“A very reliable and quality dinner spot” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jimmy's

Jimmy's
Ranked #7 of 161 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 205 South Mill Street
Description: Since 1997, Jimmy's has been Aspen's neighborhood restaurant and bar, the kind of comfortable restaurant where you can dine again and again. Ask any local, and you will hear that Jimmy's is an "Aspen Institution." The menu has something for everyone, from the fresh-squeezed margaritas and the "locally-priced" bar menu to the famous crab cakes, USDA prime steaks, and fresh fish. "The menu is designed to feature the finest in American cuisine without being pretentious, served in an energetic atmosphere," says proprietor (and local) Jimmy Yeager. The energy at Jimmy's is what really draws a crowd; the bar is nearly always jam-packed and the dining room lively with activity and a mix of interesting people. The welcoming staff provide the best in top-notch hospitality. Jimmy's is "home" for a large community of locals and tourists alike.
North Palm Beach, Florida
“A very reliable and quality dinner spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had 8 at dinner to celebrate our daughter's engagement and were very pleased with the service and the meal. This is a very reliable restaurant and has been a consistent winner in Aspen for years. The waitstaff is very friendly and the food was very good. The trout was excellent as was the Ciopino. Friends had a ribeye that was huge and they were wise enough to split it. They also had an excellent wine list which was on the expensive side - but hey we're in Aspen.

• Visited March 2014

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Had it all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Jimmy's had it all -- great food, nice ambience, and very good service. I had the chicken and my wife the fillet and both were superb. We couldn't have been more pleased.

• Visited March 2014
BUENOS AIRES
“AFTER SO MANY YEARS, CONTINUE TO BE THE BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

We started to come to Aspen around 20 years ago. Our daughters, who obviously came with us, were teenagers. Now, we continue visiting Aspen with them and now with our grandchildren.
Jimmy´s restaurant, in the center of the old mining town of Aspen that nowadays is one of the most important, for us the best, ski centers in the world, was established around 1997/98 by Jimmy Yeager, a friend I can tell know after multiple visits to the restaurant. And since then we started to dine at Jimmy's.
Is difficult to say which the best wine, the best food, the best restaurant, but, for my wife and me, this is number one in Aspen.
Although Jimmy is mexican oriented, I believe that only for drinks, as the food is, how to qualify it, modern, light, EXCELLENT, he has a touch with our country, Argentina.
He was one of the first to have argentine wines in Aspen and one of them, I don't know exactly why, was name after his son, now eleven, or he named his son Luca because of the wine.
And his engagement with Argentina is not only wines but tango. Once a week, he takes out their center tables and he starts to dance, and he does it very well.
But returning to food, if you come to Aspen would be a sin to miss Jimmy's

• Visited February 2014
Sedona, Arizona
“Always a nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Jimmy's is a long-time favorite of ours. Classic setting. Nice bar area. Crazy busy all the time. The wait staff is always attentive. Food choices always excellent and different. We just really like coming here. So do lots of other people!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank dps_Sedona
Aspen, Colorado
“Pricey bread that's not free”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Awful and sneaky, they give you 4 pretzel sticks unasked then charge you $12 for them. Make sure to send the bread back it's just not very good.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DRP1958
Jimmy Y, Owner at Jimmy's, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Jimmy's has been in business for 17 years. We have been serving our pretzel bread sticks from Day 1 and have never once charged a guest. However, if you can show me a receipt demonstrating the you were indeed charged $12 for bread then I will pay you 10x's that amount ($120) in cash.

I do my best to take the high road when it comes to online reviews because some of the reviews are helpful in letting us know how to improve the quality of our guests experience. There are other reviews that are so off base and potentially damaging to our business that I am continually reminded that we are at the mercy of anyone with access to a computer. People that have NO business adding their two cents to any recommendation site.

We work very hard and very diligently to offer our guests an exceptional experience. All of my employees who dedicate their valuable time to care for you deserve the dignity of constructive criticism should we fall short and not live up to your expectations.

So, please either show me the receipt and collect your reward or have the decency to apologize for your misunderstanding. If you are missing your receipt all I need is for you to tell me the date you were here, where you were sitting and some detail about the other items on your check and I will locate your receipt from our records.

A comment to all those who may be reading this response. I implore you to be considerate and constructive when writing reviews as well as to read between the lines. Understand that a good portion (NOT ALL) of the negative reviews are often written in haste and/or are written by people you would never want to dine with….aka miserable human beings.

Respectfully,
Jimmy Yeager

Been to Jimmy's? Share your experiences!