“Great seafood and Happy Hour prices”
Review of Pacifica Seafood Brasserie - CLOSED

Pacifica Seafood Brasserie
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Destin, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great seafood and Happy Hour prices”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Seafood and rawbar from this restaurant is outstanding. From 4 to 5:30 the restaurant offers a short list of this at great prices (considering it is Aspen). Staff is very friendly.

• Visited January 2013

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Fantastic seafood - a treat in the mountains!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

So, I went here twice on this visit to Aspen. The first time was dinner with my husband on Friday night - the first night they were open for the season. We had no reservation- I would suggest a reservation - they were slammed...but the hostess was very nice, luckily a two-top in the bar had just opened. Our waitress was very busy but very eager to talk about the menu and she was very friendly. I enjoyed the food and atmosphere so much that I went back on Saturday night early (5:45) for a cocktail and snack while my husband was in meetings. The best two evenings I have ever had in Aspen - I am such a fan! Why? I love seafood. Don't judge the menu by their website - it is not updated with their new menu items. They have cold seafood - the table next to us ordered their Seafood Plateau - it looked impressive, but we wanted something warm. My husband had the scallops with black mushroom paella and some melty manchego- he loved the scallops and was okay with the rest of the dish...but he will tell you he's not a 'foodie'. I ordered three new items...king crab tempura which was light, crispy and yummy; a shrimp cooked in spicy olive oil in a skillet - I forget the name of the dish; and an order of their garlic cheese bread - grilled bread that I think was rubbed with garlic and covered with finely grated parm cheese - not your typical garlic cheese bread...I loved it! I put the spicy shrimp with some of the garlic oil on the garlic bread and washed it down with Prosecco. I was in heaven. It was so good that I ordered the shrimp and garlic bread the next night sitting at the bar with two glasses of Prosecco. The bartenders were very fun and there were four other folks at the bar that I enjoyed talking with. I watched the bartender make a new drink - A Corpse Reviver, or something like that, the ladies who drank it said it was terrific. Next time, I'm trying a cocktail. As for price, we were in Aspen on vacation and the quality was terrific...so I was very pleased. I can not wait to go back!!

• Visited December 2012
“Great atmosphere, food not so much.”
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We have enjoyed Pacifica on many trips to Aspen/Snowmass and have loved the food in the past. This trip not so much. New chef and the changes aren't good. But the atmosphere is still great and so is the service.

Highland Park, Texas
“Raw Bar”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Pacifica Sefood & Raw Bar has the best Raw Bar in Aspen and the location is close to Aspen Mountain and the town center of Aspen. The seafood comes in each day.

Visited March 2012
Alexandria, VA
“Service With a Snarl”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here twice during summer visits to Aspen. The first time, two years ago, the food was good but overpriced. The portions were small and the flavors really didn't deliver for the amount of money we paid. But the service was good. This year, the portions were just as small and the flavors were no better. But the service was bad. It wasn't slow or inefficient or confused. It was arrogant. My wife and I are unfailingly courteous to people in service businesses, especially to those who rely on tips for much of their income. We are friendly and undemanding, and our tips generally range from twenty percent (for good service) to twenty-five percent (for outstanding service). And we rarely get service that is less-than-good. We like people, and most people in our experience have proved to be likable. So what happened here? We don't drink alcohol, and so sometimes (very rarely) a server will show a little bit of attitude because even though we order premium meals our check undoubtedly will be a little smaller than it would if we also ordered cocktails and wine. Also, my wife follows a pretty strict dietary regimen to complement her physical fitness work, and so she likes her food with some exceptions (no sauces, creams, mayonnaise, cheese, etc.). And most servers are eager to help. On this night, we got one who appeared visibly annoyed by the whole thing. She treated us more like a bother than like customers. She wasn't openly rude but made it clear that she was not happy with us. So if the food is just "good," and the portions are small, and the prices are high, and the service is poor, that means one thing. We won't be going back there again. Too bad.

1 Thank Yankee26Soldier