagine treating a customer like that. As if this wasn't bad enough... We then got the bill. They had the audacity to charge us for the sleigh we didn't take... The soup she didn't order and the gratuity. I had no problems with the gratuity because our waitress was good and quite honestly seemed embarrassed of this establishment. When we brought up the sleigh charge... The managers "fix it" was removing the gratuity. Ridiculous. It wasn't our waitresses fault they left without us. Instead of removing the charge... Or even just 2 out of the 4 ( which I guess would be fair since we got the sleighride back) they wanted to make our waitress pay? I'm getting angry all over again just writing this. Anyway... Yes, the view is amazing but all of aspen is and there are many other restaurants in aspen with good food better service and nice owners. Don't waste your money here.

2 Thank Kins923
Aspen
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

all year round especially in the winter when you can cross country ski to area. It was rebuilt a few years back and is quite a lovely place and
healthy food.

Visited March 2012
Little Rock,AR.
“Pine Creek Cookhouse”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nothing more colorful, fun than the sleigh ride to Pine Creek Cookhouse. The view is magnificant, the food is great.

Visited January 2012

Been to Pine Creek Cookhouse? Share your experiences!